Workout Shoes/Feet

Hello everyone!

Quick question... I have been a "Nike" fan forever and bought a new pair of cross-training shoes... Problem is, when I wore them and started to workout, the bottom of my feet started burning and then they start cramping... So, I took the shoes back and got a different pair with some kind of orthopedic insert the lady told me I should try... Ok.. Back to working out, the same thing happened... AAAUUUUGGGHHH... Took that insert out, same problem. When i put my 'old reliable' workout shoes back on (crosstraining Nike) I have no burning and no cramping... So, I took the old insert from my old reliable workout shoes and put them in the new shoes and the burning and cramping started again...

I don't understand what could be going on... Should I consult a podiatrist?? I can't keep wearing these old workout shoes...

Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!!

(the first pair of shoes I purchased were Rikas, the second Nike)

Hello,

Just my 2 cents, but I was having feet problems last year and my podiatrist said Nike shoes are the absolute worst shoes you could wear. They have no arch support and caused serious problems in my feet. He recommended New Balance or Asics as they have great support. I do wear Rykas for my step workouts and have not had any problems. Good luck.

Carolyn

hello. i had a similar problem. i've always enjoyed running and step aerobics. then one day while i was training for a mini marathon the ball of my right foot and the middle toes started to get a burning numbing feeling. i couldn't jogg past my 5th mile. i tried buying all sorts of different shoes, . . i too was a nike girl then i broke down and saw a podiatrist who told me that no my feet shouldn't hurt like that and yes i should be able to run past that 5th mile without any pain. he reccomended a type of fore foot insert that didn't work. but he also reccomended a shoe lacing tecnique that did. i also switched workout shoes to asics, . .best thing i ever did and i won't buy anything else. i guess i would have to tell you to see a podiatrist because i wouldn't really trust a sales person (unless they are from a repretable running or athletic shoe store). i also reccomend buying shoes from a repretable running specialty store. these people know what they are talking about tell them your problem and they should be able to help you out. i hope this helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.