Which Disc Slider?

Anyone have a recommendation about which disc slider to buy for hardwood floors? There are several options on Amazon. Not sure which one to buy.

Beth:

most of us here are probably using the Cathe sliding discs which came with the Low Impact series when we bought it through pre-ordering. Quite honestly, I don't think there's much to choose between the different discs. It's a basic piece of equipment, so don't waste too much time on deliberation!

I took a look at the ones on the amazon pages, and if it were me, I'd probably go with these ones:

http://smile.amazon.com/Valslide-Pi...qid=1453681265&sr=1-24&keywords=gliding+discs

However, people give mixed reviews. Some say that you can get the same effect for about $20 less by getting furniture sliders:

http://smile.amazon.com/Reusable-Fu..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1ZTZFP47ZH69CRYD8KA5

If you look at the reviews by amazon purchasers, you'll see that several people commenting bought these specifically to replace the more expensive Valsldes (above link) and love them. Here, you get a pack of 4, not just 2, and you can easily, as one reviewer said, put the slide inside a tube sock to make it glide easily on hardwood floors. Thinking about it, this would be my choice! I've changed my mind!!

In the meantime, loosely tie a tea towel or duster cloth around your foot or just place your foot on a small towel and this is the perfect gliding tool. If this works, you might just forget buying anything at all. Give it a whirl!

NB: when I was growing up, my mother --occasionally, reluctant housewife!-- used to wax the long hardwood floor in our hallway leading to the front door, and then tie dusters to my feet and those of my sister. We then spent the next hour or so sliding up and down, ("wheeee!"), polishing the floor for her effortlessly. We were the original sliding disc workout originators!

Clare

when I was growing up, my mother --occasionally, reluctant housewife!-- used to wax the long hardwood floor in our hallway leading to the front door, and then tie dusters to my feet and those of my sister. We then spent the next hour or so sliding up and down, ("wheeee!"), polishing the floor for her effortlessly. We were the original sliding disc workout originators!

Your Mom is a real smart lady!! :)

Beth:

most of us here are probably using the Cathe sliding discs which came with the Low Impact series when we bought it through pre-ordering. Quite honestly, I don't think there's much to choose between the different discs. It's a basic piece of equipment, so don't waste too much time on deliberation!

I took a look at the ones on the amazon pages, and if it were me, I'd probably go with these ones:

http://smile.amazon.com/Valslide-Pi...qid=1453681265&sr=1-24&keywords=gliding+discs

However, people give mixed reviews. Some say that you can get the same effect for about $20 less by getting furniture sliders:

http://smile.amazon.com/Reusable-Furniture-Movers-Carpeted-Surfaces/dp/B001W6Q4VA/ref=pd_sim_200_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41KU3HdI3SL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1ZTZFP47ZH69CRYD8KA5

If you look at the reviews by amazon purchasers, you'll see that several people commenting bought these specifically to replace the more expensive Valsldes (above link) and love them. Here, you get a pack of 4, not just 2, and you can easily, as one reviewer said, put the slide inside a tube sock to make it glide easily on hardwood floors. Thinking about it, this would be my choice! I've changed my mind!!

In the meantime, loosely tie a tea towel or duster cloth around your foot or just place your foot on a small towel and this is the perfect gliding tool. If this works, you might just forget buying anything at all. Give it a whirl!

NB: when I was growing up, my mother --occasionally, reluctant housewife!-- used to wax the long hardwood floor in our hallway leading to the front door, and then tie dusters to my feet and those of my sister. We then spent the next hour or so sliding up and down, ("wheeee!"), polishing the floor for her effortlessly. We were the original sliding disc workout originators!

Clare

My sister and I use to do the same thing. We lived in a home with all hardwood. My mom waxed each spring and we were the dancing, spinning, and sliding polishers :)

no recommendation for the hardwood floors I have a rug on top of section of shock absorbent gym flooring tiles in my home gym and use furniture gliders

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.