x

We didn't get hit as hard as was expected, only about 5 inches of snow but a lot of sleet that made a crusty icy surface. Right now it is 44 degrees out and there and stuff is melting so I'll probably venture out for the first time since Thursday and go for a 30 minute walk and get the mail...also, there is a huge snow/ice berm behind my car from the snowplow that I'll have to dig through in order to get to work tomorrow!

We got just under 3' of snow dumped on us. :eek: Our landscaping crew shoveled our walks and plowed our driveway, but I'm not going anywhere just yet. All schools in the region are closed tomorrow. Secondary roads are expected to be clear by Tuesday, so I guess I'm stuck inside until then. I have lots of food and plenty exercise DVDs to keep me going. :) Only two months until spring! ;)

We didn't get hit as hard as was expected, only about 5 inches of snow but a lot of sleet that made a crusty icy surface. Right now it is 44 degrees out and there and stuff is melting so I'll probably venture out for the first time since Thursday and go for a 30 minute walk and get the mail...also, there is a huge snow/ice berm behind my car from the snowplow that I'll have to dig through in order to get to work tomorrow!

Nancy: a 30 min walk to get the mail! Where do you live?!!? Did your husband stick that mailbox away from the house deliberately while training for the AT thru-hike?!!

Clare

Anyone know if Cathe's facility in Glassboro NJ is okay? No idea where Glassboro is, just hope it wasn't on the side where the flooding occurred. NJ got a lot of snow in places.

Carol...3 feet!!! Good grief! I live in the northeast and I'm used to getting snowed in but 3 feet?!?! Stay safe and warm...do some snow max w/ a shovel!
Yeah, how about it? Three feet in a single day!! :mad: We may get more this coming weekend too. No shoveling for me.... my back can't handle it. I just saw a news report that an 18(!) year old pregnant girl and her unborn child died from shoveling! :( Apparently, she had a heart condition. I'm so over dealing with these extreme winters. It's just not my cup of tea. DH and I are planning to scope out snow birding possibilities this fall. I might lose my mind if I have to spend another winter here. :rolleyes:

Anyone know if Cathe's facility in Glassboro NJ is okay? No idea where Glassboro is, just hope it wasn't on the side where the flooding occurred. NJ got a lot of snow in places.
Yes, they're okay. Four Seasons is open for business today. They're further inland from the shore points that experienced all the flooding. My girlfriend lives in Cape May. She sent me photos of the flooding that occurred INSIDE her office. It's just unbelievable!! :(

Yeah, how about it? Three feet in a single day!! :mad: We may get more this coming weekend too. No shoveling for me.... my back can't handle it. I just saw a news report that an 18(!) year old pregnant girl and her unborn child died from shoveling! :( Apparently, she had a heart condition. I'm so over dealing with these extreme winters. It's just not my cup of tea. DH and I are planning to scope out snow birding possibilities this fall. I might lose my mind if I have to spend another winter here. :rolleyes:
My husband and I are planning on doing the snow birding thing when we retire in 4 years. I can't wait to explore all the endless possibilities on Snowbirds.com. Have you checked out that site? We live in southern IL and don't get it as bad as you all, but we do have winters. I love winter while like you, he's sick of it. Stay safe and be careful getting around. Black ice can be on sidewalks as well as roads.

Carol, what part of the country do you live in?
I'm in the Philly suburban area. I've lived here all my life, so I obviously have roots here. I like it here..... just not in the winter.

My husband and I are planning on doing the snow birding thing when we retire in 4 years. I can't wait to explore all the endless possibilities on Snowbirds.com. Have you checked out that site? We live in southern IL and don't get it as bad as you all, but we do have winters. I love winter while like you, he's sick of it. Stay safe and be careful getting around. Black ice can be on sidewalks as well as roads.

The ice is the scariest thing!!! Especially the black ice. IMHO, senior citizens just don't belong in this type of climate. I've never heard of snowbirds.com. I'll have to check it out. Are you familiar with city-data.com? There are almost 2 million(!) members on that forum. You can learn a lot there. I kind of have my heart set on finding something in Sarasota or Naples, FL, but I'm leaning more toward Sarasota. I have a friend who is currently having a home built there and I just messaged here for more info. Good luck to you, and thanks for the recommendation!

I LOVE living in Sarasota. Went to the beach today, high of 81 degrees:cool:

I moved here from NJ about 18 years ago. I pull out the sweaters when the temps dip into the 60's - I am such a light-weight now!

Happy to provide any information that I can.

Keep warm!
Debbie Russo

I LOVE living in Sarasota. Went to the beach today, high of 81 degrees:cool:

I moved here from NJ about 18 years ago. I pull out the sweaters when the temps dip into the 60's - I am such a light-weight now!

Happy to provide any information that I can.

Keep warm!
Debbie Russo
BINGO, Debbie! Sarasota is exactly where I want to look for a home! Glad you had a nice day! Thanks for posting. :)

Stir Crazy here, checking in. Haven't gone anywhere for days, cancelled appts. Seriously, if you get stuck in traffic, there's no where to go.

Trying to braid my un-braidable hair, I need a guide to "up-do". fitdeb I hate you, unless you have a spare room, we could be besties!

DH did his super snowblower man thing, I shoveled porches, easily 3 feet of snow moved in three days. Done.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.