Who Cares? Springing into April

Ronne

Cathlete
Hi everyone

I didn't see a new thread so thought I'd get us started. It sounds like everyone's been busy with other stuff.

Lisa - that's fab news about your foot/ankle. A little Easter miracle!

We've been away on holiday for a week. Had a great time. Lots of fresh air, food and relaxation. Back at my desk now and flat out. Did X10 FBC to get me back in the groove. It did the job!

Hi ladies! Been a bicycling maniac. 9 on Saturday, 11 on Sunday and 6 today. Ankle hurts a bit behind the ankle bone, maybe because dry needling effects wore off? I don't think I overdid it. So I'm a bit bummed cuz I was doing so good. Was supposed to do long bike ride with BFF tomorrow but forecast is calling for high winds so reschedule to Fri. That gives me time to get my ankle feeling better with more dry needling on Wed. With each treatment they do more needles and the cumulative effect should be beneficial. Ronne, holiday sounds nice, my DS just got back from Ireland, he loved it, makes me want to go. Hi to everyone else! Off to do my therapy exercises, all the balancing is hard work! And the firewalkers every day! Ugh

Hi

Lisa - you really go for it when you find something you like, don't you? Just be careful ... Did he have a few pints of Guinness while he was there?!

Yoga for me, in the last two weeks of the programme. Really seeing progress now, it's amazing how much difference it's made.
Sun is shining and I've hung washing out for the first time this spring. Flowers are out in the garden and everything's looking nice. And I mowed the lawn at the weekend for the first time.

ICE ub today. Tomorrow is massage and pt then dry needling so taking a rest day. Ronne, yes he did have a few and took the special tour (I think that was about $200 per person - I forget what the euro amount was, he'd always convert to what it was in dollars when describing to me). He really impressed me with his travel knowledge, told him and his wife that if they go to Germany and Austria that if they allow us to tag along that we'll pick up the hotel or B&B cost. I do enjoy the bike trails, riding on the roads not so much. It's the only thing I can do to get the endorphin rush (love that feeling).

Hi there

Lisa - it looks like just you and me at the moment. Do you think the others haven't found us yet? I'm going to Vienna in May with my mum for a few days. Never been so looking forward to it.

No exercise for me today, I did walk for an hour though. Good to get out.

HI girls! I was lost! Totatly forgot it's April! Today did RWH plyo 2, needed something quick. Lisa, how fun would Germany and Austria be? Hope you are feeling better. Ronne, Vienna? Sounds beautiful! Have you decided your family vacation yet for this year? I always love to hear of your plans! We are going to Boston next week, I'm getting excited. We heard from Harvard, thank goodness, they are being so generous to DS. I was worried we would be eating cat food for the next 4 years! Hello to everyone else. Have to pick up DS, take him to his night class and get to DS's track meet, wish me luck! Mary

Good Afternoon,

I haven't worked out lately work has been very stressful and DH is on vacation so getting up has been hard. I did X10 Fat Burning Circuit today and I didn't realize that there was no wt work and way to many jumping jacks my stomach from surgery still doesn't like jumping. Youngest DD was due yesterday but nothing has happened they are going to induce next Tuesday.

Lisa-it is really windy here been that way for a couple of weeks. I gave up the estrogen pill having migraines so not taking anything right now.

Ronne-sounds like a wonderful time

Mary-glad they are being generous

Good afternoon!

Roxie - sorry you've had so much stress. Have you been to the lake?

Mary - good to see you! Have fun in Boston. Sounds like things are really working out for DS. We're actually going a bit low key this year. We've just had a week away in a house near the sea. Then in July we're going to Lanzarote for a week (it's a Spanish island in the Canaries) and then Scotland in August for a week. No big two week trips this year, thought we'd do things a bit differently.

Did Supercuts. It was fun. It really keeps moving so you don't have to think much. Back on the gymnastics run again tonight.

Hi ladies! Today did a Cathe live, leg something. Today's workout looked like kickboxing, too many jumping jacks for me! Ronne, those trips sound fabulous! Especially the one in the Canaries! We are very grateful for DS's brain! Maybe going to Boston will really get it through my head that he made it into Harvard, it all seems a bit like a dream right now! Roxie, another baby to hold! Hope you are feeling better, you just had the surgery, 4-5 months ago, I would think the jumping would be irritating. Lisa, how are you feeling? Not much this evening, one more day this week, I'm tired! I think it's the chilly weather and rain, it begs for a nap! Mary

Hi Mary and everyone

We're enjoying a bit of nice spring weather at the moment. Nice to see sun at last. Did some yoga again today.
Going out to the cinema tonight with DH (very unusual!) to see Midnight Special. Have you heard of that Mary?
Rest of weekend will be cleaning I think, the house is looking a bit neglected ...

