Who cares? Enjoying June 2016

Ronne

Cathlete
Hi everyone
It's another new month!! Where is this year going?
Had a great day out with DD yesterday. We went to a gallery, then lunch, then shopping in markets in the afternoon. Managed to spend not too much money.
CRF premix done today. Felt good.

HI girls! Really late today! I did some barre and mowed the grass. Graduation weekend! We had baccalaureate last night, so beautiful, I shed many tears! We have a grad party tomorrow , 2 on Saturday , graduation and lunch on Sunday, work Monday. I probably won't be back until Tuesday. Ronne, that sounds like a lovely day! Hello to everyone else! I'm posting to avoid watching the basketball game, our team , Cleveland Cavaliers is falling behind, making me nervous! Good night to all! Mary

Hi all! I've been.....you guessed it.....cycling. We went last weekend and ordered an power assist bike with high swept back handlebars because all these hours on the bike I have tires out my neck/shoulder girdle area and turns into major sore pain. We tried them out Tuesday on a beautiful path up to the foothills (never could have ridden that path without power), didn't get to take pics as my son was going fast and not stopping! Unfortunately the day ended with him crashing the tandem we rented....major road rash for him and his GF. I felt down as I felt responsible (don't want to go into specifics), then they didn't have a seat for suki that fits on the bike, so not sure I can get it now. Went out yesterday for short ride and same ache/pain is back in neck/upper back, I so want this bike, they are ordering a seat to try for suki. If it all works out DH will get one too! Meanwhle I'm just doing short rides since we have DS dog and he can't come (DH goes to dog park for him, I take suki for little ride). I did go to PT Wed, I'm balancing so well on the blue blow up disc that has been so tough so I'm making progress but still taking VERY slow as the slightest overuse in walking triggers pain again. I really should be getting back to the podiatrist soon for checkup, not sure what he will do but say let's wait another 6 wks because he said injection could take up to 3 mths. I'm learning BALANCE of not over doing it. There was a post in the forum that really sums it all up. So instead of 'just keep swimming' I'm 'just keep moving'! LOL name that movie that is from!

This is the post
a74402b51d7d25c8fd5d8d8bf801ded2.jpg

Hi all

Lisa - hope you can get the bike you want. Sounds like you need it for all those hills. You're doing really well at not overdoing it :)

Mary - what a weekend! I think you'll need a holiday at the end of all that!

Got my work done - woke up early this morning thinking about it! No exercise as I had to go to see someone in hospital which took two hours out of my day. I may be able to do some yoga later.
Hoping for a quieter weekend, I could do with a break!

hi ladies! How was your weekend? Mary, you must be so proud of your graduates! Ronne, did you get your quiet weekend? We didn't do anything since we were dog sitting, DS and his GF got back from Vegas and went back to KS on Sunday, so DH and I did a little bike ride ( 7 miles) Sunday night to get Suki's energy out. There were lots of bunnies on the trails. This morning we did a 10.5 mile bike ride. Lots of hills trying to explore a new trail, we are so ready to get those power assisted bikes!

Hello everyone

Lisa - yes it was a bit quieter, thanks. How's the foot?

Been getting the workouts in. I've moved on to KCM, so did YBB2 at the weekend, Slim Sculpting 2 yesterday and Trim Down 1 today. Quite busy with work so it's good just to do the 30 minutes.
The weather has finally improved after a miserable week, sun shining, t-shirts on.

HI ladies! Today did a barre workout. Graduation was beautiful, not too many tears! Back to normal here, for a bit! Lisa, all those bike miles! Does your butt get too sore? Ronne, isn't KCM coming out with some new ones? Just have to get some cleaning done, haven't touched it since Friday, looks neglected. Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

13.5 mile ride, I'm actually enjoying these rides! The app I use to track them (Strava) said I had many personal records! My legs felt strong! Suki ran with DH like a mad dog and I had a hard time keeping up going up the hills. Mary, lol, sometimes yes, I take butt breaks! The seat on the electric bike is even more cushy, I don't think I've posted a link? http://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/shop/step-thru-interceptor/
I'm counting on it working with a basket for suki, hopefully we'll hear something at the end of the week. Ronne, the foot is ok, as long as I don't walk too much. I really have no reason to walk a lot with the bike now so I'm just giving it the time it needs to heal. It does feel like it's healing. For example, I've split up the different PT exercises doing a little bit each day (instead of all at once), by the evening, the muscles twitches once in a while and sometimes when it twitches I feel a bit of pain, so I think the secret is doing a little but not too much to activate the tendons to heal. That's my theory, I may see what doc says in a couple weeks. My neck has been better even with all this bicycling (still on old bike), I changed up my pillow (putting rolled towel under my neck), I think it's helping. So bought yet another pillow. I've had to buy different pillows all my life, sigh. Some work for a while, some never work (like the chiropracter one). I hope this new one helps, I got the idea of rolled towel from it. Here's the funky pillow http://www.amazon.com/Therapeutica-...psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00 I kept thinking my upper back needed supported, and this pillow seemed to say it (I sleep on back since neck fusion). Fingers crossed!

Hi everyone

Lisa - great photo! That's a big advantage of your new fitness regime, you're not stuck in front of a screen anymore. That could be round here. Wow, that's an expensive bike!

Mary - oh, I didn't know about that. Will have a look.

DD just went to the shop and got us ice-creams, she was 50p short but the shop owner let her off!
Did RWH LIH 1. Got pretty sweaty. It's lovely and warm. We are actually having summer!

