Which do you own more of: workout clothes or regular clothes?

Kit_

Cathlete
I was redoing my closet today, I bought hanging shelf thing from Bed and Bath and love it. I now have six shelves for clothes and stuff right in my closet, which is really good, as my closet is really skinny, it won't even allow you to use the big wide hangers. But the one thing I noticed is my workout clothes are starting to out number my normal clothes. Anyone else finding this or is it just me?

Kit

I wish!! I hate all my regular clothes and LOVE my workout clothes- those are much cuter! I'm probably about 70% regular, 30% workout.

After you're done with your closet, do you want to come over to my house and redo mine? :)

I'm the same as Amy, I have more of the regular clothes. I really need some more!

And kit you can come do my closet when you're done with amy's.

kim

RE: Which do you own more of: workout clothes or regula...

For me it's not the clothes, it's the SHOES!!!!!
I have walking shoes,hiking shoes, running shoes, aerobic shoes, cross training shoes, and my everyday tennis shoes (many pair). I don't dress up that often, so all I have for that is 2 pair of dressy shoes and boots for winter. Sandels for summer.:p
My 19 yr old dd is a TRUE shoe horse, and I joke that I am only an "athletic shoe horse". I can NEVER have too many!!;) :p :D

RE: Which do you own more of: workout clothes or regula...

My work out clothes are simply pathetic! :7 I definatley own far more regular clothes. My work out clothes consist of a few pairs of sweat shorts or terry shorts and a few sports bras...I don't go to a gym so I have no one to impress. :p

I have a separate dresser drawer for all workout clothes. I have more regular clothes, although some of my workout capri pants and kickboxing-style pants (for the cold season) are creeping into my closet. So are my workout shoes, when all my other pairs of shoes are scattered in various closets all over the house.:)

Pinky

I have two Rubbermaid boxes (the biggest) full of workouts clothes (one for tops, one for bottoms), but they don't outnumber my regular clothes.

Now workout SOCKS do outnumber my regular socks by quite a bit!

I actually cleaned out my closet and drawers a few weeks ago and then went shopping for w/o clothes because I realized my stash was just subpar! ;-) My wardrobe is dominated by WORK clothes, which means practically everything is black or gray and mostly of the suited variety. I would much rather buy workout clothes!

Cheers,
Marie

Okay so I'm the only one, granted most of my workout clothes double as work clothes unless I'm scheduled to work in the hospital then the dress career casual stuff comes out. But I do love workout clothes, they are so much more comfortable the my casual dress stuff. Plus workout clothes are so much easier to make it my size. Being short I usually have to hem the pants.

Now as for cleaning out your guy's closet, you may not want me to do that. You may never again find the stuff you want to wear with the way I organize. But then again you'll probably have room to go buy a lot more clothes.

Kit

Regular clothes, absolutely. There's no point having more than 4 pairs of shorts, socks and tops/bras. I have a washing machine and there's always clean stuff in my closet.

Fabulous, stylish street clothes I can never get enough of. My wardrobe bursts with them and I value my wardrobe as my most prized posssession. Steal my computer if you must, I can replace it easily enough, but the clothes in my wardrobe cannot now be replaced.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.