Workout that requires no or very limited equipment

dshepperd

Cathlete
This might be too limited in appeal, but I would love a workout that features no or very limited and light equipment, like the dynaband or other bands, that could be used for travel, or even just at home for those days when we don't feel like lugging out a bunch of equipment. Maybe a kickbox circuit tape using bands for the toning segments, with premixes so you could do just cardio or just toning or the whole thing. A great ab section and extended stretch would be great too, as long as I'm dreaming.

Just a thought! :)

I agree, that would be nice. I am just starting out with Cathe and one of the things that scares me about her workouts is how much equipment she uses! I have dumb bells and I am going to get a step, ofcourse...but she also uses tubing and a stability ball, etc...I really don't have the room to store all of this equipment and I'd rather spend the money on her dvd's then on the equipment for them, personally. :) I just got Basic Step and Body Fusion and I already had to alter moves in the leg toning section where she uses the tubing because I only have dumb bells.

Maybe once I am in a bigger house and as I get more advanced and purchase more of Cathe's workouts I will be motivated to purchase more equipment but for right now, the less I need the better off I am.

JMHO.

~Wendy~

There are some very effective moves that don't need any equipment (one-legged squats and deadlifts, for example) that would be nice to see in a workout like this.

I picture a "bootcamp-type" workout similar to BC, but using unweighted moves in the resistance intervals.

>I picture a "bootcamp-type" workout similar to BC, but using
>unweighted moves in the resistance intervals.

I too would like a minimal/no equipment needed workout - I think Kathryns idea is great! Traveling with Cathe- I would love that.

Wendy

Count me in!

Also, I would appreciate it if they stopped incorporating new equipment for the next videos. I am debating which videos to buy next and my options are limited because I don't have enough money to buy the DVD AND new equipment that I don't already have. I wouldn't like it if every time I was going to buy a video/DVD I had to buy a new piece of equipment. I understand that the more advanced the workout, the more resistance or new forms of resistance is required but I think we can stay with the same equipments for a while (well, a long while).

I like having the variety of using a lot of different equipment, but it would be nice to just see a few workouts with minimal equipment also. I have to pull out all of my equipment every time I workout and it can be a hassle sometimes. Especially when I have to put it away after I am finished the workout!! I think this type of workout would be very convenient. There are many types of effective exercises out there that uses minimal equipment. Just my opinion though;) .

Aila:)

See, that would be great because I have absolutely NO weight equipment in my house. I do all my weight work at the gym I workout at (Martin's Hardcore Barbell Company - if that gives you an idea of the testosterone levels I deal with). I don't mind doing weights with the guys, but every now and then maybe I'd enjoy doing some resistance/strength training at home without having to buy a bunch of equipment.

ang :)

One of the reasons I love KPC and am so intrigued by IMAX2 is the limited equipment.... sometimes I am just not motivated enough to drag all of my crap out of the closet.... :)

Marie

I agree. I think there would always be a market for something like this!

I would love to have something similar to some of the Beachbody workouts (Slim Series, Fast 10) but without needing to attach tubing to the door hinges. But, with much more creative choreography and music.

I would love if Cathe would consider this!

I really like the use of the dynabands and tubing that can be packed in a suitcase very easily. It would cost very little to purchase bands. And, that's very minimal equipment.

We could have standing leg work, lower body, upper body, warm-up, cool down, low intensity floor aerobics, or kickboxing.

I'm right behind you on this suggestion! It'd be great to just pop Cathe into my bag to wherever it may be that I'm travelling to without having to research the area for a local gym - let alone a decent one! Also, space can be an issue when staying somewhere so to have workout that utilises a minimal amount of space to workout in would also be ideal.

Two reasons why I would like to have a no/low equipment option:

Those of us who go to seasonal homes/boats every weekend during the summer months either have to purchase a second set of equipment or just opt to run on the weekends.

Besides, I've found that hotels on business trips don't always have the best gym equipment either. Half the machines are usually broken and the ones that do work are being hogged up by someone else. Most of us who travel on business these days have laptops with DVD players in them so we can workout in our room if we had the options to do so.

It would be great if Cathe could create a DVD that had: 1)weight workout with bands; 2) hi/lo cardio and; 3) core workout. That way we'd have all the options for trips away from home and all that we'd need for a complete workout is one DVD and a band (and a towel for all the sweat LOL).

This is a great idea. Like everyone has stated, sometimes you're just not up to lugging out all of the equipment. It would also be nice in that you could likely do it in small spaces, as well. Most apartment dwellers don't have the kind of room required for some of the other videos.

I posted the same topic a week or two weeks ago, and did not get any responses. I still think this is a great idea for those of us who would like to travel with Cathe.

I love the idea for travelers. But it does need to be hard working and sweaty to make it worth its while. Advanced workout with no or little equipment for Travelers would be great! I know Cathe has it in her.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.