Which rebounder?

cathe4me2

Cathlete
Hi Everyone who uses a rebounder,
What should I look for in buying one? I see a few on line. Some fold and others have bars, etc. There is a considerable difference in price ranges as well. Where did you get yours, and what brands do you like?
Thanks for your help.

I have the Urban Rebounder which I bought on HSN.com. It comes with a safety bar which I am glad I did not pay extra for, since I never use it (it felt really awkward to me and I don't need it). My rebounder is pretty sturdy and has great bounce, so I like it quite a lot. It also came with several DVDs with a bunch of workouts, so I found that to be a great deal. I think it was under $100, and they have a money-back guarantee.

Good luck!
Marie

The Needak is the only American made rebounder but is pretty expensive. I would like to get one to support American business and whatnot but I don't think I want to spend that kind of money. So I guess I'm going to bump this one as I could use advice myself!

I have a Needak, which is what Urban Rebounder used to sell before they came up with their own rebounder.

I'd look for a Permatron mat (Urban Rebounder and Needak have one, as do some others) and large springs (you don't want one that has cotton webbing instead of springs).

The bar isn't necessary unless someone has bad balance (some senior citizens or very overweight people, perhaps?).

Mind folds in 1/2, which is nice for storage, but I leave it up most of the time.

HSN sells the Urban Rebounder.
QVC might also? (If so, I'd order through them, because they have excellent customer service and a no-hassle return policy).

I purchased my urban rebounder from hsn. I am fine with it and preferred it over the other because of the springs.

If you go to hsn.com and then to urban rebounder and scroll down you will find what others have to say on the product. I did this before I bought it and found the biggest complaint was that it was very hard to fold. If you are limited on space (I use the basement so I don't need to keep folding it) and need to fold it, apparently it is a pain in poochie to do this. That was the only complaint I read about it.

The other ones dont have springs and I don't like it nor did I feel 'safe' on it for some reason.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and suggestions. A friend of mine just loaned me her rebounder for 3 weeks. The only wording on it says SFA. I haven't researched this company (whoever they are) yet. It does have springs instead of webbing though. My friend got a great deal....free at a yardsale. I don't think I will be able to find my rebounder will be that cheap. LOL

This SFA does not fold. I can see that folding would be greatly beneficial to me. I also can see you can get a great workout on this thing. I was surprised! I did the Blast section of Kick Max and tried to do "most" of the different moves, yet mostly I just jumped for the first time.
Thanks Kathyrn for suggesting how to use the workouts. :)

I shall keep looking. Thanks for helping me to see what to look for.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.