Why can't I get through Imax 3?

rilbe4

I have had Imax 3 for maybe 3 years and have gotten all the way through it maybe once. I just don't have the stamina. I have done more weight work in the last month so I expected my endurance to improve, but it has not--noticeably, anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions? And do you have any workouts you haven't mastered yet?

thanks-rilbe4

hi - I had the same issues with Imax 3. I did the Aug 05 rotation which increased endurance and the last week I did it while carrying on a conversation! Now I do just the blast only segments followed by Imax 2 blasts. Try a rotation that works on endurance - I'd recommend the Aug 05 one.

HTH
Jane

why can't you get through Imax 3????????? BECAUSE ITS HARD!!!!! ok, seriously though it is super challenging and thats the way it should be. how often are you doing it? the only way to make it easier is to do it more frequently than you already are. i do it only once every couple of weeks so its always challenging for me but i like that b/c thats what i want when i workout.

You might be able to build up to it with other interval workouts. Gin Miller's Intense Moves has a format that allows you to choose, for the "blast" portion, between three increasingly intense moves. You can then choose how long to do that move... 15 sec, 30 sec., 45, or a whole minute.

Also, you might think about what you eat beforehand. I usually have no problem with interval workouts, but a few weeks ago, I did one in the late a.m. without eating anything beforehand and ended up having to stop in the middle, nauseated and shaking with hunger. Eating a little something before makes a world of difference in my endurance for these intense workouts.

[[[[[[[[[[why can't you get through Imax 3????????? BECAUSE ITS HARD!!!!!]]]]]]]]]]]]

My sentiments EXACTLY}(

I'm currently doing the Aug '05 rotation (just did Imax 3 yesterday!) and I think it might also be partially mental. You KNOW you've never been able to get through it, so you psyche yourself out to some extent. Can you do Imax 2? IMO, while Imax 3 is more complex, it's not really any harder than Imax 2 (though Imax 2 is more fun, lol). Do you do any other long workouts (Cardio Fusion, either Body Max, etc?) I'd recommend trying to go longer and bringing up your stamina. Good luck!

Carol

I know agree with the above poster in that Imax 3 is no harder than Imax 2. I find them to be on equal levels (again, though--Imax 2 is much more fun!). In my case, I have definetely psyched myself out of workouts before.

Allison

I would agree. I don't get through IMAX 3 because frankly, I'm not all that impressed with the w/o compared to the previous IMAX workouts. In my opinion, IMAX 3 does not flow well and the cueing is not as good so I don't find myself as motivated to stick with as I do IMAX 2. It's not one of my favorites but I'm going to keep it in my rotations.

I think some of it has to do with the little time to catch a breather at the end of the blasts. After the blasts in IMAX2, there is definitely more time to get the heartrate down before moving on. I can get through IMAX 3 most of the time, but when I feel that I need to take a little more O2 (and water) in after a blast, I will just pause the DVD for 20 extra seconds. Also, like the other posters mentioned, the August05 rotation really helps with endurance. Take care:)

I think you are right about having a little more time to breath. I'd also like to give the August 05 rotation a whirl for sadistic kicks and grins. At least it could be an excuse to eat more ;-)

I agree that its hard. I personally think its more high impact than Imax 2 and less fun so that always makes it seem harder. I don't like a lot of jumping on and off the step the way Imax 3 has it.

If you are doing it once a week you should over a months time be able to do it all.

This workout and Cardio fusion are "tough" for me and I pull them out occassionally when I really feel like kicking my a$$...in a good way of course.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.