World Run Day - November 9, 2008

lioness

Cathlete
My sister and I are going to participate in this event even though I'm doing a 15K the day before. You choose the distance, the route and the charity.

www.runday.com

The Event

Dedicate a run to someone special and we'll proudly mail you the official World Run Day 2008 event t-shirt! Once registered, you'll automatically be listed on our event site as a participant and "Running Ambassador" for quite possibly the greatest event in running history: World Run Day - Sunday, November 9, 2008. Runners from all over the world will be called upon to promote the benefits of running and at the same time donate any amount to a favorite charity.

You will be Provided

World Run Day - 2008 event t-shirt
Bib Number (downloaded)
Your Name, City, State listed on our event site
Link to the World Run Day Online Running Expo
Instructions for posting pictures and results

Last edited:
Jane, I signed up for this event last weekend. I think that it's a really cool idea, plus it's kind of nice that you can just do it at the time you want and where you want.

Karin,

I registered this weekend for a 3 miler with a donation going to a Women's Shelter in my town. I know I'm going to be sore from the day before but my sister and I are going to go out and do it anyway.

Last edited:
I'm glad you posted this, Jane. I signed up to run for the National MS Society, since a friend of mine was recently diagnosed with MS. It's a great way to put my running addiction to good use! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.