Xers - Fanatics Bring It on Friday

My post was lost up top toox( Oh well, I know you'll all find it.

Ok, so I went to do yoga and it's a no gox(x( I am so frustrated right now!!! My knee is absolute crap! I have no idea how this happened. It is not the knee I usually have trouble with but it hurts worse than my other knee ever has. It hurts when I bend it at all or lock it straight. So pretty much there's a tiny space in between that doesn't bug me but even that will off and onx(

I am so ticked about this!!!! I can't get into PT today. I think it's better to get in when it really hurts so you can relay that to them. I hope it goes away but I'm wondering if I didn't really tweak it bad this time.

And I'm done! Thanks for listening to the angry rant}(

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide whether to go and brave the mud or stay inside. It turned out to be really nice, but it's really wet. DH is off with the old truck, so if he doesn't come back soon, I guess my decision will be made for me.

The kids are going nuts at work. The adaptive pe teacher is just out of college and one Down's syndrome girl is giving her a fit. She said she is just waiting for the kid's head to spin around backwards and weird drool to start coming out of her mouth; yes it's that bad. I was so glad to get out of there early.

Nicole- Sorry about the injury. Could it possibly have happened because you were compensating for your back? I think that's how I messed up my hip.

Debra - Glad class is going well. You definitely have an advantage over the younger ones. They are mostly young in my class too. I just sit and listen. CB is so sweet. Are you two going off on a special birthday weekend? If so, can I ask where?

Sandra - I was laughing when I read your comments about Squeeze. Those would have been my exact words. I guess I'm just not programmed to use that type of workout anymore, but it has gotten great reviews. It always depends on what your goals are. The follow up sonogram went fine. I have to see a breast surgeon every 6 months (and have for 10 years) because my breasts are so dense that the mammogram and sonogram are not really that effective. In fact, she said today, that the fibroaednomas that they found two years ago had probably been there a long time. They just finally could see them because sometimes the density of the tissue decreases with age. So I basically went through a huge scare for nothing; and it was huge. Everytime I go to the radiology place the doctor or the technician comments on how dense my breast are; like I didn't know!

Traci - Glad the zip is back again, well except that you are a little tired today and rightfully so. A girl at work asked me to help design her a workout program. She is young and getting married in 7 months. I'll post what I come up with and you can see what you think. The Core+ has several cycles and it may have 4-5 hanging exercises. I think there is still plenty of benefit to be gained without hanging. I'm trying to think how to modify the hanging moves a little. I'm not sure how much my joints are going to take it.

Laurie - I think Cathe's leg work would be great for DD. Especially the endurance based ones like LL. I've tried to get DS to do some of them and he is in pretty good shape and still struggles, so I'd be careful not to turn her off with something too hard. I think we are used to them, but that they are harder than they look.

Kim - Glad the calf is feeling better. It can be tough to heal because it is so big. Be sure to stretch. Don't worry about catching up from a week. Just jump in.....

Lea - Glad the heart murmer is nothing serious. Hopefully you won't have to have any dental work. Are you still eating raw?

Jeanette - Sounds like you and Traci like glute camp. I'm thinking I might be able to ride tomorrow. It is 55 today. I'll have to see what is going on. I am supposed to do C&B. I was thinking, you really have DH trained well if he does the cooking. I guess I'm just too cheap. If I didn't cook, they would all eat out all of the time.

You all will probably get a kick out of this. I got all of the holiday stuff packed in boxes and they are lined up in a trail starting under the attic pull down door, which is in the hall before DS's bedroom. He literally has to walk around the boxes to get to the bathroom and his bedroom. Do you think there has been any mention or attempt of sticking them in the attic?

Tracy

Howdy there xers! I’m supposed to be studying but……. I love and miss you too much!

Traci and Tracy+++ Interesting talk about the leg work. I’m hitting the legs hard this winter. DH and I spend 1.5 hours on Sunday with Cathe doing GS, B&G, P90X Legs from L&B. It’s fun to watch him squirm and talk about his sore this and that afterward. I too am feeling it.

