Wow I have been away since 2008!?!

AlisonK

Cathlete
I just wanted to jump back in and say hello...again. I was shocked when I looked at my profile and saw my last visit was Aug. of 2008! I could go into the ups and downs and struggles that life brings but I am sure so many of you understand that. What I do know is that I have not taken care of myself during some difficult years and am now out of shape and overweight.

I am starting with some basic walking and Leslie Sansone tapes but today I went back to my dusty Cathe collection and found I have lots of great beginner choices. In fact I can't believe how many Cathe DVDs I have! Here is the worst part... I have STS that I preordered and is sitting on the shelf completely unwrapped! My goal is to be able to complete STS sometime this year.

On the bright side I can't believe how much has changed on Cathe's site! There are lots of things I know nothing about which is strange but exciting. I was looking through some posts and saw some old familiar names which is nice too. I hope to be able to rejoin and get to know you all again.

Alison

HA! I was in the same boat when I got back into exercising this past July. I had pretty much stopped lifting in 2008, but was still going to Tae Kwon Do classes until September of 2009. Then after that... nothing. I gained about 13 pounds because I wasn't exercising, and I'm involved with a guy who teaches TKD for a living, so he eats a lot. You know how that goes. When I got the wake-up call that I was getting chubby I decided to do STS... it had also sat unwrapped since I ordered it when it first came out. You will LOVE how it gives you fast results.

Welcome back!!!!!

I can relate - I jusst realized that I've been away for a year! The really sad part is that I went to workout manager and realized that I gained 20 pounds since last January! Somehow all my good intentions disappeared last year, but I'm back, and planning to get serious about getting back into shape and losing the weight for good! Now I need to lose over 50 pounds!

Welcome back, Alison! I too, had taken some time off as well here and with my w/o's. I've just recently got back in the swing of things! Hang in there, it'll all come back to ya, and the site is great! I love it here!

Welcome back, Alison!! I think I got all Cathlete-ed about the time you took a break!

I don't know you but I'm glad you are back with your committment! It starts with one step or one Step!! LOL!!

You go, girl!!

Pam

Thank you!

Thank you all for the warm welcome back and words of encouragement. Now I remember why I loved this forum so much. The most wonderful people around!

@ murfmom - We sound like we are in the same place maybe we can share what we are doing to get started again.

I was able to squeeze in 3 days so far and hopefully two more over the weekend so at least I am moving again.

Alison

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.