Workout Warriors Unite April 19 to 23

lightening16

Cathlete
Hey Everyone

I hope that you had a great weekend! We had a really good time at Great Wolf Lodge. The kids loved it and it was non-stop action the whole time. It was a 4 hour drive but it was worth it. I would say that it was still a big calorie burner with all the climbing and running around we did!

This morning it was hard to get up but I did do my 6km run and it felt really good. I kept my pace up so I am happy. I think this afternoon I will do a bodyweight workout to spice things up and take a break.

I am not sure what everyone is up to this week! Let me know. My plan is much the same as last week, with running, Kettlebells and bodyweight stuff.

Janis - How is your shoulder doing? How is Tony? I have been playing around with the Budokon workouts and I don't think that I recommend them. It is going to take me a long time to get the moves down and be able to follow along. But once you get the moves it is a good workout.

Cathy - I would recommend GWL as a fun get away especially if you can go during the week. It is much cheaper then too. The boys had a blast and really loved it. I would not recommend eating there as the food was not that good and really expensive. It worked very well for us to go up to the room and eat our own food. Both DH and I felt that one night was really quite enough as you can use the park the day you arrive and the day that you leave.

Tara - Thanks again for all the info! What is your workout plan this week?

MJ - How are things???
Talk to you all soon
Heather

I'm still in recovery mode from my weekend of baseball. I really, really, really hope we don't have to deal with that level of cold again this season. At least Sunday, the winds had died down. When we pulled out of the parking lot, the nearby temp thing said it was low 50's, but I was still wearing my winter coat, and multiple layers, so I don't know that I believe it. Winds were from the north and even calmer were still nasty. Anyway, they ended up getting second place out of the four teams and considering they'd only practiced together twice as a team they did really well.

Since I've been struggling with my workouts and feeling a need for more structure, I've decided to redo my 1RM's this week and start STS again next week. A week sooner than I'd planned. Today I did chest and some of the leg ones. Way more leg exercises than there are for any upper body part. I switched back and forth between the two areas, so that I didn't need as long of rest periods. I did up my 1RM's for most things, too.

Heather thanks for the info on GWL. My boys aren't great swimmers, would there be enough stuff there for them? Stuff that's not too little kiddish? Good luck with your afternoon workout! I'm going to fit in cardio when I can this week.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Nicholas' coach changed their practice schedule and Derek's added another day, so I'm literally at the field all 5 weekdays until their season starts and for some weekend stuff. We have baseball every day until May 8 and I'm just waiting for one of the coaches to decide they need to do something then, too!

Hi Warrior Women!

It sounds like you both, Heather and Cathy, had an eventful weekend.

Your description, Heather, of Great Wolf Lodge made it sound so fun and enticing. I love to play in water!

Cathy, I hope all that sitting didn't give you bleacher butt! A numb tushy is one of the prices we pay for having active, athletic boys.

My plan for this week is 2 full body kettlebell workouts, and two Meso 1 leg w/o's. It will be my first KB workout ever. I still need to carve out time to preview the moves and the dvd, plus get schooled in technique. Any recommendations Heather?

On Saturday I did both KPC/legs&glutes and Sunday I did Athletic Step. I did the second routine twice as I had a dvd problem and had to start over anyway. I was tired at the end!

Today, before I went grocery shopping I did a steady state 4 miles. It wasn't spectacular, but it did get the kinks out of my knee, which has been bothering me since last Wednesday. Running doesn't bother it at all, but sitting does.

How are you Tara and MJ?

:D

Hey Everyone

I finished another workout later this afternoon (after the lawn rolling guy left) similar to last weeks intervals from BRTV. It was about 38 minutes altogether this time as I added some more kettlebell intervals.

Cathy - GWL had very little actual swimming areas in Sandusky. I checked out the one in Michigan that you mentioned and they looked to be the same. There were 6 kids water slides and the deepest the water was there for two of them was 4 ft. The rest were shallow exits. The deepest the water anywere was 4 ft in the basket ball section and it was too deep for my youngest but we swam together in the other section. The rest of the stuff was really geared towards not swimming. Even the places where the water dumped after the water slides were very small and you had to get right out of the water afterwards. There were little kids water slides that boys rarely went on because the other stuff was so much fun. Logan was 45" and he could go on everything with no worries!
Just my two cents.

