Workout slump....

I can understand that view point. What works for some may not work for others - for me, a swift kick in the pants (reality check) is what gets me going. It might be negative but done in a motivational way. I guess I just do better with more forceful reinforcement (tough love).

I think sometimes we need the tough love- the kick in the butt - and sometimes we need a more positive reinforcer. Certainly, a glance in the mirror and being horrified by what we see can be a tremendous impetus for fitness, but it can also be the harbinger of eating disorders and other issues. There is no one right answer that fits all, and even for the same person, there can be different right answers at different times. You can never know what will inspire at a given time, and that is why this kind of forum can be invaluable - different people offering different takes on a situation. You never know what's going to do the trick and whatever it turns out to be, I bet the person who offered the solution didn't even know they were inspiring at the time!

Pick a date and make that day the day you will do workout number 1. On that day put on your favorite workout clothes, put in your favorite DVD and start slow. Give yourself permission to take it easy.

Maybe if it's nice out, take a walk, get some fresh air.

My favorite workout at the moment is live Zumba class. If you go to Zumba.com you can find a class in your area. Most cost about $10 but they are so much fun.

Jenn

Fortunately for me, because of the amount of stress I have been under, I have not put on significant weight. Maybe at most, 5 pounds but that is it.

I just feel so unhealthy. Yes, I have a lot of stress in my life. So much in fact that today I was diagnosed with shingles. And at my age (48) usually high amounts of stress would bring that on.

So that would tell you that stress is not only affecting my physically but mentally as well in the fact that I cannot get enough mental strength to even put on workout clothes.

I do not like feeling this unhealthy and now I have to ride out the shingle virus.

I just want to feel good again. I know at my height and weight (5'7" and 145 lbs) that I am not "fat" but I just want my "mojo" back and do not know the magic trick to jumpstart it.

I have bought new workouts, new clothes, new shoes but nothing changes. This is a major rut.

There are some good tips posted here and extra thanks for all you support.

P.S. Not only do I have shingles, but my husband just came home with my little 5 year old from the ER. He fell on his arm yesterday while I was at the doctor and today it was swollen and alas, he broke his arm. I have to take him on Friday to get the case.

When it rains, it really does pour....

Seems everyone that posted gave a little bit of themselves to help you. It is so cool to have people's opinions so you can choose which one at the time, fits you. Yes, when it rains it sometime does pour, that's when you make lemonade. I know.:rolleyes: I just want to add, whatever you chose to do, don't ever give up on exercise, cardio or good nutrition. (It all fits together) It does truly help with slumps, fat loss, emotions... all the things people here are saying, all are true.

Try hard to find your way back, it's important.

Janie

Fortunately for me, because of the amount of stress I have been under, I have not put on significant weight. Maybe at most, 5 pounds but that is it.

I just feel so unhealthy. Yes, I have a lot of stress in my life. So much in fact that today I was diagnosed with shingles. And at my age (48) usually high amounts of stress would bring that on.

So that would tell you that stress is not only affecting my physically but mentally as well in the fact that I cannot get enough mental strength to even put on workout clothes.

I do not like feeling this unhealthy and now I have to ride out the shingle virus.

I just want to feel good again. I know at my height and weight (5'7" and 145 lbs) that I am not "fat" but I just want my "mojo" back and do not know the magic trick to jumpstart it.

I have bought new workouts, new clothes, new shoes but nothing changes. This is a major rut.

There are some good tips posted here and extra thanks for all you support.

P.S. Not only do I have shingles, but my husband just came home with my little 5 year old from the ER. He fell on his arm yesterday while I was at the doctor and today it was swollen and alas, he broke his arm. I have to take him on Friday to get the case.

When it rains, it really does pour....

Wow! I'm so sorry that you have so much to deal with. I hope that your worries all work out for the best very soon!!

Maybe you can plant in your mind that even a little bit of exercise will help with the stress.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.