xxx Kettlebell Weekend Edition xxx

Gayle

Cathlete
Howdy!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I took the day off. Had a doctors appointment that made me feel like poopy so I didn’t workout. I’m doing RoP light day and something else this afternoon.

Melissa – Love your workouts the last few days! Awesome 16kg snatch! I’m askeered to try it at that weight. I’m glad you got some sleep. ☺
Great news piece with Dan the Man!! He did look very natural and comfortable in front of the camera. I speak fluent nerd, so understood everything.;)
Happy Birthday to DD13!!!

Jane – Sounds like you and mom both had a long day. I hope you get a good workout in today!:)

Deanie – Great heavy day workout! Is the long cycle clean feeling better for you? I might be overdoing my rests since I’m so early in the RoP process, but I’m afraid to hit failure and stall out. The longer ladders you’re doing are impressive! Hope the boys win all their games!

Heather – Sweet workout yesterday! ITA with Deanie, these KB workouts sound tame, but usually end up being smokers! Are planting a vegetable garden?

Hi Marcy and Rhonda!

Hey guys. I am so sad, but I am leaving the forum. I could never stand how Chris behaves and a comment Cathe made is the last straw. I am sending you my email address in pm

Love you guys
Melissa

Hey Everyone

I think that I missed something... I usually stay clear of the OD forum so I'll have to go back and find what has been going on.

Aside from that I did my PM workout this morning and did:
WU: Halo's, Pumps and Wall squats
WO: TGU with 12kg for 10 min. 10L/10R
then from Myomytv Brutal Body Blast
2 Rounds 45 work:15 rest of
Reverse Lunge with Kick-up (right) 12,13
Reverse Lunge with Kick-up (left) 16,15
Dive Bombers 10, 9
Squat Jump Jump 17, 21
Tricep Dips 16, 17
1/2 Burpees with Push-ups 12,12
Single-Leg Deadlifts with jump (right) 17, 18
Single-Leg Deadlifts with jump (left) 19,19
Plank Climbers 18, 20
Power Jacks 21, 22
Chin-up 7,7

Then I did alot of stretching! I was surprised how many TGU I could do in 10 minutes. Do you think that I should use the 16kg bell?

Gayle: I was planting a veggie garden yesterday. The killer part was the rototilling! We have this old beast that I am actually a little afraid of. It takes alot of upper body strength to control and you don't want to mess with it! I got about half the garden planted so I am very happy as today it is raining so perfect timing! Good luck with your workouts today and sorry to hear you had a poopy doc's appointment.

Deanie - Thanks for the AOS info. I am going to go check out the DD forum and see what info I can gleen! We just got back from my oldest son's soccer game. It drizzled the whole time. Good game; Bad weather!

Melissa: Thanks for the input and i guess I will see you at your site! I'm going to check out what's going on at the OD. Hope you had a great birthday party and it was cool to see your DH's video. He did look like he was having fun!

Jane: I like variety too. I got started again with fitness after my 2nd son was born with just running so I like to keep that in the mix but kettlebells and body weight workouts have really got my attention. Especially after doing so many Cathe workouts etc that seemed to take 2 hours a day. Way too long.

Off to clean the house (babysitter coming cause we're going out!!!!!)
Cheers
Heather

Oh Wow

What a mess out over there! Yikes!
I know that I just joined this check in but if you move and you don't mind my checking in with you then please let me know where. Thanks
Heather

Hi Heather! Great workout!!! :D IMO, if you are comfortably doing TGU's with 12kg for 10 minutes, I'd say the time is right to move up to 16kg. I think that was the point at which I moved the weight up.

I finally started planting our vegetable garden today. I got lettuce and beets in. I hope to get the rest in early tomorrow before it gets hot...I'm a big weenie about the heat. We used to have a monster tiller like you mentioned. Moving that sucker in a straight line was quite a workout. We changed our garden to raised beds a few years ago and DH got a little Mantis tiller...MUCH easier!

An OD mess is right! :eek:

Deanie, Jane, Melissa, Marcy, Rhonda - I don't know how you guys feel, but I would be fine moving our little check-in someplace that's non-denominational from an instructor standpoint. I know VF has a check-in forum...just a thought. :(

I almost forgot...here's my workout.

Deanie - I did it at 8:30am...that IS the perfect workout time! :D

Buy in: 5 minutes swings and jump rope
* Alternated 10 swings @ 16kg with 30 jump rope
* Bit the bullet and jumped barefoot AND high stepped! Only banged my toes twice.
* 6 rounds swings and 5 rounds jump rope.

RoP: C&P/Modifed Pull ups 12kg
* 5 x 1 (singles)
* The long cycle clean is a PAIN! For each rep, I did a 1 dead clean, then 1 long-cycle clean, then a press.
* I made the mistake of trying these in front of a mirror and that just messed the cleans up completely.
* All pull ups were modified with a slow negative.

Cash out: Snatches
* 12kg to The Cult's "She Sells Sanctuary"
* Ended up with 5 rounds of 5r/5l
* Did a hold at the top

Later taters!

Okay..... I am still confused why Melissa (Love you babe!) was banned.:confused::confused::confused: I only see one reply from her :confused:

I rarely if ever go to the OD forum - since about 2007 when things started getting nasty.

Gayle:::Sorry your dr. visit made you feel poopy :( Have fun with RoP and whatever else you do.

Heather::: Great workout! I'd say yes, try the 16kg :) let us know how you do! and yes, we will include you if we go elsewhere.

pm me if you guys want to go elsewhere. I'm good as long as we all are together. I already emailed Melissa.

Gayle::: we posted at the same time :)... of course I stopped to answer the door for ds10's friend and got talking with his mom during my post! :eek: :) I like your buy in today. the long cycle is a pain! and I feel yours ;) and She sells sanctuary brings back college memories!!!:):):):cool:

VF is good for me - but please send me the link, I'm not a member :)

Last edited:
Here's the workout I did today plus a 40 minute swim. I'm toasted.

3 Round of 12 reps each:
KB Bicep Curls
Anchored Sit ups w/kb
Push Press
Russian Twists
Bent Over Rows
Pullover sit ups w/kb
Upright Rows
Oblique Crunches
Tricep Extensions w/kb

I'm a member at VF as Lioness there too. I don't mind going over there.

Sorry to tired to figure out what is going on.

Last edited:
Gayle: good idea with the pm's :)
I just posted at VF in the ETK check in!
See you all there!!

Jane:: I'm toast just reading your workout~ glad you are enjoying the pool/swimming :)

later :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.