Winsor Pilates Sculpting Circle

BAM

Cathlete
Does anybody own this circle along with the DVD's? There's an offer for $9.95 for the circle, the circle workout and 2 other DVD's that don't use the circle. I'm wondering about the quality of the circle. Is it flimsy or sturdy and is there enough tension on it to really feel it while you're working out? Is the 20 minute circle workout that comes with this offer effective? The only other workout of hers that uses the circle, from what I can tell, is the Sculpted Circle Advance. For $20 more I could get this DVD which may not be worth it. I really like the $9.95 deal. Can you give me your impression of this workout and if the advanced circle workout is really worth getting? 20 bucks is 20 bucks. :) Thanks in advance!

Bam

Hi Bam!

I can't speak specifically to Winsor Pilates because I've never tried her work outs, but I have used a circle and yes, it makes for an effective work out. My former personal trainer incorporated the circle in a lot of inner/outer thigh work and it made for some excellent resistance. HTH:)

Thanks Michele. I have heard some good things about the circle in general but am not sure of the quality of Mari's or her workout for this. I'm glad you got great results from it! :) I'd like to find a good quality circle and workout the "first" time I make this purchase, lol. Thanks again.

Bam

Bam, try a search for Pilates. I know there have been several threads on the topic and you will find lots of good information.

I remember that my personal trainer liked Stott Pilates but the Stott circle is not as nice as some others I've seen.

Ok I admit I was sold on the infomercial and I bought it....total waste of money. The circle they send is such a piece of...well you know and the videos are really bad too. There are better videos out there for your money.

Hi

Well I know nothing about the Windsor videos and circle, but I can say I received a Giami circle for Christmas last year and use it with my KV pilates ring work out and think it is a great resistance tool. Matter of fact, I did that work out Tuesday and can still feel the work today.

My only complaint is that sometimes it hurts my inner legs a little so I have to position it just right or wear longer workout pants. But, the Giami ring is quality. I wonder if the one KV sells is more comfortable while offering the same resistance. That, to me, would be worth checking out. Anyone out there know or have tried other brands? Would love to hear. Or ideas on how to make the Giami one a little more inner thigh friendly.

Thanks,
Nancy

>Ok I admit I was sold on the infomercial and I bought
>it....total waste of money. The circle they send is such a
>piece of...well you know and the videos are really bad too.
>There are better videos out there for your money.

Ditto - I know that Windsor puts out a nice product but I was NOT impressed with this at all.

Boy, am I glad I asked about this before buying it! Thanks everyone for your input.

Macska, could you tell me a little bit more about IMX brand? Do you have the circle from them or just the tapes? How many of the tapes do you have? The price of the circle and the tapes are a bit high so I'd like to try and find out as much info as I could since I didn't see where they have a preview of the videos. If you have the circle, is it good quality? Thanks for any additional info you can share. :)

Bam

All I have is a video -- they don't have dvds unfortunately. I have the IM=X ADVANCED FLOORWORK tape and I like it a lot. I've got my ring somewhere else, on ebay I think. Basically you do a lot of different upper body moves with a body bar while holding/moving the circle with your legs. Total body workout, and rather intense. If you like pilates you'll like this tape. About 45mn long. The setting and the music is sort of new wave-ish and everything is black, the setting, the clothes, etc. Very straight forward effective workout with good instruction.

Thanks for the description of that video. It sounds great! Hopefully I'll be able to find the right circle. Thanks again for your help.

Bam

Bam,

I am glad you asked about this because I was about to order this set along with the Winsor set that uses the bands so that I can put my dynabands to use in workouts other than Cathe's. I was torn and now I see that people are not impressed with this series. I have other winsor dvd's and I use the bun-n-thigh one a few times a week which I love. I haven't tried Stott but I hear good things about them. Gaiam videos are always so-so to me, Romana's where ridculous (too fast and too much fluffy interview stuff). I hear good things about the Hilary Burnett series, but they don't use the ring or the bands.

You can by a Danskin ring at Walmart for cheap, and Gaiam sells them at Target if you want to check quality. The Danskin seems like the best value and so far their fitness equipment has been decent quality. You could always buy that one to see if you like it and if it doesn't hold up, get a better one down the road. That was my plan if I could find a good dvd to go with the ring.

If anyone knows of any good pilates ring or band workouts that would be great.