Especially after the run on Tue. That really shook em up. Also doing legs from timesaver #5 and KM drills throughout the week. It’s fun and I’m seeing definite results as in lifted buns and some definition in the vastus lateralis and vastus medius and rectus femorus-(quads). Lots of bumpy stuff on the hammies, which I will live with until I “eat clean as a whistle”. Not sure that will ever occur.

My rotation is based on the GS ‘s and ME and PUB/PLB and Corework. I add ½ hr. cardio on those days. I’ve upped my endurance by ½ of what it was this time last year. I owe it to Tony for strengthening my core. I lifted 25# on 1 set of French press in GS Tri’s and 2 sets with 20#. Yeah!

I ordered from Collage on Tue and they arrived today!!!! I previewed Bento Advanced Step Chal 2 and will look at Jari Love ripped to the Core later. I cannot wait to start them. GF ordered Cathe Imax2 and CW and I’ll be checking that out also. I have some of it on my Terminator DVD.

Some of you inquired if I was on my 3rd Round of the X. No. Occasionally I will pull out a disk to mix it up. Nothing official now, I’m having fun mixing it up right now.
:7 :7 :7

Some time for personals.

Jeanette====I had to LOL on the “Mr. Johnson had a BM today”. Spinning with the garage boys would be fun. Does it boost your ego to workout with a room of men? I forget what it’s like mingle with boys at work and play since I’ve become a SAHM. Why yesterday in the office a new employee, young (37 YO) man came in to fill out W-2, etc. and I found it refreshing to interact with him. Men are fun when they don’t expect dinner on the table, sex, their laundry done, etc. Don’t get me wrong I love DH…. I’m just bored looking at the same ol’ guy. Ha! Go for the 40miler baby! You got it. Have you ever visited the Sea Otter Classic in CA? I read the brochure and it’s looks like a blast!

Nicole+++++ Have you found any relief yet? I’m sending ((((Hugs))) your way today. The BDay plans are sketchy. DH and DD asked me to dinner. Of course it would be very exciting if a decent restaurant was within ½ hour drive. I’m not into the big chain restaurants and greasy diner food available nearby. It’s no fun when I have to be the one to think of a nice place to go either. Mom is baking a cake with raspberries in it. She asked what time on Sun was good, I’m looking forward to that. Sat. GF and I are meeting up at the Y in the AM for a workout. DH bought me something as a surprise. Can’t wait to see what that’s all about. Dear, I think some good ol’ fashioned rest for a few weeks is due you. Possibly some gentle stretching and very low impact cardio is in your future. It doesn’t sound fun but it could be the Rx to healing what ails ya! Take care!

Lea000000What’s up with the avatar? Going to a camp out? Oh, it’s nice to know the murmur isn’t anything too bad.

LaurieXXXX Too lazy to go upstairs for Eion? I’ve never heard a lady say that before. You are the first not to go to great lengths for him. I have none of his wo’s. I have been to his www to check-it out. I can’t get a real feel for his charm from just the clips though. I have L&L due to your suggestion and enjoy it. Woo hoo on the budget compliment. Do you work that magic at home as well? I am somewhat the keeper of the books at home and it’s torture. I said to DH we need to save for this and that. Can you help me out? He says yes and then I never heard another word. Humpf!

Christiane****** You were in Pittsburgh? For the Nutcracker? I am just 30 mi north of the city. I live in the woods and love it, but miss living where all the action is. LOL on your DH groaning during the core work. I grunt and groan especially when I’m tired and pushing weight. Whatever works! You have quite the life. Isn’t the X great? I’ve completed it twice and taken both power and knowledge from it. Take care of your twitchy neck, sounds like you know when to stop. It took me a long time to figure that out. Have an enjoyable trip.

Wendy:::::::::::I do not recommend hitting a GH and propelling yourself off a bike to fix a bum shoulder, but it did work, you are right. Unfortunately the scar on my knee is one ugly sight. Thank you for the card. My jaw dropped with the Ronald in prayer. The world traveler I am not! Have you updated your blog? I haven’t been around enough to notice. The DD is so adorable! Did she miss her dad while gone?