Have a good night!
Heather

Hello Warriors!

Tonight I walked for an hour on the trail by the beach. This week I will finally start again on the undulating rotation. Tried to last week, but the car buying stress on top of work made it too hard to concentrate fully like I wanted to do. Did manage to play some tennis last week and get a few random cardio workouts finished.

So, the car buying was exhausting and ridiculously dramatic for no reason due to some unethical attempts by the dealer to wiggle out of a deal that they shouldnt have committed to in the first place. Last week when I went to this dealer they had brought a car up for me from Miami since they didnt have one in the local area, we negotiated and came to a price, then the sales manager tried to take back part of the negotiated price because I didnt take the dealer financing. I had clearly told them up front that I didnt need their financing, but he put an incentive into the price that was based on financing but didnt disclose it to me and frankly, didnt listen to me when I said I didnt need their help anyway. So I had to lecture him on that and made him hold the price, then told him I wasnt sure I wanted my money to go this dealership based on the way I was treated, so I walked out.

So I shopped around at all the other local dealers, plus many around the state and georgia and alabama to see who would give me the best price on the car, needless to say, the first dealer was the best price, but I was prepared to take the next best offer just so I didnt have to go back to the first dealer, plus I knew if I tried to get them to hold that price after walking out, they wouldnt do it. So on Wednesday night I got a call from the first dealer saying that if I still wanted the car, they would honor the price we reached on Saturday.

So Thursday I prepared everything, had my check, trade-in ready and the bank draft from my credit union all set to go. I went first thing on Friday morning to close the deal and get the car. Everything went smoothly through inspection and paperwork and closing the deal with fully signed and finished documents in my hands, title transfered, new car registered in my name. Then about 15min later, while waiting for them to finish prepping the car, a manager I have never seen before introduced himself and asked me to come into his office. Here is the fun...he actually said to me, "I am sorry, but I am not going to be able to sell you the car" :eek: I looked at him square in the eye and said "I am sorry, but you already have sold me the car. Now go get my keys and my new car"...needless to say after 40min of my temper barely holding together, people in the showroom hearing exactly what was going on since I made sure they did, that manager and the other sales people on the phone with the owner of the dealership and me threatening legal action, I finally was given an apology, the keys and my new car! It was completely surreal. But strike one up for the Warriors! As a single woman, alone in the dealership, all five feet of me stood up to 5 salesmen including their managers and all their slimy sexist tactics and walked away with my new car at the lowest price in 3 states. lol

I ended up buying a Volkswagen Tiguan, black with charcoal leather interior, panoramic sunroof and 18" wheels.... http://www.vw.com/tiguan/en/us/ Anyway, thats my fun car story. The car is wonderful! After I stop having panic attacks over the fact that I actually bought it and now have car payments to make, I will like it even more. lol

Heather - Sounds like you had a great time at the lodge this weekend. I love those kinds of things. Great job on the workouts today.

Cathy - Hope you get some better baseball weather soon. I completely understand about needing some structure to stay on track with the workouts. How are the 1RM coming along? Are you finding yourself alot stronger?

Janis - I cant believe you are the same person that a few months ago claimed that you could never master step. I am so impressed. The big question is, do you actually like doing it yet?

Tara - I hope all is well.

Off to bed, talk to you all tomorrow.

:cool:

Wow while I was posting everyone else must have posted!!!

MJ - What a story... How did you hold it together. When I get angry I can't talk and thus can't express my feelings or point of view. I am very impressed and very proud of you!!! Glad to hear that you got some workouts in with all that nonsense! How ridiculous. Wow!

Janis - I think that if you go to Lauren's Webpage there are links to a bunch of video's of how to do the swing and other moves. They are a bit more indepth than what is on the disc (for swings anyways). Lisa Shaffer is the other one that has a really good instructional video. Art of Strength as well has alot of videos too. I found that actually doing them infront of a mirror as well will help you see what you are doing. I would not recommend any of the Jillian Michaels tutorials... not good. Really Lauren is the best to watch.

Talk to you all soon
Heather

MJ!

Great story! Congratulations! I do believe you are the Supreme-Queen Warrior!

I am so impressed.

