Who cares - HO HO HO!

fitover40

Cathlete
Hey ladies! Getting us started. I just had my massage so want to make this quick and relax my neck. Massage lady looked at my ankle and she wrapped it. She thinks there is something going on at this point and if it is still bad after Disney to get myself to an ortho. Her guesses......there is no swelling, just a little knot so her guess is that the tendon is irritated. Maybe a chipped bone (I had a chipped bone in that ankle at age 19 so wonder if something happened from that), a cyst, or possibly a partial tear (though I don't remember doing anything major to it, it's been more a gradual thing). So wish me luck on all the Disney walking! She said keep it taped up. She said if it was still hurting after Disney to go to ortho, they may start with an xray, may need a MRI, she gave me a dr name. DH wanted to go ahead and make an appt, so I have one on Dec 18th. Gosh I hope I can get thru Disney! WHY do things like this have to happen?????

Hi all
I've got flu! Feeling pretty sorry for myself, so will be back when I'm better. Mary, can you work out for all of us?!!

Hello girls! Ronne, oh no! I hope you feel better quickly! Lisa, when do you leave? It's probably best to get it checked, it's been bothering you for a while now. Roxie, how are you? Are you coming home today? Everyone is falling apart! At the same time! I did work out, I did a Linda Wooldridge workout I got, a barre fusion sort of thing, it was long! Not much here, have been purging the house, now it's all out in the garage, I'll have to purge that to Goodwill! Youngest DS get his braces on tomorrow, haven't heard the end of his crabbing, eldest DS is totatly on edge waiting to see if he gets into Harvard next week, DH has been a working fool, so haven't really seen him, DD and I are the only normal ones! Hahaha! Hope everyone heals quickly! Have a good day! Mary

Good Afternoon,

I just got home a little bit ago hoping I sleep better tonight I only slept and hour last night and about that much during the day.

Hi girls! Today did a Tonique workout. Roxie, hope you got some sleep! That works wonders! Ronne, hope you are feeling better. Lisa, what are you up to? Hello to Murphy and Jody! Have to get in the shower, get DS from school and plant my fanny in the waiting room of the orthodontist, better bring a book! Have a good day! Mary

Good Morning,

I feel guilty just sitting around I want to do something but standing up straight hurts. I am going to try a shower this afternoon.

Lisa-I am now using Monivelle estrogen patches suppose to change it twice a week.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just stopping in to say hi. Mary, you're carrying us for working out so make us proud! I leave Sunday morning (very early) for Disney. Ronne, hope you feel better! I'm so worried of catching something on my trip. As long as it's after I get back! Roxie, I'm antsy from laying around and soooooo bored! I hope all this rest on my ankle/foot helps, it doesn't hurt right now and I hope I rest it enough to get through my trip. It feels stupid resting when I have no real diagnosis, so at least you are resting with dr orders! Don't feel guilty! I have an ortho appt set up when I get back. I forget my brand patches (I'm sure it's generic), I change 2x a week. I'd much prefer a daily thing it's hard for me to remember. I have a reminder on my phone. I probably won't be back wish me luck that my ankle/foot holds out for my trip! I see peopel are saying they walk 20,000 steps a day, that's not near as bad as I was thinking. I think with that I should make it through most of the trip, especially with wrapping and an ankle brace.

Hi girls! Lisa, have fun! 20,000 steps!? That's a workout! Roxie, how are you feeling today? I know when I had my c-sections it felt like I had been hit with a sledge hammer, it does get better quick tho. Ronne, how are you? Hope you are on the mend! Costco trip today, basketball starts this weekend, braces put on, he got red and green for the holidays, now that it's over he's better! Now, just waiting on emails for the oldest boy! Fingers crossed! Have a good day! Mary. I did workout too! Can't remember the name tho!

Good Afternoon,

Another lazy day but I am feeling better all bandaides have been removed my belly button is the worst area I pull on it when I stand up

Hello! Today did Cathe's upper body live, I did workout this weekend, it's escaping me tho! Roxie, when is your follow up? I hope you are feeling better today. Ronne, how are you feeling? I saw pics of Lisa no her friend on Facebook, looks like they are having fun! Hello to Jody and Murphy! Not much here, have just been cleaning and whatnot, I really need to start my Christmas shopping! I do get to get my roots done today! Good day to all! Mary

Good Afternoon,

I had to make an unexpected trip to the doctor I now have a UTI so frustrating I just want to get better.

Hi everyone

Finally emerging from the flu cave!

Roxie - how frustrating for you. Sounds like you're making a good recovery otherwise though.

Mary - thanks for keeping up the workouts! Have nice trip to the hairdresser.

Well, that was horrible. Worst I've felt in a long time. I did some very gentle exercise yesterday and today but I'm not ready for Cathe yet. Fortunately, work wasn't too busy so I could take the time off.
Feel like I'm really behind with my Christmas preparations now. Need to buy some cards for a start!

Hello! Today did tabatacize. Ronne, so glad you are on the mend! Must have been miserable! Roxie, it is so hard to be still when you are used to being busy. I know I dream about being lazy, then when I HAVE to be lazy, I want to be busy! Hope everyone else is well, roots done, now I need to get my Christmas list mad and get out there! Good day to all! Mary

Good Morning,

I am feeling ten times better today even did some dusting but I would really love to walk but DH is mad because I dusted.

Mary-I thought it would be great to be lazy but now I know better.

Ronne-having the flu is awful so glad I got a flu shot before I did all of this.

Hi everyone! I've been working out pretty regularly- KCM's for about a month and this past month RWH. I think the new workouts are going to be great, I'm really looking forward to them- moves, music, everything. I also enjoyed my RWH time. So I'm working full time nights at one job and a couple shifts a month at other job. Its going OK except that night shift is what it is. Shrug. Food has been good and I've lost a bit (I'm down to 130!) and feel good. I actually joined one of the Nutritional Guru cleanses, didn't really participate, but it got me moving in the right direction. I read a blog by Dr Jason Fung, from Canada that really resonates with me. I miss you all, but I just don't keep up w/ email, FB, and forum. Ha, you prob noticed. I'm pretty much a social drop out. I pop in and read once in awhile and am keeping fingers crossed for Harvard, hoping for good health for all and wish I was also planning a trip to Magic Kingdom or some hiking adventure.

Hi all

Roxie - glad to hear you're doing better. I know what you mean about enforced laziness, it sounds great until you have to do it!

Mary - good workout!

Jody - good to see you. Well done on sticking with RWH - I don't see that in my future for a while!

No workout today but I did cycle to visit someone so that counts! DD came home early from school and went to bed. I hope she doesn't get it like we did.

Hi girls! Today did SS! Have to get back to lifting weights, I don't want jelly arms! Jody! We've missed you! Glad to hear all is well, night shift is rough! I'm so excited for the new ones, they look amazing from what I've seen! Ronne, you and DH both had the flu? How awfulness! I hope DD feels better! Roxie, glad to hear everyday is getting a bit better. When do you have to go back to work? Looks like Lisa's ankle is bothering her in Disney, but still looks like she's having fun! Hi Murphy! Not much here, really have to get shopping! Good day to all! Mary

Good Morning,

I am so bored going crazy.

Mary- good question I don't know yet could be another two weeks I see the doctor next week I would like to go back for at least half days.

Ronne-sorry to hear dd is sick.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.