Traci^^^^^^^^^The holiday stuff is in boxes huh? Can you use $ or food to bribe DS to get them to attic? Sometimes that will work. The tree, etc. is still up. DD asked to leave it up for 2 more weeks. It does look nice there and really isn’t bothering me. I know I won’t be getting to it this weekend. Hanging moves in the X+? What are these ? I recall seeing far too many exercises in the X+ that scared me away. I like doable stuff. Calling DH to come back with that truck. Yoo hoo!

Hey, all I’m going to go out for a quick run. Thanks for the idea TraciX.

I hope to be back. If not waving hello to all!!! Enjoy.

:+

My Dreadlocks are in the first stages, but by spring should be longer and stronger. Anywhoo you guys have a wonderful and a safe weekend talk too you on Monday :)

297922589.jpg

297924497.jpg

TG...Your hair looks so cute!!! It will definitely be awesome by summer!!! Thanks for the pics!

I really have to go exercise now since I haven't and it is after 5pm!!

For those of you who asked CB and I decided to go to the beach...which is about a 3 1/2 hour drive from here. We thought of going to the mountains, but it is MLK weekend and the slopes will be crowded. Also the weather has been so mild here, we should actually be able to get out and hang out on the beach some. We're just going to drive down late next Friday and find some little hotel to stay in...nothing fancy or expensive...I will be looking forward to eating some good seafood too.

If I don't get back for more personals today, I apologize in advance...and I know this is too much info...but during ttom I spend a lot of my time in the bathroom. I know you guys needed to know all about my bowel habits, but today has been especially bad. Nice, hunh?? I'll catch the rest of you tomorrow!

ta-ta for now!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

So like I posted earlier the Sears guy was coming to fix the central vaccuum. Well it turned out to be one of dd7's good friend's dad. They have been in daycare and the same school class since they were 3 so they know each other very well. I have to tell you his story he and his wife had the one little girl (dd's friend) who was 3 at the time, the wife gave birth to twin girls. When the twins were 2 weeks old she had a brain aneurysm and died at home. It was so heartbreaking. This dad was left to raise the 3 girls with the twins only 2 weeks old by himself. DD's friend had and still has so much trouble with her mom dying when they were in Kindergarten I used to volunteer once a week and she was always saying things like "will you be my mom". She's better now but still very attention seeking for all adult females. Anyways everytime I see this guy I just feel so sorry for them. He does great with the three girls, I often seem him picking them up from daycare and he is so patient with them. He seems to have great family support. ANyways, I made a playdate for his dd to come over and play this weekend. Oh yeah, he also fixed my vaccuum.

Anyways, got YogaX in just before he came. I enjoyed it more the second time around.

Wendy, Glad that the lawyer's appt went well. Sounds like you're fairly serious about the adoption, you're moving fast on it. You're husband sounds like a sweetie!

DS started this newspaper delivery in Sept. I told him I would help him fot a bit and then he was on his own and I'm still doing it. He delivers twice a week. If I help him it takes us about 75 minutes. If he does it alone he's out there for hours. He's just so slow and always dropping the papers. I worry too much about him out in the dark, alone for hours. Just not old enough yet to handle it alone. I think he should just quit. I always tease him that the company forgot my paycheque again. He does offer to pay me but I just can't take the money from him. LOL

Jeanette- Who are the garage boys?

Deb I'm glad that you're enjoying the class. Is this part of the physio assistant program? Are you going out of town for your birthday?

Lea- I'm definitely ordering STS! I'm very excited! I could see how you could get tired of ARX, I'm only on week 2! LOL

Sandra- Isn't the cardio fun on 4ds! Have fun with your workout. I just recently saw High School Musical and was surprised how much I enjoyed it! Very cute movie. Are you a curler?

Traci-X I'm with you on all the questions about the new series. People get so uptight. It's alwys like that with every filming.;-)

Nicole- On no! The knee doesn't sound good. Did it just start today? I feel the same way about feeling like a hypochondriac it seems like something is always achy or tight. I agree that just comes with being physical active.

