Would you be interested in a Cathe Book Club?

Would you be interested in a Cathe Book Club?

• Total voters

TarHeelMom

Cathlete
It's fascinating that so many Forumites responded to Jes' post about great book recommendations. I'm wondering how much interest there would be in a Cathe Book Club.

We could take the summer to figure out how to run it online (maybe use Oprah's online guides or something like that as a starting point), and how to pick the book and all that jazz. Then we could start it up in September. And have a monthly thread on the OD Forum, maybe, with discussion questions and answers.

With a fit body should come a fit mind, don'tcha think? :)

Kathy S.

Sounds great...

When I ready Jes' post I was thinking that I really need to read more than just the Cathe boards. I use to read a lot.

Tammy

Absolutely! Now that all of the good shows have finished their seasons, there's nothing to watch and I need some good reads! Pleas, though, no romance. The closest to a romance novel I can stomach is The Outlander series...and even that makes me want to throw water on the main characters occassionally.

I agree Donna. I never got into romance. Nicholas Sparks, etc. those kinds of books never really thrilled my soul. :)

Lori

I'd be interested, too, I just can't guarantee I'd always be able to join in. The best laid plans and all...

Kerrie

Me too - count me in! I thought Jes' post was great and noticed many of us like similar books, so this is an excellent idea!

I'm in! Not sure I'll finish my books on time because September gets very busy for us. I have more classes and of course, our reality shows we are hooked on. I'll try though. Maybe we should pick a book for summer since I would think more people would have time to read then??? We could wait til Septmember to review it? Just an idea but I am game either way.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hmmm Sabrina! Maybe we should let KathyS decide. Yoo-Hooo Kath! Also, I meant to add that I LOVE love stories like the Notebook. Hope I'm not the only one. That one made me cry sooo hard. (I'm a softie though.)
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.