I bought the Toureg and love it! I think you'll love love love the Tiguan.

(((hugs))) and ^^^^ high fives^^^^

p.s. I am enjoying Step, I still become confused on occasion, but it is slowly coming to me. I really benefit from the right brain/left brain work involved.

Good Morning Warriors

This morning was Vol 1 of Lauren's Ketlebells and I was sweating buckets. My youngest woke up this morning and decided to eat breakfast with me while I worked out. I was swinging away and he was trying to talk to me during it. I didn't realize just how hard I was working until I tried to talk. Then with my newly downloaded STS Cardio workouts I did the abs from MMA kickbox (I skipped the Lauren's abs as they are the same as the ones on Vol. 2 just shorter). So all in all it was a sweatfest!

MJ - I forgot to mention that we used to have a Beetle and my DH has always had VW's in his family. Great cars! I am sure that you will love it!

Janis - How did kettlebelling go this morning?

Cathy - How was your morning? I must have missed your last post about your weekend. That sounded brutally cold. It is the worst when you are just sitting in the cold! It is so hard to get warmed up after that!

Tara - I'll let you know how today goes... Thanks again for all the info. How is the running going is it still okay or has it clicked yet? Once I get past 12 minutes that it all feels great but before then I am not sure that I can do it!

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Heather

BIG HIGH FIVE MJ!!!!! That's the way to show them! Enjoy your new wheels. :D A walk on the beach sounds wonderful!

This morning I did my 1RM's for triceps and 4DS HIS Cardio. I entered both the chest and leg exercises that I did yesterday into the calculator and yes - lots of them are going up! And I am SORE! My legs were sore when I woke up and if anything they are worse now. Hit my quads big time and I didn't even do that much that normally affects them. I did nine leg exercises and while I'm not as sore as I have been at time, it's still pretty bad. I'm hoping it's better tomorrow because I still have 23 more leg exercises to do.

Heather thanks for the info on GWL. Derek is 47" so a little taller than yours. They took a couple years of swimming lessons, but neither was strong enough to swim much in the way of distance and because of sports we have trouble finding time to even get to the pool to practice! So, you downloaded all the Shock Cardios? Being on dial-up that just isn't happening for me. I can't work out when the boys are around, which is one of the reasons I try to be done before they wake up, though anymore they aren't that interested in being there. They will pop in with questions though and it's especially hard if I'm trying to do step!

Janis that is quite the workout day you had on Saturday! How is it going with the step? When I'm at games, I actually use my camping chair which is much more comfy than the bleachers - and some places have little or no bleachers anyway. At practices though we tend to sit in the bleachers and chat as we aren't watching as much and don't need a better view. So, while my butt survives games well, the rest of the time it's not so happy.

Tara how's it going?

Happy Tuesday Warriors!

Thanks for the high-fives! I am pretty proud myself of standing up to the nonsense. Who knew I had it in me? Guess you learn something new about yourself all the time. The car is great!

This morning I did the lowmax step combos only premix, then tonight I will be playing tennis if it doesnt rain.

Janis and Heather - I have never even tried swining a kettlebell, for some reason that I really cant explain, they just havent peaked my interest. I guess because I have so much already that I never get to do may be part of my resistance. It is interesting the hear your progress and see what kind of results you get.

Cathy - I remember when doing my 1RM I was very sore the whole time. I have been a wimp and just been upping all my weights from STS before by 5% instead of doing a new round of 1RM. Someday I will break down and do them again. Congrats to you for pushing through it.

Alright, back to work. Catch up later.

:cool:

Hi Warriors!

I did my first kettlebell workout today and LOVED it! Wow, what a great workout that is also fun. The intensity, the full body weight & cardio aspect, seemed to build overtime. By the end I was surprised how sweaty and somewhat winded I was. I loved how it all seemed to come naturally. I am definitely going to add KB to my regular rotations and even add on swings etc...to the beginning or end of other workouts.

