XTrain Ride...? for spinners

horsing around

Cathlete
As I was doing Ride today, I was thinking about how much I enjoy hill climbs. What is your favorite part of spinning? And you can't say cool-down and stretch :p...that would be the obvious choice!

This was my 3rd time doing Ride and I really tried to push myself, my quads are still screaming at me. Love Ride!

Lisa

As I was doing Ride today, I was thinking about how much I enjoy hill climbs. What is your favorite part of spinning? And you can't say cool-down and stretch :p...that would be the obvious choice!

This was my 3rd time doing Ride and I really tried to push myself, my quads are still screaming at me. Love Ride!

Lisa

I love sprints: something about spinning at a crazy speed makes me feel so powerful and free.

I love heavy hill climbs too! I thought I was the only crazy one that loved turning that resistance knob to the max!!!

I love all things spinning except hover jumps. I just don't know that I am doing them right.

I really like quick tempo rides both seated and standing. I love that free feeling of finding the perfect song, matching the beat and getting lost in the spinning zone. Of course the calorie crush is an added benefit ;)

My favorite would have to be whatever move is coming up next, because it gives me some relief from whatever I'm doing in that moment! :)

I like it all, especially if it's to a beat, but if I think about which moves I really get into, I guess I'm another resistance junkie, since it's standing or seated climbs. But my absolute favorite is standing climbs when you're then forced into a standing sprint with the same resistance. I feel like my heart is going to explode out of my chest! When I make up my own routines, I always throw a couple of these in. :)

My least favorite used to be sprints, only because, in hindsight, I didn't have the endurance or strength to use the right amount of tension, so I always felt a little out of control. If I tried to turn the resistance up so I could feel more in control, I just couldn't sustain the same pace for long. But practice makes better (far from perfection here) and now I love them.

I really can't thank Cathe enough for that first announcement about whether we would be interested in Cyclemax. It pushed me to my local gym to try spinning. I'd stopped cycling (and gave away my bike, indoor trainer and the rest of my equipment) many years ago when a loved one experienced a horrible cycling accident. I didn't think I'd ever get back on a bike, but this is a safe and fun way to do it. And now I have strong urges to take my cycling outdoors again. I didn't think I'd ever get over my fear enough to even have the thought of getting on a road bike, and now I've put it in writing. Wow, I guess that means it might happen. Sorry for going off topic, but once this thought started coming out of me I didn't want to stop it.

Whether I end up outdoors again or not, I'm going to be spinning away in the meantime! :)

It sounds amazing any suggestions for a home spin bike?

I aw your post in the OD and asked a few questions. There are Cathletes with spin bikes inall price ranges, so I think we can help if we have a better idea of your parameters.

I just wanted to say that I got my first spin bike the other day, but I am waiting for my Cycle Max and Ride DVDs to arrive before I really use it! I bought the bike 100% because of wanting to try those two workouts. I have tried sitting on it in different positions, pedaling with various levels of resistance, and moving it in and out of its designated space in my workout room (ha ha). I'd say I'm all ready to use it for a real workout now!

I managed to get an outstanding deal on a "Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike" as it's called on the Walmart website (Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike - Walmart.com), but I got it on eBay as a damaged box item. It had a couple of very minor flaws but nothing my husband wasn't able to fix. :) This particular bike had excellent reviews everywhere I looked online, so I thought it would be safe to buy one sight unseen. I have nothing to compare it to, having never used any spin bike before, but I do think I'm gonna like this one. The only potential problem I can see is that the seat is really hard. We'll see how I feel about it after attempting one of the workouts!!

I just wanted to say that I got my first spin bike the other day, but I am waiting for my Cycle Max and Ride DVDs to arrive before I really use it! I bought the bike 100% because of wanting to try those two workouts. I have tried sitting on it in different positions, pedaling with various levels of resistance, and moving it in and out of its designated space in my workout room (ha ha). I'd say I'm all ready to use it for a real workout now!

I managed to get an outstanding deal on a "Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike" as it's called on the Walmart website (Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike - Walmart.com), but I got it on eBay as a damaged box item. It had a couple of very minor flaws but nothing my husband wasn't able to fix. :) This particular bike had excellent reviews everywhere I looked online, so I thought it would be safe to buy one sight unseen. I have nothing to compare it to, having never used any spin bike before, but I do think I'm gonna like this one. The only potential problem I can see is that the seat is really hard. We'll see how I feel about it after attempting one of the workouts!!

I put a gel seat cover on mine. Soooo nice for those few "seconds" of sitting.

I have nothing to compare it to, having never used any spin bike before, but I do think I'm gonna like this one. The only potential problem I can see is that the seat is really hard. We'll see how I feel about it after attempting one of the workouts!!

Expect some saddle soreness after the first ride or couple rides. Comes with the new spinner territory :p Once your body adjusts it won't be an issue anymore though.

Welcome to spin...report back in after you experience Cathe's spin DVDs
**i heart CM and RIDE**

I'll definitely come back with a review after my first spin workout! I've also been considering a gel cover for the seat, but it will probably take a painful workout or two before I get motivated enough to go buy one. :)

I have to add that I love the fact that this bike takes up much less space in my workout room than I originally feared. It's so easy to wheel in and out of its spot in the corner. So far, I've not collided with it during any of my cardio workouts, which is a big plus. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.