Workout Manager 1 Rep Question

I'm a bit confused with this program. Since I don't have a barbell, I've been putting in the weight of only one dumbbell. For example, with a chest fly I use 12's. I just put in 12. I think I'm doing that correctly.... ? Or should I put in the combined weight?

But what's really confusing me is the exercises that use pulse or 1/2 down count for a total of 8 reps. For example, on the legs disc #1, the one leg elevated lunges, I use a 15 pound db for the 8 reps. I know I can way more reps than this, because this same exercise is in the Butts and Guts workout. So, what should I do? Do I just see how many of this (the STS) particular type of count I can do?

On exercises that have 21 reps, such as the biceps curls 21's. The number of reps only goes to 20.

I'm so freaking confused. I thought I had it figured out!!!!

Just as note to SNM, is there any way to delete the NA off of the workout cards? It's so distracting. Before the lines were added, I made my own table for the exercises. Yeah, took me awhile. I only got through Meso #1.

For dumbbells you just put in the weight of one dumbbell. It sounds like you're doing that correctly.

When you do a 1RM test you want to have failure at as close to 10 reps as is possible. You don't do a 1RM test for all exercises. Exercises that use body weight or rep patterns should not be tested.

SNM- Thanks for the quick response.

So, it doesn't matter what the count pattern is, just the number of reps I can do with the heaviest weight? So, on those one-leg squats, don't try to mimic the rep count?

Again, thanks for your response and for your passion in creating an outstanding product.

You don't test for an exercise that has a rep pattern or that primarily uses bodyweight. This is why you will see that we don't recommend testing for a lot of lower body exercises.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.