Workout check in

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Good Morning Cathletes! I'm off to run, then teach my silver "kids". Part two at night with lifting...bi's tri's and core yummy! I might even have time to treat my self to a delicious boxing session with a trainer. What are your plans?

Good morning Cathe!

This morning I'll be doing 45 minutes of running/walking intervals on the treadmill and this afternoon I'll be doing GS: Chest & Triceps with you! :eek:

Did MMA KB this morning - just the combos, I gave up when we got to the conditioning drills. Wasn't at my best this morning. Then took Vlad for morning walkies. Also did 2 loads of laundry and baked a batch of brownies - perhaps I should finish that workout?:p

DH has coworkers coming over to look at the garden today, and he is supposed to feed the brownies to them, so I don't have to eat them.

Nan

Morning Cathe !

After work: Doing 4DS -Double Cardio ( Lo-Step / Hi-Step ) AND,, since I did Bi's and Tri's last night, I'll continue with 4DS chest and back right after the hi-step seg. Can't wait to sweat like crazy !

Thanks again Cathe !

Morgs

Hi Cathe!

I did Rhythmic Step (just through the 2nd combo:p) and then 30 minutes of pilates. I might get a bike ride in tonight if it's not raining:D

p.s. You got me good yesterday on Disc 19 with those "double wave"! I'm have difficulty lifting my arms!:eek:

Happy day to you!

It's sweltering here at the moment. I bought 3 new DVDs a couple of weeks ago - IMAX2 + Cardio Hits + Step Jump & Pump so am busy learning lots of new routines. I know all you guys on here are familiar with them but I'm reading lots of your posts with recommendations and making my purchases accordingly. So I'm seeing them all with new eyes - and love love loving it.

Anyway busy of course watching Wimbledon this week and broke off yesterday afternoon to hoof round the kitchen to Step Fit - then had a shower, washed my hair and dried it and by the time I went back, couldn't believe Isner and Mahut were still hard at it. Little did I know that I could have done the full 7 routines on all my 3 new DVDs + had 7 showers and they'd still have been going.

Are they Cathletes do we know?????? Gotta be :eek:

Good Morning Cathe!
I did a 45 minute run in the park this morning, then tonight after work I will do 4DS bis and tris and abs! Tomorrow am, KPC!!!! Enjoy your "kids"!

I did the Bob Harper cardio this AM, I think this evening, I'll just have to burn calories shopping!

Hi Cathe.

Today is my rest day but I am calling it an active one since I decided to do a little ab and inner thigh work this morning. Just wanted to feel that burn! ;) Yesterday though I did STS M1 D3! It's my first time doing STS. First week is complete. I love it so far! :D

Have a great day!

Hey Cathe,

My workout won't be until this evening. Going out for a run. I love summer and with only a few great weather months here in Chicago - I like to take advantage of the outdoors. Speaking of Chicago, when will you RT make it out here? (Is there a begging smiley?) Can't wait!!

Maria

Good morning, Cathe!! I'm gonig to give Zumba a try this morning. It's my first time doing it so I'm sure I'll be the comic relief in the class with my "moves"!! :D:p But who cares! It should be fun!

Happy Thursday!
Pam

Got to the gym at 430am, put my things in the locker, and ran over to the college located next door. Once there, I ran hills for 30 mins. out back on the sledding hill near the observatory. I have a love/hate relationship with that hill. To make it more interesting something was kind of howling at me from the adjacent wooded area. I think it was a fox, but it was fairly creepy. Ran back to the club when done and then did a pretty thorough chest workout.
Pretty hot and humid here in Arnold, Md. Ugh!
Trevor

Well, I nearly got freakin' killed this morning during my run - and I'm not exaggerating. I was about ten minutes into a lovely run when I came to a stoplight. I jogged in place, waiting for the light to change. There was a left advance and a lot of cars turning in front of me. The left advance ended and the walk sign came on for me. But cars were still coming through, so I waited until I couldn't see any more cars and then headed across. This car came fast out of nowhere, turning left directly into me. He didn't see me and I didn't see him. He actually sped up to try to make the turn! It was a silver BMW and that grill was huge as it came at me. I got hit with a dose of pure adrenalin as I sprinted the hell out of the way. I stopped when safe and screamed at him. You could see that he was as shaken as I was- he nearly not only killed someone, but would have gotten jail time for it for sure. He didn't do a damned thing to stop the car - if I hadn't sprinted I'd be injured at the very least. I walked across to the far side of the street and just stood there for a little while, trying to get my heart to stop racing before continuing. I finally started again, but I just couldn't get my heartrate down for the rest of the run. I wasn't even wearing my HRM but I could feel my heart going crazy. In fact, it'll probably spike every time in the future when I hear the song that was playing when this happened. I may have to retire that playlist. What kills me is that I was actually really careful crossing that street, because I could see that cars were ignoring the stoplight.

So I guess you could say I had a really great cardiovascular workout! I'm going to purchase a treadmill soon - a Sole TT8, I think, if anyone has any thoughts on the subject.

Hi Cathe! Today's workout is Supersets. Hopefully this afternoon I will also be able to Get out for a leisurely walk to enjoy the fantastic weather today (a sunny seventy degrees on the central California coast). :)

I am following the STS and STS Cardio rotation so after work it will be STS Cardio CCC. This will be my first time and I am really looking forward to doing it. I am loving this rotation.

Guten morgen Cathe,

Today I also did a double:p I ran at the TM at the gym. I did CCV5, than I did Cardio Core Circuit;) I am getting better at CCC!

Question for you Cathe? Do you run outside or inside? I like to run outside. What music are you listen too?

Have fun with your kids later! BTW, nice workouts, everyone!

Last edited:
Hi Cathe and Everyone,

I did STS Meso 3, Disk 28 Chest and Back this morning as well as the elliptical. Those weights are getting heavy now - I was VERY vocal while lifting!

Morningstar and Double T - Be careful out there!!

Have a great day everybody.

Chris

LowMax is on tap for today. Last night was Supersets and a couple miles on the treadmill. Tomorrow is Push Pull and more treadmill. I'm on a roll!

Morningstar - I'm glad you're OK! Sounds like sprinting saved your life! What a fright for sure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.