Heather - I did Lauren's first dvd. I did the longer segment, then went back and did the 12 minute segment. I think buying a heavier KB will be my next purchase. I see many more KB's in my future.:D:D Thanks for the review about Budokon dvds. Those full body/MMA/yoga inspired moves appeal to me, realistically, though, it will be a while before I can support my own weight like that! (I hope the Mirena procedure goes well.:))

Cathy - I applaud your patience and tenacity - I don't think I will ever do the 1RM's again! You go girl! I used to bring chairs to the soccer field, no bleachers there. But with baseball - I sat on the bleachers in order to see the field better. Basketball - well that was the only option. I have to say, I am glad those days are pretty much over. It was fun while it lasted though. Learning step is going Ok. If I were doing it every day or even once a week, the learning curve would be faster, but I am only doing it a few times a month, I seem to need to mix things up regularly otherwise I either get injured or bored, or both! LOL!

MJ - Aka SQW - You have enough on your plate with work, your workouts, tennis and roller blading! Maybe some day the time will come when you'll feel like trying something really new or really different, but by golly - you sent yourself to tennis camp lady! That's enough of a personal challenge, but then you went toe-to-toe with ruthless car salesmen. You are on fire!

Tara - How are you honey? Did work swallow you up? Have you tried any podcasts or downloads to run with? When you are ready, Heather and I avidly endorse Cardio Coach, but before that - I understand there are some great couch to 5k downloads available. :):)

:D Tomorrow is running and then Core Cardio Circuit - or whatever it is called.

hugs and kisses

Last edited:
Hi Ladies!

It sounds like everyone has had an exciting good start to their week! Very motivating! :)

To catch you up on how I've been doing: On Sunday, I finally did a 4DS workout. I did the Double cardio premix (my favorite!) I also did the ab routine from HIS/Chest & Back workout.

Work started up an exercise this weekend & I ended up going into work Sunday afternoon for 4 hours. Then Monday AM, we all got recalled at 4AM & had to stay at work until 6PM. We were given a heads-up late last week, so at least it wasn't a total surprise. I have to work 12 hour shifts the rest of the week, but so far Mon & Tuesday have flown by. Hopefully the rest of the week will too!

This evening, I did 40/20. Well, it was 40/20 until the 1st one minute break, then it became more like 40/40; then after the second minute break it was like 40/80. The 3rd break ended up being 5 minutes long. But I got through it!!! I hadn't done 40/20 in a long time, so it was overdue.

I had planned to start STS this week, but I think I'll wait until after my fitness test in mid-May. I want to focus my time on practicing running. On the days I don't run, I'll probably just grab whatever workout I'm in the mood for. I plan to start STS after my fit test.
I happened to find out that one of the Dental techs in my building is a running coach, so I asked him if he would run with me once or twice & give me some pointers to increase my speed & endurance. Luckily, coaching folks on running is something he loves to do & considers it a hobby! (Lucky for my wallet!). So, tomorrow evening I have my first session with him. Hopefully, my running will improve some as a result!

Heather, I love the title to this week's thread! Knowing that you all were probably wondering about me help motivate me to workout this evening. When I saw the thread's title, I just smiled and thought that's really what we're doing! Uniting in regular exercise and reaching our goals! I was inspired! :) Hope your Mirena insertion goes well. The GWF lodge sounds like a blast. I'm trying to think of somewhere to take my daughter over Memorial day weekend that we'll both enjoy. Hopefully, I can find somewhere as fun!

MJ, Hurrah for you! I agree with Janis, you are the Supreme Warrior Queen!!! I think I'll take you with me next time I go car shopping! I looked at the the link to the car model you bought. It's sweet! You enjoy it! You certainly deserve to.

Janis, I had been planning to ask you & Heather about Cardio coach soon! Once I get past this fit test, I'll start bugging you two for more info. I've been working on the running schedule Heather sent me. Right now, the challenge is staying consistent with running 2-3 days a week, but I'm going to get there. Despite the supposed volcano ash over Europe, the weather here has been in the 60s as well as clear with lots of sunshine. Perfect running weather! :)

Cathy, Have you had a big gain in strength now that you're re-doing your 1RMs? I thought that I would do them again, but now that they have improved the workout manager, I just annotate there that I've increased my weight for a particular exercise & let the WM re-calculate the 1RM for that exercise based on the weight. But, I guess the nice thing about doing the all over again is that you can see what gains you've made for all the exericses in a short amt of time. :)
I noticed that since we finished STS, I felt my workout routine is off a bit. I think having a 3 month workout plan helps keep me on track better. But I am enjoying just pulling off the shelf whatever DVD I want to do!

