Who is 2nd to Cathe with HIIT Workouts?

gypsymom

Cathlete
Hi, I am wondering who is as intense as Cathe with HIIT. The only other one I've done is Reebok Intense Step. I see other workouts, but sometimes they look like they are more circuit-type than hiit. I just want the intervals with minimal weight use and high intensity. I don't mind light weight like Cathe uses for low impact to add intensity. But, I don't want to do a strength circuit. . . Thanks!!

Shaun T workouts like T25 series.

Fit Body by Julia from YouTube. Free. Search for her no equipment HiiTs, which range from 30-60+ mins. Beware, IMHO Julia's workouts are generally more intense than Cathe's. She's brutal.

Less intense from YouTube but still free: no equipment HiiT options from: 1. Fitness Blender; and 2. Sydney Cummings.

Repeating suggestions for Michelle Dozois (Cardio Interval workouts from the Peak series) and Amy Dixon's Breathless Body series. Never heard of Julia, so I had to go look - previewed some of her workouts, and WOW, she really is a beast. I might have to agree that they look much harder than Cathe's.

@jacmar - At some point I totally want to try out Julia, but right now it's a pain to do YT in my workout room. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it! ;-)

@gypsymom - You might want to look into picking up the whole set of Michelle's Peak 10 workout series if you like HIIT/Metabolic, but high impact workouts. It's an older series, so you can get it way cheap when it goes on special. I've seen the set go on Total Fitness DVDs as a Daily Special for something like 29.95 or 39.95(?). It's a great deal because her single DVDs are normally 19.95. The Peak10/PeakFit system as a whole is very metabolic/HIIT. Even her "Cardio Strength" workouts have a "Peak" built into the end of each interval (which you do without weights). The workouts are between 4-5 intervals, I think. The Cardio Strength DVDs are more like metabolic weight training workouts, so you can't go too heavy in them. (Think Cathe's To The Max, Crossfire, Supercuts, etc.) She does have a couple of "Pure Strength" workouts included in the system, but they also have a cardio effect for me. She moves quickly and for me, too quickly to go as heavy as you need to for a true "Pure Strength" workout.

Hi, I am wondering who is as intense as Cathe with HIIT. The only other one I've done is Reebok Intense Step. I see other workouts, but sometimes they look like they are more circuit-type than hiit. I just want the intervals with minimal weight use and high intensity. I don't mind light weight like Cathe uses for low impact to add intensity. But, I don't want to do a strength circuit. . . Thanks!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/redefiningstrengthOC/videos This girl is amazing! I use a lot of her videos. Her name is Cori Lefkowith

I enjoy BJ Gaddour. There are videos on YouTube and Instagram. I’ve created my own workouts based on his exercises. Depending on the exercises and my goals, I do 50 seconds of work and 10 seconds rest before moving on to the next exercise. I usually do 5-6 exercises per round for 5 rounds. Active rest 1-2 mins between rounds. I increase the number of exercises in the round if I decrease the amount of work time. By the time I’m done I’m a hot sweaty mess.

I've been working out with Julia, at least twice a week since the first of the year. Some days I feel like i've been dragged through a keyhole backwards, but l am addicted. Some workouts are harder than others, but all I can say is wow! Just wow! She's very fond of burpees!

Another vote for Julia!!! Fit Body by Julia is my all time favorite workout channel. Julia whips me into shape like no one else. It is because of her that I finally got better at push ups because she encourages you to always complete the push up in a burpee. My overall strength and fitness improved tremendously by working out with her. I still can't lift as heavy as her and I often shorten her workouts, so don't feel like you can't do her workouts or feel intimidated to try. There is no shame in modifying or shortening workouts! I found by just diving in and doing what I could that over time I found myself trying more and more and slowly increasing what I could do. Her workouts are totally addictive. <3

There is a really old Gin Miller intense step workout....I can't even remember what it was called....she is wearing a baseball cap turned backward on the cover......more like IMAX just not dancey at all....but tough!!! She shows modifications for every move....on VHS but the DVD is out there....old but still expensive.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.