Which Heartrate Monitor

WD

Cathlete
I got two Academy Sports gift cards and cash for mother's day. Here are my choices for a hr monitor. Any input?? I have never had one so need it not to be to complicated and I want it to show calories burned as well. These are the ones I saw on their website.
Mio Drive
Mio Shape Select
Nike Triax C6 (has a chest strap)
Polar F11
Polar F6
Polar F4

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I have a Polar, which I really like. BUT, and it's a significant "but," the battery died in March...you're supposed to ship it somewhere, pay $13, plus return shipping, to get the battery changed. I find this uber-annoying and am going to try to find a watch repair place to fix it.

So, if one of them allows you to change your own battery, that would earn high scores with me!

Hi

I heard Suunto are nice. The consumers can change the batteries on their own. I ordered suunto t3c yesterday from Zappos.com. This will be my first HRM.

Hi Diane Sue, I have the Polar F6 and love it for indoor workouts! It does show calories burned as you work out and I like being able to transfer exercise data from the wrist unit to polarpersonaltrainer.com via Polar WebLink (SonicLink/Infrared). Polarpersonaltrainer.com can keep track of all your workouts and you can add others to it, like when I run as I use a Garmin for running. I get the batteries changed in this kind of watch at a local jewelers for about $10...:)

Hi,

I too have a Polar F6 and really like it. The battery died when I was on vacation in California. I was really bummed out because the book says you have to send it somewhere to get it replaced. I took it to one of those watch kiosks in a mall and the guy replaced it. It worked fine and it's been over a year now since I had it done.

Deb

I have a Polar F6 and love it. I was very pleased with my purchase. I hate to workout without wearing it. I am glad to hear that I can go to a jewelry kiosk and have the batteries changed. I have had mine for over a year now and still have not had to change the batteries.

I have a Polar F11, which I haven't used in a long time, but I really like (I have gotten too lazy to use a HRM regularly ;) ). When the battery died, I changed it myself. Sure, they SAY you have to ship it out to have the battery replaced, but chances are, when the battery dies, you'll already be out of the warranty period, so there's really not much incentive to do that. You can easily change the battery yourself, or take it to a local watch repair shop and have it done cheaply. :)

I took mine to one jeweler, and he couldn't figure it out LOL So much for *his* ability to repair watches, eh? LOLOLOL

I'll have to get to the watch kiosk -- on the to-do list for this week.

I have the Polar F11. It is very accurate and comfortable. Highly recommend. My friend has the nike HRM and it is not accurate.

Mary

I have polar f4 and I just ordered the Shape Select from MIO for Mothers Day. MIO is strapless so you can wear all day if you want to keep track of heart rate, it also lets you set a calorie goal.

Today will be the first day I use it for workout.

Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.