Whoa! IS THIS TRUE????

Alana_as

Cathlete
I went to the VERY last thread page and I wanted to see how old the FIRST thread ever typed on here....AND IT WAS BACK IN 1969!!!!

Is this true!?!?!?? Someone tell me it isn't true!!

Not true. There was no internet back then.

Edited to add: This is some sort of bug in the way the date was stored, which has probably since been fixed. I've worked in software development for 25 years and believe me, this kind of thing is pretty common.

well that's what I figured...but I HAD TO ASK! I was just shocked! I wonder when the first thread was put on here anyway..do you know? anyone know?

Kathryn may know - she's been here a long time. I've been posting for 10 years and the forum was already going pretty strong with lots of history by the time I joined.

Wow! 10 years!? that's pretty cool. I wish I would have found this place by the time I found cathe's DVD's! I was doing the DVD's for about 3 years before I found this kind of website. Glad I found it anyway! better late then never! hehe:D

I as well knew this couldn't be true as just very curious and wondered why it went all the way back to '69 is all.

Still waiting on someone to tell me when the first thread was put up...or at least when this website was created, up and going ya know?:)

My join date says Dec 1999, but I think I've been here longer than that.

I think on one of the board upgrades, those of us who have been here 10 years or more were given the join date of Dec 1999. Is there anyone who has one listed as prior to that? I haven't seen one.

If I had to guess I'd say I was here maybe a couple of years before that?

Wow! That's pretty cool though!:cool: Quite a while back! right on...wish I was here when it was starting! hehe:p

I went to the VERY last thread page and I wanted to see how old the FIRST thread ever typed on here....AND IT WAS BACK IN 1969!!!!

Is this true!?!?!?? Someone tell me it isn't true!!

1969 is the default date that is used when the software can't determine the correct date.

I joined the forums in either 1992 or 1993, and they'd been around for a while before that (though not much, I don't think).

I remember hearing about Cathe when I was doing some of the earlier Firm workouts and checked in on the Firm website. That was when the firm posts all dropped into your e mail and you had around 300 posts to read. I started reading Cathe's back then and there were around 200 posts total. It may have been early 90's?? Since I know the first couple of Firms came out around "87" and "88". The cardio Hits DVD was released 1999. I already had several of Cathe's workouts on VHS then and was reading her forums.

Last edited:
I remember when I found about Cathe she only had VHS to purchase, but then again the DVD era was just emerging. I had just purchased a whole lot of VHS and then eventually broke down a year or so later and repurchased the DVD's.

Gosh, I still have a whole of Cathe vhs still.

I don't think Cathe had a child when I joined the forum.

1969 is the default date that is used when the software can't determine the correct date.

Makes sense, must be because 'Epoch Time' began January 1, 1970. It's used in UNIX and other operationg systems......dont' know what other ones.

If you feel like learning more, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epoch_time.

As an aside, I once saw a server that thought it had been up and running for over 100 years. Guess it wasn't much of a surprise to find out the OS was corrupted on that one......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.