WM 3.0 says GAIN instead of gain/loss

cheznaz

I just added the # of calories I ate today (i.e. 1000) and the TDEE or workout manager says that at this rate I will GAIN 2# per week and will reach my goal by February sometime.

I think it should say lose 3# considering no one will GAIN if they continue eating only 1000 cals per day!

It said gain for me too. I even played around with it, and no matter what calories I entered, it always said gain.

Weight Loss Forecaster

I don't think you understood me. I need to know what your TDEE value is? Your TDEE is determined by the questions you answer in your setting's and by your weight. TDEE is the total calories you burn in a day and will be a number. If you haven't answered the applicable questions in "Settings" then your TDEE will be listed as "0" and the weight loss forecaster will think you burned zero calories. You will see a TDEE tab next to the "Calories Consumed" tab. Can you let me know what this tab says? If this is zero then it means you have not answered some of the required questions in "Settings" that are needed to calculate your TDEE or you have not weighed in.

I'm not the original poster, but my TDEE is 2048, and no matter how many calories I enter, it always results in a gain. I entered 10 calories and it said I would gain a pound a year, and reach my goal by Dec 31, 1969.

Weight Loss Forecaster

Unfortunately I'm not able to replicate this error. I've tried various TDEE values and calories consumed and everything is working fine. Your goal date is interesting because "Dec 31, 1969" is a default date that is used when something in a program is wrong with the date function. I'll see if our developer has some thoughts on this. Anybody else have this same problem?

I am getting this same "error". My TDEE is 1703. I enter calories eaten today as 1600. The result is a 3.2 lb/week (13.71/month; 166.86/year) gain but I will reach my weight loss goal March 3, 2011.

I attached a screen shot of the results I received.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1-10-2011 10-10-18 AM.jpg
    1-10-2011 10-10-18 AM.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 5
I am using Internet Explorer.

When I click on About Internet Explorer under the Help menu button it says:

Version 7.0.5730.13CO

Let me know if I am not looking at the right thing.

Thanks!

Weight Loss Forecaster

Our developers are currently studying this. If anyone has this same issue please let us also know what browser type and version you're using. I don't think this is a browser issue, but just in case it's helpful to have this information.

Calorie calculator

I just want to add that the greater calories you enter in your calorie eaten today, it says that the more sooner you reach your goal. The less calories you eat the more time it takes to reach the goal.

Not yet. We're currently working on several higher priority tasks, but we we will get to this as soon as time permits.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.