Laurie- WTG on the praise from your bosses! Sounds like your dd is proud of her muscular mom! That's great that she is bragging about you and that she wants to workout like you. What a great role model you are.

Christiane- WTG on the running! Running always feels like such an accomplishment.

Amy Have a good run! The cake with raspberries sounds yummy. I love raspberries.

Hi Ladies!

Jumping in to say a quick "Hi!" to all. I'm not MIA, just very busy. Yesterday and today have been non-stop, and so will tomorrow. I'm keeping up with workouts, though, and my Iron Woody bands arrived today, too :D :D :D Tony and I have a date to try them out after dinner tonight. I hope you all have a great weekend and I look forward to catching up with you soon :)

Carol

Good evening,
Nice day at work today, also got the approval on my straight 8 workday. Wahoo! More time for after work activities. I'll start that schedule on Monday.

While DH showered, I did Tracey Staehle's abs from The Parts DVD, then did the abwork in Butts and Guts. Planning on a spin session at noon tomorrow with the Garage Boys, so think I will learn some Christi in the morning. I can take my time with that one and not worry about getting a heart pumping workut in as that will come later with the spin session.

Traci, thanks for reminding me about 4DS Legwork. I'll have to do that one next week and intersperse with my lat pulldowns. Tillie is a funny little dog. One week she will act like she is DH's dog and then the next week she's all mine. She's always been stingy with her toys and has them all piled around her on her little "nest" on the couch. The first time we put a dog blanket on her she bucked like a bronco. I'm looking forward to Sunday's ride. My goal is 40 miles which really isn't too bad if you pace yourself. We're expecting pretty nice winter weather on that day. Tomorrow is our GS's birthday party so it will be spin session for an hour at noon, get home, shower and go to birthday party at 2ish. Thanks for the good vibes on my work schedule. No questions were asked of me, they just circled the approval block I had typed and returned it to me. Other departments out here at the prison would make you jump thru all kinds of hoops just to eliminate a lunch hour. I take it you are sticking around this weekend and not going to Bay?

Wendy, got your card today! Thanks so much. Loved your DD and Ronald. Way to seize the photo op! That Phil is a special one. He's gold.

Lea, nice to see you today! Hope you can get a nap in and feel a little more rejuvenated. I'm not sure about the STS system right now.

Nicole, so, so sorry to hear about your knee. Please take care of it, maybe ice? I used to have a bad knee from my old junior college track team days. I threw the javelin because I was a slow poke and couldn't run to save my life. I was learning the javelin cross step or whatever it is you do before you throw and popped a ligament or something really good. That injury led to quite a few years of healing time. It no longer bothers me, but once in a while I hyper extend it and it talks to me. Can you remember anything you might have done to it? GM is doing very well I think. She looked very perky yesterday. I need to make that dental appointment for her soon. She just had a bunch of money put into her top teeth. All crowns for her, none of those "choppers". She prides herself on having her own teeth, though you only have a small part of your tooth when they crown it. LOL, if that makes her feel better to say she still has her own teeth. Anyway, she needs her bottom teeth worked on now. I was looking at small dog breeds just before logging on here. I don't think they want anything you have to go get groomed regularly. I remember a friend with a cockapoo that was so cute. Wonder if they have to be taken in for grooming. I totally understand why your DH would not be motivated to ride the trainer. If it wasn't for the Garage Boys, I wouldn't either. Wow, your DH wears a small waist size. A guy I know at work once said, "I usually wear a 32, but a 34 felt so good that I bought a 36". He would have loved to have worn a 36 LOL! So sorry about your knee, what a bummer. Hope you can get into the PT soon.

Debra, glad you enjoyed your class today. Know you will do well as you are a great communicator to all of us! Your birthday trip sounds really nice. Hope you can get up to a lodge sometime and try skiing. That kind of weekend sounds so very romantic to me. I hate having bad veins to get blood from. Now the veins in my feet and hands can be huge at times. I plan on getting some blood tests later on this year when I turn 50, so have to endure the vein sticking again, yuk! Gosh, sounds like a quiet weekend for you. That might be nice too.