Good morning! Today did a cardio workout I found on YouTube involving a chair, it was way harder than I anticipated! Youngest DS has his last day of school today, he will be a high school freshman next year! Time flies! Lisa, that is some bike! Is it like a scooter? Or do you still have to pedal? Are you getting two of them? Ronne, what a sweet man! I have to mow the grass today, at least it's chilly for that activity! Good day to all! Mary

14.5 miles today. Foot hurts a bit, I think I overdid it yesterday, walked in front yard back and forth a couple times for sprinkler and it's sloped, I didn't have my ankle brace on, then today I felt it a bit on the push up the hill over the highway. I decided to get into dr for my 6 wk checkup to make sure the plan I have in place won't put me at risk of injuring it further and see what he says. I know I don't want another injection or surgery until winter. Ronne, I told DH that we deserved the bikes since we don't go on expensive vacations. Funny thing is, I'm so much stronger on the bike now sometimes I feel I don't need the power anymore, but then I hit a hill.......and start wanting some help and cursing these hills! Yes, it's fun getting out and I actually think I'm burning more calories. for example, a cathe cardio workout may register 300 calories for an hour then another hour dog walk maybe another 250. Today's bike ride for 2 hrs was 750. I just love getting out (except ran into a crabby person today, geez). I'll post today's picture in next post. That was nice of the shop owner! Mary, you wouldn't have to pedal but then you'd use up the battery more, so you'd only get 20 miles tops from the battery. Some of the bike paths don't allow motorized bikes, I've seen a video where they turn off the battery. I'll still use the battery for help up the hills, I think they just don't want you going fast on the trails (bike can only go 20mph at top speed, I've had some bicyclist passing me like I was sitting still when going 15---and that's under their own power). Yes DH will be getting one. The dog seat is supposed to be in tomorrow and we are going to get a hitch for bike rack and while they are doing it we'll go over to the bike shop to check out the basket and DH can shop. Ronne, did I tell you the guy at the bike shop that is helping us is from England? He was surprised when I said 'he was in a muck' and then 'and Bob's your uncle'. Told him I was trying to make him feel at home! :). Then he taught be gubbins....as in making sure to get all the stuff (gubbins) out of the box. Did I get that right?

Sorry you have to see these pictures twice Mary, but seriously what was this bird doing? He was just out there standing like this for quite a few minutes!
dd69b8802cd44647ceedc4adf58bca2e.jpg

Hello

Lisa - it's drying its wings. We saw that in Australia last year, loads of birds first thing in the morning, just standing there with their wings out. I think your bike man might be a northerner (like me) as I use gubbins (when I've got to sort out bank stuff or do my accounts, I always say I've got to do my financial gubbins!).

Mary - that's the problem with those free workouts, you don't know what you might get! :) How many years does he have at high school?

We've still got five weeks of term to go yet. DD is doing a test today.
Did KCM Split Sessions LB. Not as hard as I remember, which is a good thing!
Doing the usual gym trip tonight, catch up with my reading!

Hello! Today did today's Cathe live, I thought it was hard! Ronne, 5 more weeks? Then are you going on vacation? DS has four more years. He's a little disappointed, he tried out to play bass drum for the marching band, but he got cymbals. He feels better because his sister got cymbals for college. Gotta start at the bottom! Lisa, that is an amazing bike! I know I would never get my money's worth. It seems as tho you and DH (Suki too!). Certainly will! Not much today, everyone but youngest DS and I have work, I will have to find some trouble for us! Mary

Just 10 miles today. Ronne, yea, someone told me it looked like a cormorant. I have never seen a bird airing out his armpits, er wings. Where are you vacationing this year? Mary, it's a good life lesson...starting at the bottom! I worry sometimes I may not get my money's worth too, especially when I see no motorized bikes on the paths I like to ride. I'm not a road rider at all! Especially not in this traffic here. The battery will surely help going up these hills especially in the gravel, hopefully no one turns me in for using the motor! I was reading all the rules here in CO about ebikes, boo! Some people ruin it for those of us that need the option since we are, er, of an age that we need a little help(heck I always needed help on bicycling up hills). Some people amaze me with what they can do! I just don't have those genetics! Hope you don't get into too much trouble!

Oh, forgot to tell you, went to podiatrist yesterday. He is happy with my progress (I figure I'm 75% there), tested my strength. Explained to me why things are taking so long and hurting where it does. So. ankle (below, outside) I have an extra bone! The bone is right where this tendon is and goes around it so it's a constant source of irritation, that's why it's taking so long. Then, where I feel it on the top from ankle to little toes, he says is an extra tendon! I'm probably compensating in my walk so that has some tendonitis. I need to try to walk and not compensate, I'm getting there! So, only 30% of people have this extra bone and only 30% of people have this extra tendon....so I guess that makes me special! I can (and should) now ice it when I overdo it a wee bit, and take anti-inflammatory (mobic). Yea, I have been craving to do these the last couple of days. Glad I went and got explanations and eased my conscientous. The first doc did tell me about the extra bone but never explained it (actually I felt he poo poo'd my pain, like boooooo, I can't make money off of this because it's not a surgical candidate). And actually first never even told me to come back, this podiatrist wants to recheck in 6 wks....it's like he cares!

Hi ladies

Quick visit today. Did some yoga and now I'm off into town to hunt for a Father's Day present with DD and, more importantly for her, get her some shoes!
Have a nice weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.