I'll check back in tomorrow & let you know how much running session goes.

See you then,
Tara

Yesterday my quads were totally killing me all day long and my quads rarely get sore like that. I had been hoping I'd get in some more 1RM's for legs today, but it was looking rather iffy. Fortunately, they weren't nearly as bad this morning so I managed 6 more leg ones, plus all the back ones. Yes, Tara, my numbers are going up on pretty much everything! Scary actually. :D I had a few odd ones that for some reason had come out much too high and those got back down to where they should be. I really am glad that I'm redoing them. I'd redone some of my numbers as I did the workouts, but I knew there were some that I could go higher on, but stayed with the weight it told me to use, so this is going to take care of that!

Janis, while we have two sets of bleachers at our field that actually would hold a reasonable number of people, they are behind home plate and have a fence and netting in front of them, so the view isn't great. I prefer to sit along the first base line where there's just a fence. Definitely can't get away from the bleachers at basketball though. Step is definitely my preferred cardio, but I've been making myself add in more of the other stuff for variety.

MJ did you get to play tennis last night? Hope the rain stayed away. I truly think that, like in Camelot, all precipitation should fall after sundown and disappear before morning. ;)

Tara that's great that you have someone to help you with your running! I love that 4DS Double Cardio premix, too. One of my favorites. Ugh on your schedule, I hope that you are able to get all your workouts in around it and that your week flies by!

Good Afternoon Warriors!

This morning I had a headache when I woke up... not sure if I am getting sick or it is due to yesterdays fun and games. Anyways took some advil and went to do CC 5 on the treadmill. Since I tried to break it last week my DH took it apart to fix it so .... I decided to take CC outside. I have never tried it outside and the hills around my house were not timed right and were too short but I just ran faster to make up for it. It was awesome outside! I ran way faster than I usually do for my run and I ended up adding some loops to do the other challenges. All in all a great workout. I decided to add on some bodyweight stuff on the kids swing set! I had been watching a Lauren Brooks vid where she used a TRX and I decided to do the same kind of thing but using the hanging loops and the swings. So I did leaning tricep extensions, push-ups with my feet in the swing, walking lunges and pikes with my feet in the swing. I am sure anyone driving by thought I was nuts BUT it was so nice to do the workout outside and do something different. Cripes you would think that I had never done any tricep extensions by how hard they were!

BTW yesterdays procedure was very uneventful and wasn't that big a deal!

Cathy - This year we put the boys into soccer, baseball, spring gymnastics and karate... I think that I might have overdone it what do you think? The problem is that my youngest usually refuses to do anything so when he said that he wanted to try some of these things we could not say no! I see alot of my summer carrying around my camp chair and watching little boys getting active. Congrats on getting through the 1RM and going up! How is your ankle been feeling? Is is all better?

Janis - Kettlebells are very addictive!! The more I read about them the more intriguing they are. It is a totally different philosophy - you are never supposed to go to failure and you can work the same muscle group on consecutive days. Seems so weird. I have ordered the book Enter the Kettlebell to get more help with my form and workout ideas. Art of Strength is another site that has a tonne of information on it. My plan is to include Cathy circuits in my rotation once I figure out how I want to set this up. There is a guy doing a free kettlebell workshop next week in the nearest city... but I am a little leary as to what the catch is as nothing is free! How is your shoulder doing? Did you find the kettlebell bothered it at all?

Tara - That's great that you found a running coach!!! I can't believe the difference that it has made to my running just using CC so having a warm live body would even be better! Too bad about your crazy work week! Hopefully you can get things back to normal sooner. What the heck do you do with your daughter when you get surprises like that? I am sure that you must have a system but still that would be hard. I'm PMing you about the other details. BTW 40/ 40 is still a killer workout!

MJ - I checked out your new ride and it looks awesome! How is the tennis going? Janis is right you deserve a fancy license plate after that fiasco!

Talk to you all soon
Heather

Happy Wednesday Mighty Warrior Women!

