Xtrain Legs - Hardcore Sculpting

jdimascio

Cathlete
I know there is another Legs thread, but I just wanted to give a quick review. I am on day 5 of the undulating rotation so I did Legs plus rear delts. This workout flew by and Cathe keeps you moving. She hits every angle of your legs and glutes and don't be surprised if your legs are still shaking when you are done. I added the 100 rep hip thrusts at the end. My gym is in my basement and I almost thought I'd have to spent the rest of the day downstairs, hee hee!!

Anyway, Standing portion moves quickly and the sweat started for me after the 4th exercise, kind of forget which one that was. Barre was next, hitting quads, glutes, and calves mainly...definitely preparing for what's to come. Ball and chair got my hamstrings on FIRE, and a nice burn in the glutes. Floor work was a nice finisher with added weight to the pizza press.

This workout is a nice compliment to Cardio Legs Blast, totally makes sense why Cathe created it this way, as opposed to a heavy workout. If you miss the heavy weights, just go heavier in Cardio Leg Blast. Super fun and effective leg workout...which is expected from the queen of leg workouts. No one does it better!!

I am excited to see what results I get from doing this one:)

I'm on Day 5, too, and also did Legs today. I only have an hour in the mornings to workout however, so I am doing the rear delts portion tomorrow. But WOW! I was so impressed with this workout--and no heavy weights either (though I went heavier than Cathe on every exercise)! My legs were burned out by the end of the workout. I finished it off with 100 Rep Challenge Hip thrusts. OMG. That is the 3rd 100 Rep Challenge I have done so far and the hardest (so far). Cathe didn't mention how much weight was on the crew member's barbell, so I used 35 pounds. AMAZING! My legs were rubbery afterward and are still burning. I anticipate some DOMS, but we'll see. So far the only DOMS I've gotten from Xtrain has been my triceps--and they are STILL sore from Tuesday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.