Workout Room Decoration --- What would you recommend 4 Plyo ;-)

Hi Everyone,

I will have a solely dedicated room for my "me" time soon. My fiance will soon start decorating the room and has asked about the best mat for the floor. So far I have been working out on laminate flooring without any damage. I do carefully put down my toys and so far the floor is not dented at all, it is actually immaculate too. Ideally I would like a mat to absorb shocks for plyos:):) The mat will be put on top of Laminate flooring.

Soon I will do plyos without possible disturbance:p:p

So fellow cathletes, what would you recommend?

Hope to hear from comments soon,

warm regards,;)

Last edited:
How exciting for you Nathalie! I love my own workout room although I don't have any special flooring. When I bought this condo it already had hardwood floors in this room so i've kind of gone the more affordable route and put down some interlocking puzzle mats that i move when i want to use my gliders or step; and then sometimes i just lay out 2 old yoga mats as a bit of cushion depending on what workout i'm doing.
Have fun decorating and congrats with the fiance!
Jamie

Ouch, I would not be able to work out on laminate. Your ankles must be stronger than mine! ;)

Anyway, congrats on your 'Me' room. I would rec something like this if you have it in your neck of the planet. http://www.greatmats.com/gym-flooring/plyometric-rolled-rubber-12.php
Otherwise, I would suggest you look for a couple of yoga mats made with rubber and layer them. I use a wider Jade yoga mat on carpeting. We rent so no custom flooring for me yet! When/if we do get a home, I am going with cork underlay. It is a great shock absorber, quiet and it is made from recycled materials.

Last edited:
How exciting for you Nathalie! I love my own workout room although I don't have any special flooring. When I bought this condo it already had hardwood floors in this room so i've kind of gone the more affordable route and put down some interlocking puzzle mats that i move when i want to use my gliders or step; and then sometimes i just lay out 2 old yoga mats as a bit of cushion depending on what workout i'm doing.
Have fun decorating and congrats with the fiance!
Jamie

Thanks Jamie, I am excited too. Looking forward to having a bigger screen properly fixed/hooked on the
wall in order to look on horizon keeping a better cervical posture. My current set up is--- my screen in on an old fashion
tv table stand, which is not convenient:):) Especially when I am working out pure weight segment meso 3 using/utilising my Rack.

So yes Jamie I am excited:p:p

Ouch, I would not be able to work out on laminate. Your ankles must be stronger than mine! ;)
Anyway, congrats on your 'Me' room. I would rec something like this if you have it in your neck of the planet. http://www.greatmats.com/gym-flooring/plyometric-rolled-rubber-12.php
Otherwise, I would suggest you look for a couple of yoga mats made with rubber and layer them. I use a wider Jade yoga mat on carpeting. We rent so no custom flooring for me yet! When/if we do get a home, I am going with cork underlay. It is a great shock absorber, quiet and it is made from recycled materials.

Thanks Elsie, Yes I have been working out on laminate without any issue for about 6 years. I had carpet for a short period
and I do not like carpet. That said definitely will look into those links you posted. Puzzle/Interlocking mat seem to be the best option.
I like the thick plyo mat too. Need now to start shopping around, virtually;);). I always look online whenever I need anything.

Thanks ladies for your comments and Have a good day;):)

Last edited:
Here is a link to an old thread: http://cathe.com/forum/threads/aerobic-flooring.300469/#post-2301417

If you have the space, try to build a small area for plyo. Even better, cover the entire room. If you look at this site, you get a better idea of how to do it: https://www.stagestep.com/subfloor-systems/#springstep-II

All you need is to locate a source for the closed cell foam near you. The rest can be found in any hardware store. It would cost less than a pavigym type floor.

The pavigym type tiles are a distant second in terms of performance. The puzzle mats you find in regular stores just don't do enough to protect the joints from high impact long term.

I second great mats. I love them. They are high quality and better than the puzzle mats sold in your local stores.

I purchased them when I finished my dedicated home gym.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I work out on low pile carpet right now. Its starting to wear thin and im feeling it in my feet, ankles and knees. All this talk of workout spaces has me thinking its time to change to the rubber mats. Is there a suggested thickness? Does it feel weird or wobbly for the step workouts?

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Happy memorial day to you all the way from Central Europe. Hope you are all well.;)

I am retrieving this thread asking another question for decoration. I want a motivational quote for a side
of my wall therefore need your suggestion. Has anyone stuck any in their Zen --- Working out space?

I want something similar to this below. Please keep comments and suggestions coming.

http://wallstickers.next.co.uk/Quotes-and-Words-Wall-Stickers/WQ136-6-1670_Set-Your-Goals.aspx

WQ136.jpg.ashx
WQ183.jpg.ashx

Kind Regards,:)

Last edited:
About 7 or 8 years ago we made my daughter's bedroom into a workout room. I purchased the PaviGym flooring from Power Systems. I love it!! You might want to check it out.

Making my workout room more Zen was my Christmas present a few years ago. My son painted it a rich tan color & I purchased several metal wall hangings from WorldStock (division of Overstock). Supposedly, the metal art was made by Haitians this was not long after their Hurricane. It's beautiful, I feel good about supporting the culture, and I love the vibe in my space.

Making my workout room more Zen was my Christmas present a few years ago. My son painted it a rich tan color & I purchased several metal wall hangings from WorldStock (division of Overstock). Supposedly, the metal art was made by Haitians this was not long after their Hurricane. It's beautiful, I feel good about supporting the culture, and I love the vibe in my space.

@lily64, would you be kind posting a picture on here please. I am looking for some inspiration decorating my workout space.

Kind Regards,:)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.