Sandra, Circuit Max is one that I don't have so not acquainted with it. Do I need it? I haven't used the Bowflex for anything but my lat pulldowns lately. One of these days, I may ditch using the DVD's and do my own thing with the Bowflex...but don't count on it any time soon. I'm not sure if it has a squat rack, but it does have a bar that goes across your back and you stand up and feel the resistence in your legs. Same thing as a squat rack?

Laurie, DH and I like to watch NASCAR too, though he is always rooting for the car, not the driver. He's a Dodge and Ford fan and hates the Chevys for some reason. That would warm my heart to see my kids on my fitness equipment. Our DS and his girlfriend just joined Gold's Gym over in Reno. Hoping they start using it regularly. Way to go on the compliment from the higher ups! Always feels good. I got a nice compliment from our Warden the other day on one of her little pet projects that I facilitate. It's an anger management workshop for the inmates called Alternatives To Violence. Felt nice to hear. Good job on the worksheet you use. What program do you use for it? I like Tracey's Glute Camp, but my very favorite is still Butts & Guts. That one is a masterpiece for sure. How about an arm wrestling match with your DD's friend. Bet he'd find out how whimpy home workouts are!

Christiane, sounds like you had a wonderful day with the scrapbooking and the yoga time. My DD does scrapbooking. She made her brother a scrapbook for Christmas of his lineman training school. Lots of wonderful pictures in it. DS loved it. Great job on the job. That's probably the better way to run if you are fairly new to it, rather than big intervals. Of course, I'm not a runner so I may be all wrong. The important thing is that you enjoyed it and felt satisfied. The Bowflex lat pulldowns work me good and I can feel my core engage during those too. I've never tried any pullups due to not having a bar. I could probably pump out 20 or 30 unassisted LOL. No problem. Right.

Traci, 55 degree weather sounds great for a bike ride. Would be downright warm after the 30 degree weather I've been riding in. Always feels so good when we get the first day of the year where we can pull off the tights. Of course the glare from the white legs is blinding. Yep, DH is trained very well when it comes to cooking. I had his chicken soup for lunch today and for dinner. We still have lots more left. He usually makes enough for 40 people it seems. Guess if your wife doesn't cook, you'd better make enough to last. Hope those decorations get put away soon. Funny how no one will even notice stuff like that if it involves them having to do something.

Swifty, great to see you on here! You are working out hard as usual. Hope the studying is going better. Is Amy's Advanced Step Challenge good? I sure like her hi-lo in the Dome Challenge. My first time with her and I'm impressed. Got to admit, I do like all the guys around me in the garage LOL! Actually, they are all pretty serious racer types and there's not a whole lot of chit chat that goes on, except inbetween intervals. We just have very few ladies that are riding nowadays. Boohoo, I miss riding with them. I've always worked around lots of men and got along well for the most part. I've never gone to the Sea Otter, but these Garage Boys all go there for the mtn. bike races and road races. Think it is in Feb. or March. It's quite the event I hear. It's a 7 hour drive from here I think. With our winters, it's hard to be ready for early spring events.

Latrese, your hair is looking good! Bet it will be really cute on you. Are you and your sister still looking into opening the home for the girls?

Kim, the Garage Boys are just a name for the bike trainer sessions these bike racer guys do a couple times or more a week. They ride from 1-2 hours during those sessions. My limit is 60 minutes, hmmmm, just like my workouts at home. They usually do different Spinerval DVD's and you sweat up a storm. Glad you liked YogaX the 2nd time. I think I only ever tried it 2 times during my last round of the X. It just seemed too long for me.

Carol, waving to you too! Enjoy your time with Tony tonite. What are the woody bands?

Must go now, see you all in the morning. Looking forward to a leisurely time to learn a new step or hi-lo routine without having to watch the clock. Ahhhh, what luxury.

Jeanette

Just got home from a b-day dinner for a friend, and saw the presale has started. I've ordered. Now, the tedious waiting begins. I wish she'd just tell us about her workouts when they're ready to ship!

It's 11:10pm MST, which means Traci should be about ready to get up and get us going on a Sunny Saturday! Good morning, Traci!

'Night all!
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.