WHO'S IN?

#87 here. I'm now regretting being a long time lurker! My husband suprised me with this and after the initial shock and awe wore off, the anxiety kicked in when I realized I don't know anybody! I've been working out to Cathe since 2004 and she's completely changed my life! I got pregnant last year and was put on bed rest and since then I haven't worked out. My son is now 5 months old so it's past time to start working out again! Can't wait to finally meet the ones who are going on this roadtrip!!

#87 here. I'm now regretting being a long time lurker! My husband suprised me with this and after the initial shock and awe wore off, the anxiety kicked in when I realized I don't know anybody! I've been working out to Cathe since 2004 and she's completely changed my life! I got pregnant last year and was put on bed rest and since then I haven't worked out. My son is now 5 months old so it's past time to start working out again! Can't wait to finally meet the ones who are going on this roadtrip!!

Barb, no regrets, and no anxiety. Yes some people know each other, but for others it will be their first time too. A road trip is such a friendly place. You will make new friends. Also it is a no pressure trip. Everyone is at different levels. I have been to several and have just loved every single one. Looking forward to making new friends and catching up with old ones.

Jean

Hey, Barb27,
Where are you coming from? I was on bed rest with my twins -- 17 YEARS AGO! Don't fret a moment about not knowing anyone -- you will meet some seriously wonderful women on this trip.
Can't wait to meet you!
Kristi
(from Austin)

I'm going! I was No. 25 (this will be my 4th RT!!!). So I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again! The great thing is, is that the Woodlands is only about 30 minutes from my house (I live in the outside part of Houston and the Woodlands is only a very short distance away -- no airfare!) Soooo excited that this time Cathe is coming to me! Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Thank you for posting that Jean and Kristi! I'm feeling better already! I'm coming from Thibodaux, Lousiana but originally from the Houston area. I'm only 5 hours away, so it's really not a bad drive.

I was actually quite suprised that he was able to buy a ticket today. I guess I'm used to the roadtrips selling out in minutes! Is it because she is having so many now? Oh well, I still consider myself lucky to get a chance to be a part of such a wondeful experience! Can't wait to meet you guys!

Barb27.

last march was my first RT. I was also a little worried. No need to be!!! Everyone is friendly, Cathe is FANTASTIC. Caring, warm, welcoming. You will have so much fun. Can`t wait to meet you!

linda

A little anxiety is normal. I was a nervous wreck before my first RT last year. I posted about it and got such wonderful responses from experienced Road Trippers that I knew even before I got there that I would have a wonderful time even though I didn't know a single soul. And that's exactly what happened. This will be my 3rd trip now, and I have met some wonderful people. You will, too!

You don't even know the weight you guys have lifted off my shoulders! I knew deep down it would probably be a great experience. After all, we have one important thing in common - Cathe! Y'all have to be great women!! :D

Hello Everyone! I registered the first day it opened and was ticket #39. I've lurked here for YEARS, having started doing Cathe workouts back in 1998 (the year I quit smoking). I'm so excited to FINALLY get to work out with Cathe in person. I'll be traveling from Tulsa, Oklahoma. I vowed that if she ever did a road trip anywhere near Oklahoma, I was going, and Houston is close enough!! Can't wait to meet you all and work out with Cathe!!!

~~Kathy~~

We have the same name almost LOL

Hi Y'All!!
Ticket # 35 from Connecticut signing in... So looking forward to going to Houston; never been! Bringing along an old and dear friend from HS (her first RT and my 4th).
Barb, I was so nervous on my first RT, but it took little to no time to realize I was making life long friends!!! Each RT is unique and spectacular, you will love it. And BTW, how awesome is your husband to think of this? Congrats on the baby!!!

Yes, my husband is pretty unblievable at times! He and my son are going to travel with me, but not participate in the roadtrip. I have a feeling I'm going to be addicted to this and want to go to every single one from here on out!

Sue, it will be great to see you again too. I think after Houston though I will probably slow down. But then again, I might not be able to control my typing fingers when the next annoucement comes, LOL.

Jean

Sue, it will be great to see you again too. I think after Houston though I will probably slow down. But then again, I might not be able to control my typing fingers when the next annoucement comes, LOL.

Jean

SNM is planning for Disney Hawaii. You wouldn't want to miss that one, would you, Jean? ;) There are other good ones, too(but, I forgot exactly where), but I think there may have been a couple of Disney resorts and San Diego again!

I'm tending to agree with you that they ARE addicting!:D

See you in October!

Last edited:
WE ARE GOING!!

HI! I'm #9, my daughter and my little sis are going as well! Actually, there's a group of 7 of us coming in from West TExas.

We've been working out to cathe's Hiit since it came out and we are just so EXCITED about coming to Houston to meet all of ya'll and CATHE of course!

See ya'll in October!!!!

take care :)
Gloria

Jean, i'm dying of curiosity now! I can't even remember how many roadtrips she's held so I couldn't even guess. Have you been to more than 5?? Oh, I wanted to mention! My husband signed up!! I'm so glad he's decided to join me! I think he was afraid of being the only male there, but my excitement finally got to him!

My husband signed up!! I'm so glad he's decided to join me! I think he was afraid of being the only male there, but my excitement finally got to him!

Barb, my DH will be joining me as well (I was ticket #2 and he was #22). So tell your husband that the males will definitely be outnumbered, but he will not be alone! :D

Jean, i'm dying of curiosity now! I can't even remember how many roadtrips she's held so I couldn't even guess. Have you been to more than 5?? Oh, I wanted to mention! My husband signed up!! I'm so glad he's decided to join me! I think he was afraid of being the only male there, but my excitement finally got to him!

Yes, more than 5. Can you say "All of them" since she started them on her own in 05. (she had some with Video Fitness back before I found her, I think in 2000) Well I guess not all of them, because in 08 she had 2, one in July and one in August and I only went to the one in July. So that would be New Jersey 05, 07, July 08, 09, Daytona, San Deigo, currently sign up for NJ 2010 and Houston. So if I counted right Houston will make #8.

One would think I am an avid lover of exercise, but I'm not. Honestly, over the 6 moths I have work out as little as possibly to get by, but I am working on getting back to a nice steady routine and recently started STS up again. But what I do love about the road trips, besides seeing and working out with Cathe, is getting the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people. I have made some of the best friends from the Road Trips. I love Cathe's workouts and love hearing about how others enjoy her as much as I do. If it wasn't for Cathe and her workouts, I probably wouldn't hardly work out at all. I also love to travel. So in a road trip, I get to treat myself to some awesome workouts, seeing Cathe, reuniting with friends and making new ones and getting out of town for a few days. Sounds like a great package deal to me.

As for the husbands attending, there have been several men in the past that have come. The ones that I have had a chance to visit with have enjoyed them and were glad they came. So hopefully your DH and the others will have a great time too.

Jean

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.