My intention was to run this morning and then do Core Cardio Circuit. I am bloody sick of the treadmill at the moment. It was hailing and snowing this morning - will spring ever arrive? - so running outside wasn't an option. Honestly, I am at a loss of where to run. The vineyard route is very isolated and with the crews working the vines now, my dh asked me not to run there or in the forest...can you blame him? Anyway, I am scrambling to find alternative outdoor options. Living in a rural area can be a challenge, that's for sure. At this point I would have to drive at least 25 minutes to find a place to run!

Alright enough griping. This morning I did Drill Max and then I squeezed in - Athletic Step. Since it was still fresh in my mind from Sunday, and I was warmed up from DrillMax, I was able to put a lot more oompha into it. When I was done my youngest DS said, "you look like you just got out of the pool."

Heather - I am glad your little fun and games from yesterday went well, and yes, your headache is probably related. I am totally addicted to kettlebell too. Let me know what you think of ETK and Pavel. I ordered Steve Cotter's 5 dvd set - Encyclopedia Of Kettlebell Lifting Series 1. The free workshop is probably to attract personal training clients. It can't hurt to go...you could always leave. I am thinking about taking a lesson or two or three. I'll look at AOS again. Too bad there aren't high quality kettle bell dvd productions available similar to Cathe's level of professionalism.

Cathy - Your 1RM max journey is inspiring me.:) Sitting along the first base line is a better location than third base line! I always laugh when I see families line there chairs up and then do the duck and cover scramble to avoid beign hit by an errant foul ball. I like the HIGH fence between me and home plate!

Tara - Oh! (clapping my hands) - how fortunate to have found a running coach! Please do share what you learn! Your work schedule sounds brutal. What a challenge you face to be consistent yet flexible....in all areas of your life!

MJ - Were you able to play tennis? I have to keep covering and uncovering my plants. One day it is 64, then the next it is 32. April. Sheesh.;)

Time to hit the shower....

Last edited:
Just a quick note this morning... I just finished Vol2 kettlebells both workouts and the killer abs section.... it's killer!

Hope everyone is well!

I'll check in later!
Heather

This morning was bicep 1RM's. Going to get my breakfast and start plugging in new numbers. I still have shoulders and a lot of leg exercises to do yet. Took me 40 minutes to get through them with breaks and we'll see how they feel tomorrow. My tri's are still sore from Tuesday! Legs are better though, so I'm hoping I can alternate shoulders and legs tomorrow as I have an equal number of exercises from both to do.

This afternoon we're meeting DH at the shelter to look for a dog. Personally, I'm not all that keen given how insane my schedule is at the moment and would rather wait, but he's been waiting for awhile now. OTOH I know how picky he is, so chances are very good we won't find anything that suits him/or our situation today. After that we're going to the varsity baseball game and Derek has practice. Fields are about 2 mintues apart, so I'll run him to practice when it's time and then go back and watch some more. It's actually all kind of strange because 1) the boys don't go to school 2) we're actually in another school district 3) we've ended up doing all our sports there 4) it's where I grew up, so I know people and the town.

Janis I sure hope your weather gets better soon - major yuck on the hail and snow. :( I hope you find somewhere safe to run. Where we live, I'll ride my bike, but I wouldn't try to run or walk on our road. There's really not much of a shoulder in places and even on the nearby dirt roads traffic flies. We have an 8' fence on both sidelines at our field and a really high one surrounding the plate area, so we don't get too many balls dropping in. I was in the concession stand last night between the fields and they were dropping in from the other field where Nicholas' team was practicing. One advantage to being inside! Plus there's a good view of our field from there, as the window is up even with the fence line. How was CCC? I really like that one.

Oh wow Heather, good luck with all those sports! I can understand them wanting to figure out what works, but we've always limited the boys to one per season - though Nicholas' basketball overlapped with optional baseball practices (he doesn't consider them optional over course, so we made as many as we could.) Are they all teams that just play within their own organization or do they travel?

Tara I hope you are managing your long work days ok! Have you met with the running coach yet?

MJ How's it going? Enjoying your new car? :D

It's a sunshine-y Thursday!

Having the sun shine makes all the difference, doesn't it?!

I did my second round of KB today with Lauren Brook's first dvd, I followed that up with a sweat-fest of a workout by Ilaria Montagnani - it was a lower body conditioning workout, Bodystrikes. I really liked the workout and Ilaria. Between the two, Lauren and Ilaria, I had a great workout morning.

