Why does my butt look like cottage cheese?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I've been squatting, lunging & pressing for the last 20 years to prevent this. I'm 5'3", 110 lbs & I really don't have much bodyfat.

In clothes I look pretty tight. But not in clothes I look loose & bumpy. I guess my skin is aging, but I have this nowhere on the rest of my body, just my butt.

What the heck is going on? And is there anything that can be done about it? x(

LauraMax, I think it's genetic.

Of course, if you of all people have cellulite, what hope is there for the rest of us???

I'm not sure how old you are. I didn't start noticing cellulite until I was 35 and my weight was around 115 pounds. I also stopped walking which was my only exercise. From what I've read cellulite can occur when the collagen begins to harden and form diamond shaped ridges. The skin doesn't hold the fat flat.

Since exercising, I have noticed a decrease in the appearance of cellulite. However, if there's no more reduction by next year, I plan on getting non-invasive laser treatments to break up the collagen. My hairdresser recently did this and it helped tighten up her skin. She works out religiously but doesn't watch her diet. So, she has a couple of small areas of cellulite. Instead of changing her diet, she's thinking of liposuction. I told her to hurry up since I consider her my guinea pig. ;-)

::my belly looks like a sharpei dog.::

ROFL! When I do push ups, if I look down toward my belly, I think it looks like an old man's butt.

:eek:

I'm 39. I'm getting ready to mortgage myself up to my eyeballs for my dream house (if I ever unload my current shack LOL) so I'm thinking a laser procedure is out of the question for some time (did you know something like that would cost about $10K? At least I'm assuming....I looked into it for my face & it costs about $5K, most of us have bigger a$$es than faces }( ).

I was thinking about that body wrap thing, but still......any effect would be only temporary & they're pretty expensive too. Maybe I need to look into some body lotions that have a lot of collagen, but I'd hate to give up my Keri.......

I guess I should just be grateful those butt-less jeans never became fashionable.....:p

"When I do push ups, if I look down toward my belly, I think it looks like an old man's butt."

OMG... I absolutely HATE looking down at my belly during push-ups! An old man's butt... I think mine looks worse, like some kind of alien mushroom growth. Ok, now that's a really gross visual.

Not only does my butt look like cottage cheese, but so do my thighs and I am in pretty good shape. I blame it on hormones.

Dry brushing can help but I think it is a curse we will have to live with.

Cheryl

>If it makes you feel any better, my butt looks like cottage
>cheese and my belly looks like a sharpei dog.:)
>

I haven't laughed that hard in weeks...............

laura, i am 6 feet and have no clue what i weigh. i was getting dressed a few weeks ago and in a thong! yikes! same as everyone is saying. my first reaction was "gross". now i feel like a member of a club.

suri

> now i feel
>like a member of a club.
>

Card-carrying member here--of the Cottage Cheese Butt Club.
x( x( :p

MissL

ETA I have tried more lotions and other "fixes" than I care to admit. As Cheryl mentioned, dry brushing is probably more effective than anything at helping, but nothing will get rid of it completely. Dry brushing is recommended by Dr. Murad, mainly to improve the appearance of cellulite, and by Teresa Tapp, to eliminate toxins from the body which, in turn, helps with cellulite.

(did you know something like that would cost
>about $10K? At least I'm assuming....I looked into it for my
>face & it costs about $5K, most of us have bigger a$$es than
>faces }( ).

Wow! that is expensive. Around here, it's $300 a treatment. They say the average number of treatments for the hamstring/glute area is 4 to 6 visits. For me, it would be about 12 treatments. LOL Still, it's not pocket change.

I haven't heard of the body wrap treatment. I have Avon's cellulite treatment. It hasn't worked for me though. I can't put it on right after a shower or it burns my skin. I have to throughly moisturize my skin with Curel before applying the Avon stuff. So, I don't know if that's why it doesn't work for me.

Laura,

It's not your fault so don't feel bad about it. Cellulite can appear on slim and heavy people alike. It obviously has nothing to do with wether you are thin, heavy, fit or unfit. Sorry you have it though.

>How about airbrushing? I hear that works:p
>

Could get expensive, though--you know, having to fill in all those little dimples. :+

MissL

My cellulite lessens when I gain weight. I guess the fat fills in the dimples.}( Maybe that's the solution, Laura.;-)

LauraMax:

SHUT UP!! I just looked at your picturetrail and had a hard time locating any butt at all!! Where could you possibly have cottage cheese?? In the frig, of course!! But none in the trunk!!:7 :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.