Which videos gave you the best results?

fittwin

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute to ask everyone of all of Cathe's videos, which ones do they enjoy most and which ones gave them the fastest results with weight loss, toning, and endurance?

Your friend in fitness,
Traci

I started off with BS/BF and low impact step. But when I graduated to Cardio & Weights and IMAX 2 I noticed slimmer hips & thighs, firmer glut, shoulders popped, and more biceps. I've incorporated Boot camp, Muscle Endurance, & KPC and have noticed an overall firmness (no more jigglies). My husband has noticed too. I really try to eat well also,but I have a long way to go with that.

I'm a past firm user. I've worked out with Cathe for about one year, but I've been more consistent the past three to four months. I've noticed more positive changes in my body this past year, especially these recent months, than using the FIRM.

Love cathe workouts!!
Carmen

Thanks for that info. I LOVE Imax 2. I like C and W as well but the intensity isn't as high. I also love Step Blast, that workout is killer! I want to try Imax 3, it looks brutal, I would hope that I would see even better results with that.

I used only SB/SJP and KPC/LG last year when I was getting ready for the Bahamas and it got me into shape superquick!

Of course I'm 3 months post partum and am having an awful time getting rid of the pooch. Some people tell me I'm rushing it, but my weight nor my abs seem to be declining...very frustrating! :(

The Gym Style Series really rocks for strength and toning!

Muscle Max for endurance.

All Imax workouts for burning calories.

(GS is my absolute favorite!)

Robin

Gosh this makes me want to take out a loan and buy every single DVD!!!!!

I have to start compiling my list and the order in which I want my DH to buy them! :p

I have been working out for years and have had the best results ever following a rotation with the Gyms Styles alternating with cardio, specifically Kick Max, Imax 2, and another cardio of choice. I'm an hourglass frame and have always had to wear relaxed fit jeans. I have lost about 10 pounds and have slimmed down a lot. I no longer need relaxed fit jeans and I'm buying smaller shirts and bras. Yay!!!

How do you work this rotation, Kelly?

Hi Kelly,

I'm wondering if you would post a little sample of your routine? I haven't used my Gym Style workouts yet (I've had them since they came out, just haven't worked my way back up to strength and cardio after my pregnancy in 2004 - yikes!!) I'd be interested in how you work this.

Thanks,
Tricia

RE: How do you work this rotation, Kelly?

Hi Tricia, I just simply alternate weights and cardio. Something like this.

Sunday - Gym Style Legs
Monday - Imax 2
Tuesday - Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps
Wednesday - Cardio of choice
Thursday - Gym Style Chest and Triceps.
Friday - Kick Max

I don't always do them in that order, but I do try not to do Kick Max on back to back days with either Gym Style Legs or Gym Style Back Shoulders, and Biceps since Kick Max works all the same body parts and I'm usually sore.

I also try to do another activity at least 3 days a week such as bowling in addition to the above workouts. I also sometimes alternate different cardio workouts. This week I did Cardio Kicks instead of Kick Max for a change of pace. And sometimes if I am too busy and have less days to workout, I'll do Muscle Max to get in all the body parts. But the above rotation is the ONLY rotation I have ever followed that made my butt/legs smaller and that is saying a lot as I'm now 43, and I've been exercising since I was 17.

Kelly,

Thanks for the post. I really want to give this series a try soon and this looks very workable. I appreciate you getting back so quickly!

Tricia

I had very good results with the CTX series. It's very tough and I had to modify some of the high impact stuff, but I still lost fat. I didn't gain quite as much definition as I wanted in the upper body, but I didn't lose anything either. The ab/core work in that series is terrific and doesn't require any equipment which I really like.

These days I do the Gym Styles a lot, but I go back to CTX to work my abs because it's so challenging and effective.

Hi Traci,

For me Pyramid Upper and Pyramid Lower workouts continue to challenge me and give me great results. My muscles must really respond to that type of weight lifting strategy and I always get DOMS with these workouts. I do change it up to keep from overdoing them. This month I'm doing 3 total bodies and 3 cardios. I did do the Pyramid Bonus workout twice since I'm addicted to those, but mainly did ME, MM, and PH. When September rolls around I'm back to my beloved Pyramids!

Beth

Traci,

In the many rotations that are available out there, and want to do, all of her DVD's is a must have. I do a different rotation every month, and I'm sure I've hit everyone of her workouts at least once. Variety, eating clean, and consistency is key.

Janie

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."
-My mother, Mary Cooper-

I have two questions..

First one is for Beth -

Doing 3 total body workouts (Per week, right?) and 3 cardio : Which cardio do you like to do on this rotation?

Also, a general question: What does DOMS stand for? I feel silly, but I'd rather be silly and educated than silent and in the dark!!

Thanks,
Tricia

I also agree with Jane on the CTX ab work. They are my favorites and I've gotten the best results with those. I've always had flat abs, but never had any kind of definition until I started using the CTX series.

Not a silly question. It stands for Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. Usually happens after you've done either a difficult workout or one where you've used different muscles you haven't used before.

I have all of Cathe's workouts but the ones that give me the best results are the CTX workouts. For two reasons, a CTX rotation is a rotation I can stick with (I have a short attention span!) and the 30 minute workouts fit perfectly in my crazy schedule, so I'm able to get lots of cardio in. Lots of cardio=fat loss=muscle definition!

fat loss:
Bootcamp, the High Step workouts, steady state cardio (RS, PowerMax, Step Blast, Step Works), KPC, KM combos, cardio workouts in CTX series

toning (I assume this means strength):
Pure Strength series, Pyramids (go as heavy as possible with longer rests between sets), MIS, Gym Styles, Cathe's May 2005 rotation, CTX-UB split (also go heavier, rest longer)

endurance:
PH, ME, MM, the upper body segments of BodyMax -- sometimes I pair up upper body segments of these workouts (I train legs differently) as such: PH-UB + BodyMax UB, ME-UB + MM-UB, and other such combinations

Pinky

Beth,

Thanks for the post. I did Imax 3 #1-5 and Coremax #1 yesterday, and I just have to say how much I LOVE Imax 3!!! But I had a weird feeling repeatedly, I kept saying to myself that I didn't remember it being so fun and how could that be? Then I realized that since I usually do Premixes for lack of time, I tend to do the last five intervals. (With the mistaken assumption that those 5 tend to be the tougher ones - boy was I wrong!) I don't think I'd done the first five intervals before, and I totally loved them as I was huffing and puffing!

I think today I'll do something like Step, Jump and Pump.

Thanks for all the info, this thread has been very helpful.
Tricia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.