:D
April (gdkarma74)

April, yes I have seen them at Target but never paid too much attention since I really wasn't interested. NOW I'm interested, lol. I'm guessing that depending on which one you get, you may get greater resistance than on another one. Too bad they don't come with different resistance levels, unless there's one out there that does. I'm sure they'll be coming out with this at some point. I'm going to check Target and Walmart this weekend.

Stott Pilates has a band workout called Sculpt and Tone. It's actually quite good, especially for the lower body. I got the video for $2.00 at a local discount store. I'm excited to try the band work in the Gym Style series that I just got. It's different than the pilates band workout which is what I was looking for. Oh, Ana Caban has a band workout that's gotten mixed reviews from back a few years. She has a newer one out and I would NOT recommend that one. HTH.

Bam

April, yes I have seen them at Target but never paid too much attention since I really wasn't interested. NOW I'm interested, lol. I'm guessing that depending on which one you get, you may get greater resistance than on another one. Too bad they don't come with different resistance levels, unless there's one out there that does. I'm sure they'll be coming out with this at some point. I'm going to check Target and Walmart this weekend.

Stott Pilates has a band workout called Sculpt and Tone. It's actually quite good, especially for the lower body. I got the video for $2.00 at a local discount store. I'm excited to try the band work in the Gym Style series that I just got. It's different than the pilates band workout which is what I was looking for. Oh, Ana Caban has a band workout that's gotten mixed reviews from back a few years. She has a newer one out and I would NOT recommend that one. HTH.

Bam

I guess I'm the only one...

but I LOVE the Sculpting circle. So much so that I'm the one on the infomercial!! (and for the one that got sold from watching the infomercial- glad to hear it!!)

But, the circle that I got originally was a lot sturdier than the *free* one from the infomercial. However, my Mom has the other circle & I think it works fine, just looks a little flimsy.

I like the 20 min circle workout, but the 35 min Advanced workout is my FAVORITE. I love it- total body workout & the circle will help sculpt your arms, back, thighs, butt, etc. If you like any of the other Winsor Pilates (I have pretty much the whole collection, ask away if you have any questions!) then you'll love the sculpting circle. And if you get the $9.95 package then you also get the Accelerated fat burning & Max burn basics (which I love).

From doing Pilates I went from a size 12 to a size 4! Now I'm doing Cathe to help me build more muscle! And my Mom has been doing the circle workouts with awesome results- she's 54 & gone from a tight 16 to a loose size 10 now! (she can't do much high impact because she's had knee surgery but she loves doing Pilates!)

HTH! And sorry some of you didn't like the circle! It's different from Cathe workouts!

Hugs,

Jessica (you can see me in my size 18 wedding dress on the infomercial!)

RE: I guess I'm the only one...

Hi Jessica. Thanks for sharing with us your appearance in the infomercial. Is it the one running now for the sculpting circle? Where are you in it so I can make sure I know it's you? I saw your pics and you look fantastic! You have a beautiful family!

I don't think anyone is saying that they don't like the concept of the circle, just the quality of the Winsor one. I think any resistance apparatus is wonderful for your muscles. Now, after reading your description, maybe I should order the $9.95 deal and at least I'll get some other workouts for that price which would make it worth it, I guess. Does the 20 minute circle workout concentrate on the whole body or some parts more specifically? I'd be especially interested in the lower body. Ahhhh, decisions, decisions.

I'm sure the informercial will be on over the weekend so if I see it, I'll look for you. Thanks again for your response.

Bam

RE: I guess I'm the only one...

Yep, it's the sculpting circle one. I'm on towards the beginning, you'll see my name (Jessica M) too. It's really only about 20 sec, but hey I got a free trip to LA!! (and no, I didn't get paid to say anything!) I'm also on just a little bit in the middle (where they show my wedding pic in my size 18 dress) & just tiny bit at almost the very end. My friend, Lauren Sue is also on the infomercial & she also happens to be on the cover of a magazine called Looking Good now this month!!

I do agree that the quality could have been better for the circle, I wish that they were giving away the one that I was given (it's like the one in the advanced workout). But, it still works! The 20 min workout does do some abs/ butt/ thighs, and also some arm work. It goes by very quickly too, one thing I love about WP is that most of the workouts are only 20 min!

Thanks for checking out my pics too!

Hugs,

Karen voight has a pilates workout with a resista ring. I feel it when i do it.
That is the only workout i have used with the ring but i say yes it works.
Anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.