Workouts with squat-thrust cardio drills?

Aquajock

Cathlete
Greetings, sportsfans:

I've become quite the cardio squat-thrust drill addict recently, and I was wondering if you have any recommendations for any non-Cathe ('cause I have 'em all), non-INSANITY ('cause I have 'em all) cardio workouts that incorporate squat-thrust or other plank-style cardio drills.

I'm posting this question on the VideoFitness forum as well.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

A-Jock

Annette, have you ever looked at bodyrock.tv? Zuzana does a lot of body weight intervals that include all sorts of planky squat thrusty stuff. She doesn't have follow along videos -- her videos are for demonstration only -- but her workouts usually incorporate only 3 or 4 moves done in intervals. I would say that most of her workouts are advanced. Here's one I've been doing while watching the Olympics http://www.bodyrock.tv/2009/11/06/fridays-intense-challenge-november-6th-2009/

HTH :cool:

Annette, have you ever looked at bodyrock.tv? Zuzana does a lot of body weight intervals that include all sorts of planky squat thrusty stuff. She doesn't have follow along videos -- her videos are for demonstration only -- but her workouts usually incorporate only 3 or 4 moves done in intervals. I would say that most of her workouts are advanced. Here's one I've been doing while watching the Olympics http://www.bodyrock.tv/2009/11/06/fridays-intense-challenge-november-6th-2009/

HTH :cool:

I also do Zuzana's workouts and didn't look at the link Michele attached but you would probably love her Prison Cell Workout! I do this about 1 time a week or less! Try to beat your own time, each time! Good luck, you crazy plank addict! ;)

Have you tried them one legged? I saw that, and it looked a little mean.. but I was thinking of giving it a go.
Have you tried them when you roll back first? Like in CCC, roll back, into a push up, only you jump up straight after the push up, rather than just going back into the roll. OUCHY is all I can say :)

Sorry, i don't know of any workouts, but I too like Bodyrock tv :)

Here's a link for some do it yourself burpee workouts. Scroll down the article for variation ideas and click the Ultimate Burpee links too. The one where you hold a medicine ball while doing them sounded right up your alley! :eek:

(Note: I thought the variation where you wear a weighted vest while doing them was a one way ticket to spinal surgery.:confused:)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rossboxing2.htm

Even worse Beavs, when my DD was younger, she called "boobies" "burpees." I had quite a laugh when I first heard a workout instructor calling squat thrusts burpees!

Carrie

Check out the affiliate pages on www.crossfit.com. They post lots of great workouts. I usually switch around exercises if I don't have the equipment that they are using. Lots of great ideas!!!

Here are a couple of my favorites:

100 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls - (I use a 30# kettlebell)
25 Burpees or Squat Thrusts
75 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
50 Burpees or Squat Thrusts
50 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
75 Burpees or Squat Thrusts

Kettlebell Functional Training

2 Squat Thrusts
10 kb presses with each arm
4 Squat Thrusts
10 kb snatches with each arm
6 Squat Thrusts
10 kb cleans with each arm
8 Squat Thrusts
15 kb curls
10 Squat Thrusts
10 kb high pulls with each arm
12 Squat Thrusts
20 decline push ups
14 Squat Thrusts
20 kb squats
16 Squat Thrusts
10 kb presses each arm
18 Squat Thrusts
20 Swings
20 Squat Thrusts
15 Upright Rows

Hi Annette,

Jillian Michael's Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism also has a lot of Insanity-style drills on it. While it's not as hard as Insanity, it's still a pretty tough workout. :)

I also do Zuzana's workouts and didn't look at the link Michele attached but you would probably love her Prison Cell Workout! I do this about 1 time a week or less! Try to beat your own time, each time! Good luck, you crazy plank addict! ;)

Clarissa,
I just tried the PCW today for the first time and those Burpees just about killed me. :eek: I loved getting a good workout in in a short amount of time, and boy, was I feeling it at the end. They have to get easier, right???

wow

Greetings, sportsfans:

I've become quite the cardio squat-thrust drill addict recently, and I was wondering if you have any recommendations for any non-Cathe ('cause I have 'em all), non-INSANITY ('cause I have 'em all) cardio workouts that incorporate squat-thrust or other plank-style cardio drills.

I'm posting this question on the VideoFitness forum as well.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

A-Jock

Wow, that's great - I wish I could do them as easily. That is the hardest exercise for me....I struggle with it - :eek:..I'm working on it though. Congrat's. autumn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.