I am feeling less desperate about my running options. My oldest DS thought the nature journey dvds (forward motion, walking, cycling) were a dumb idea, he suggested I find a running partner. Good idea. I am sure there will be timing and schedule issues, but having a partner to run with a couple of times a month might just solve my going-crazy-in-the-garage issues.

Heather - I'm going to give dvd2 a try on Saturday. I can't wait. What fun! My Steve Cotter dvds arrived today, now I need to find some time to watch them. I have been meaning to tell you that my shoulder is much better. Using a mouse with my laptop and operating it with my left hand has helped a lot, so has the yoga shoulder exercises. My shoulder responded really well to KB-ing. Yay! There is something about KB-ing that feels very natural.

Cathy - LOL! about the safety of the concession stand. Your road sounds exactly like my roads, except we seem to have a huge preponderance of reckless, intoxicated, and exceeding the speed-limit drivers. It's risky driving the roads let alone running on them. Good luck at the dog-shelter. The dog is for your DH?

Tara and MJ, I hope you are both having a great Thursday. The weekend is almost here!

I'm baking bread today. :D

Last edited:
Done! Finished up my 1RM's today with shoulders and legs. Took me about 75 and that didn't include a stretch - just a warm-up. I'm trying to do some stretches now. We have friends coming today, but I'm hoping to go over my rotation and make any adjustments needed so I can get it loaded in and start Sunday.

Dog news - we have one! Didn't think we'd actually find one and didn't think they'd let us bring it home same day if we did - but he's here. He's about a year old and was turned in as a stray, but they think it might actually have been the owner. They have no background on him, but he's got some golden retriever in him and he has a german shepard type tail. Yesterday was the first day he could be adopted and he'd just been neutered, so he can't be off leash and play for awhile yet. I think we got really lucky with him. He's a very sweet dog, sociable and clearly loves being with people. He doesn't jump on people, and you can take things from him easily. I'm going to take him up to the field for practice tonight, and see how he does as we could take him to the games if he's ok with the situation. We put him in his crate last night and he whined for awhile, but then settled down and was fine all night. He doesn't bark much which is a plus. Janis he's a family dog. DH has been wanting to do it for awhile. I didn't think baseball season was the best time. :rolleyes: But given his personality, I think he'll be fine. Fortunately, we're usually not gone for more than a few hours and there are a fair number of places we go that he can go along, too. Ok, end of novel. ;)

Janis a runner partner sounds like a great idea! Good luck finding one soon. I always really struggled with thing like treadmills and stationary bikes because of the boredom factor. :(

We have friends coming over in about 1 1/2 hours so I need to get to cleaning! Something I haven't been home enough to do much of lately. Of course, I'd rather not be home cleaning, but it needs to be done sometime.

Hey Everyone

I just got my workout in!!! Today I had to go to work this morning at 3:50... which meant getting up at 3:30 and of course my youngest wet the bed last night in the middle of my alotted 5 hours of sleep. I got home at noonish and had a nap and just finished an interval bodyweight/kettlebell workout. There were 12 intervals each had 20 sec. jump rope, 20 swings and then a lower body move and an upper body or ab move. It was tough and took me about 50 minutes. It felt good though and I did the whole thing in barefeet! We'll see if I pay tomorrow!

Cathy - Congratulations on getting the dog! I love dogs but DH and now eldest DS are both very allergic and have asthma. So really it does not work. If the dog could be an outside dog it might work but we have to wait for DS's allergies to relax a little... if they ever do. As well, that's so great that you made it through your 1RM. It must have been a little easier this time around... I remember having no clue how much I could lift and being able to do 25 reps of something and then having to do it again at a heavier weight! Have fun with your friends!

Janis - So a running partner.... I'd be your running partner but I think that the airfare bills would kill me! It's too bad really! I have a friend not far from me that runs but she's not really into CC which is okay but she is also not cool with when I run. I found that there are lots of running clubs around... you just have to find them. I personally don't think that the scenery thing would be that bad, especially if you do it with CC in the background.
I have to check out Steve the Kettlebell man soon. I'll let you know what I think of Pavel when I get the book.

Tara - How are you out there????

MJ - I bet you can't get out of your car!!! and you are just driving around all evening! ;)

Time to hit the shower!!
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.