Why do veins "pop"?

Barbie

Cathlete
Sorry to ask such a lame question, but I've been wondering....Since I've been working out more intensely, I've noticed that my once almost invisible veins are now much more prominent. What causes this? Is it lower body fat or more blood circulation? Or what? I actually REALLY like my "new" look, I feel strong with all of these veins! LOL!
Thanks for any input!

Yeah, it was a lame question...(just kidding) :eek:) Your veins pop because your muscules are building and it's pushing it out. Did you ever notice body builders' bodies?? See how many veins stick out? The more muscular you get, the more it pushes veins out and stretches the skin out. My veins on my arms are slightly out because my arms are somewhat muscular. I think they're sexy on men's arms. ;o)

Hi, actually thats not really true, if you ever see a bodybuilder in the off season, his body fat is higher and thus, no veins. When you lower your body fat you will become more vascular (the veins show) this is normal and quite deseriable.

Actually, your both wrong.
Because it lacks oxygen, the waste-rich blood that flows through the veins has a deep purplish color. Because the walls of the veins are rather thin, the waste-rich blood is sometimes visible through the skin as a bluish color. Look at your wrist, or hands, or ankles. You can probably see your veins carrying your blood back to your heart. Veins receive blood from the capillaries after the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide has taken place. Therefore, the veins transport waste-rich blood back to the lungs and heart. a person who worksout regularily will have more waste rich blood flowing back toward the lungs and heart and thus making the viens look as though they are popping especially directly after a weight routine in which the pressure of the flow will have increased.

;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.