Will teaching a weight class affect my own workout???

Hi Cathe. My current workout schedule includes 6 days of cardio & weight training. I have just begun to teach a body sculpting class twice a week using light weights (3 & 5lbs)and tubing. Do you think this will cause me to over train? I only just started a few weeks ago but by the end of the week I'm exhaused. (my muscles feel like they are on fire) Do you think it just will take time for me to get use to it or should I cut my own workout down a bit? I don't want to lose any progress I've made though. Thanks for your help!!
Charlene

Hi Charlene!

It really does depend what kind of weight training you are doing on those 6 days. For instance, if its just one body part per workout with a heavier weight, then perhaps your 2 sculpting classes of lighter weights might not be that bad(since no one muscle group is being overused). But if you are already using all muscle groups two times in the week, then yes, I think two additional sculpting classes would just be overkill. As for cardio 6 days a week. For some people, this is just fine, but for others it is too exhausting. How long are these workouts? If they are 60 minutes, perhaps cut them back to 30 minutes. If they are already short workouts to begin with, then try dropping to just 4 or 5 cardio workouts a week. Just some suggestions
happy.gif

Thanks Cathe!

I do group my body parts together. Instead of twice a week of my own weight training, would just once a week plus the sculpting classes be OK? My cardio sessions usually last from 45-60 minutes. They consist of Spinning, kickboxing, step and running. I'll try to mix it up and do shorter cardio sessions or not as many. Thanks for your suggestions!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.