Why all the hoods?

carolynjane

Cathlete
Here is my question - why do clothes suddenly have hoods on everything? They are on robes, pullover tops, jackets, etc. I keep thinking - why do a I need a hood in the HOUSE - especially on a bathrobe? Does anyone else think this is a strange fashion trend?

I am not a fan of hoods! They are very inconvenient in the winter when one puts a coat on overtop of a jogging jacket...always "fishing" to pull it out or having DH find it! Ha! Too funny about the bathrobe HOOD! Can't picture myself walking around the house with the hood up!!!!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I think they're kind of cute. I wouldn't wear them to work, but I like them on casual sweaters & stuff like that.

I agree with carolyn jane though. Why are they on everything. I took MIL shopping for a robe and had a heck of a time finding anything hoodless. Same thing goes for when I was looking for a fleece pullover. They are insidious. (Ha, I love to use big words)

I think hoods are super-cute, although I am LOL at the thought of all you ladies pouring your morning coffee with the hoods up on your fluffy pink bathrobes. :7 :7 :7

Marie

I love hoodies. They, to me, are cool. I had a bathrobe with a hood and actually used it. Why, when my hair is wet and I walk from the "hot" bathroom into a cool room, I won't get that SUDDEN chill. Likewise being in the gym. Getting a good w/o and working up a good sweat, my hair gets drenched and I look like a wet cat, so the hood goes up. Besides I feel like I can hang with the BIG BOYS when I'm walking around the gym with the hood........LOL

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

Haydee, I am picturing you sauntering around the gym in that silky robe with the hood that Rocky wore in one of his pics... hehe!

Marie

>Don't you all get hood-hair?

I have very little hair. I keep it close to the scalp.
========================================================

>Haydee, I am picturing you sauntering around the gym in that silky robe with the hood that Rocky wore in one of his pics... hehe!

Hey Marie,

Funny you mentioned that I usually work out with my Rocky cd. No silky robe.:D

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

Well, Haydee, I think we should get you one. What color would you like. I'm partial to red. Anyone want to chip in to buy Haydee a red, silky robe with a hood?

I like hoods - I have very fine hair, and hoods don't give me "hat hair"! Also, they are attached, so they don't get lost! They also cover your ears like most hats don't.
Just Do It! :)

I love hoods... I get them in everything I can, sweaters, sweatshirts, jackets. One of the best styles ever! I've been wearing them for about 10 years! My old b/f loved hooded sweatshirts when they were difficult to find.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.