Hello! Today did a barre workout. Ronne, I never heard of that movie, I'll have to google it. Have fun with DH. Not much here this weekend either. I am going to clean tomorrow, house is suffering since I picked up an extra class. Sunday we have a open house to go to to meet all the people going to Harvard from this area. We are supposed to get a snowstorm tonight. Hope everyone else is well. Good evening to all! Mary

Hi everyone! Sorry to be MIA, I was down in the dumps with this ankle (yes I realize y'all are tired of hearing, imagine me tired of living it). So, Wed I did to ICE MM for biceps and I had doms afterward, even with half the weight! Had massage, my massage lady is retiring, she has back problems (spine L5/S1) and her spine dr said she needs to retire. Funny (not really haha funny) thing is, she's same age as I was when my neck problems started and she injured her back when young, just like I did my neck. So, then went to PT, ankle was hurting more from the increase in band strength(and only at 10 reps), they were good in saying that it shouldn't do that and maybe something else is going on, well that level set me as I was feeling just happy at walking at the stores and getting out but I'm soooo far from back to my old self. So the next step is a PRP injection and I decided I'm going to go ahead with that and hope that all the great results that others get help me because the next option after that is surgery. So I had to do some soul searching to get to this decision as I have to stop anti-inflammatories for 2 weeks, then have the injection, go back in the boot for a week, then still 4 weeks of no anti-inflammatories (not sure how much exercise I can do, I know the info I have from the dr on it says 3 days of no exercise but I'm betting it's 1 week since I remember him saying in the boot for a week). So then Friday I finally got my BFF to do a bike ride, in the morning we were both 'blah' (me from ankle, her from grief still, both of us because a co-worker passed this week ---hearing more and more people I know passing, so sad as they aren't all that old (70)....maybe I just hang out with too old of people...haha). Anyway, the ride was just what we both needed, we felt so good during and after (endorphin rush!). She's ready to go again, hopefully before my PRP. We did 23 miles and the hills added up to 650 ft elevation....so that's about 2 of my hardest long rides. Ronne, isn't spring great?! love it, so wish I wasn't allergic to the trees! I had migraine on thursday too and the pollen isn't helping! How was the movie? Mary, that's so awesome about Harvard! What is he going to major in? Roxie, sometimes I wonder if the patch is causing some migraines....kinda how I was when younger with a fertile body full of hormones :) Maybe the migraines come one when my body actually produces some estrogen then along with the patch it's like how it was right before you'd have TOM as I had migraines back then. One thing to ask my dr about when I go back to that dr. I hate going to drs! I so do not want to be old! Maybe I need to find younger friends .... hahahah I digress....later girls!

Happy Saturday! Today did Cathe live kickboxing. Lisa, I'm sorry you are having so many issues. It gets so frustrating. Will your therapist recommend another therapist? One that is as good as her? So glad you had fun with BFF! Snow came, only 6 inches. More on one day that we got all winter! Hope everyone is well! Have to finish cleaning, run to target. Not much else! Mary

Hi all

Lisa - oh no, your massage lady! What are you going to do? She's been so brilliant. Kind of ironic that she's injured as well. So will you be stopping the PT for the injection? This is all so dispiriting for you.

Mary - snow?!

Took Saturday off, then did 3 sections of Tabatacise yesterday. Planning to do KCM kettlebells today. Also got to go into town to get a few boring bits and pieces.
Film was really good on Friday, though there was hardly anyone in the cinema.

Good Morning,

I did KCM Cardio Pump before work. Youngest DD is in labor so we will have grandbaby #3 before the day is over. We went to the lake yesterday it wad almost 80 today upper 50's.

HI all. Sorry to be absent, all is well. I rode my bike today, gentle ride nothing major. Our basement is close to being done, the rug was put in Saturday. I tried to hook-up the computer but could not get it to work. I can play dvd's on an old player but the buttons stick a little. Eh, I will make it work. Oh, I had the last of my harder-on-the-body chemo. I have about a year's worth of the "more gentle" treatment. I find out in about two weeks when I get my permanent implants (versus the temporary implants).

Sorry for lack of personals.
Waves to all.

Murphy

ICE ub today. Made appt for prp injection (Apr 22nd). Mary, for me she's recommending someone in Boulder, I'm waiting to see if she will still massage if I get a table so that she doesn't have to haul one because she doesn't bend over me very long for my massage. Ronne, that's a good question. I'm pretty sure no activity for a couple weeks. I sure hope I will be allowed to bike after 2 weeks. Murphy, good to hear from you. Roxie, congratulations!

HI all! Running late today, I did a Cathe live earlier. Had to get my roots done. Murphy! Glad the hard one is all over! Roxie, congrats on the baby! Lisa, I hope this works for you! Ronne, we got about 6 inches, yikes! Gone now because all it did was rain today! Reception went well yesterday, nice kids. A couple of awkward smart ones. We were quite out of our element, we hob-nobbed with a federal judge, a nuclear physicist, etc! Have a good evening, see you Wednesday! Mary

Good Evening,

Quick update they did an emergency C-Section baby weighs 5lbs 4oz 18" long and he was 5 days overdue he is on oxygen and a feeding tube.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.