wkout buddies

lynnb

I'd like to have wkout buddies for encouragement,accountability & would hope to form some fun friendships. I'm new to this forum & Cathe's wkouts which are great they give me the challenge I was looking for & enjoy her style of instruction. If you'd like to share wkouts,comments, laughs I'd be thrilled to hear from you. lynnb

Lynn,

You might want to visit the check-ins and challenges thread and join a group (or more than one group) there. There are all sorts of daily threads - for runners (that's the cheetahs), P90Xers, Body for Lifers, Weight Watchers, those looking to lose 10 lbs., those trying to fit in yoga, etc. Find a group that you think suits you and drop on in. :)

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

>Lynn,
>
>You might want to visit the check-ins and challenges thread
>and join a group (or more than one group) there. There are all
>sorts of daily threads - for runners (that's the cheetahs),
>P90Xers, Body for Lifers, Weight Watchers, those looking to
>lose 10 lbs., those trying to fit in yoga, etc. Find a group
>that you think suits you and drop on in. :)
>
>[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
>[font face="comic sans
>ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif
Thanks for the advice I wasn't aware of the different groups available I'll definetly look those up. :p

Cathy,
I've lurked in the check-ins and challenges forum before, but I have no idea what all the acronyms are! How do you find a group that's "right" for you?? I'm also interested in finding a group with my fitness goals, background, etc.
Thanks for your help,
Paula

I suggest you post this question in the Open Discussion (OD) forum (as it's not specifically a question or comment on Cathe's workouts).

As for what group to choose, you could as in OD, or just browse through the groups in the Check-in forum and see if any of them appeal to you. If not, you can start your own (and maybe find some other people to join by posting an invite in OD).

Hi Paula,

I don't know what all the acronyms are, but I can tell you about some of the groups. There's Weight Watchers, Xers (folks who completed one or more rounds of P90X), an over 50 group, BFL = Body for Life, PYGFO stands for Put Your Game Face On (I *think* those ladies met on the Road Trip this summer), HATE (I believe this is for folks who "hate" cardio), Cheetahs are a running group (all speeds and ages welcome!), CABs and Abs (this is a small group...we love working out and occasionally indulging in a cold adult beverage now and then...originally, it was a group that was doing P90X last winter)...10#s (I believe they're all trying to lose 10)...some of the others' titles, I think, are self-explanatory. The best thing to do is pop in and check a few out to see what they're like. If you don't see something that fits the bill, you can always start your own! :)

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Thanks for the info. I had no idea what the PYGFO or HATE groups were. They just seemed like old friends chatting with each other and giving great motivation. How nice to have such great friends!! I'll do some more "lurking" and see if I can find a group that I like.

>I suggest you post this question in the Open Discussion (OD)
>forum (as it's not specifically a question or comment on
>Cathe's workouts).

Oops, I didn't even think of that.

Cathy,

Where do you find this check-ins and challenges thread? I would be interested in some of these groups.

Thanks!
Dawn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.