WHFN and Joyce Vedral

bernajo

Cathlete
Hi Cathe-ites,

I'm curious if any of you have Joyce Vedral Workouts and what's your take. Also, have any of you pre-ordered the new FitPrimes?

While Cathe workouts will forever be my staple, I'm always looking for new things to mix in for variety, especially on days that I need shorter workouts. As intermediate/advanced exercisers, how would you rate Joyce and WHFN??

TIA,
Joy

I have some Joyce Vedral workouts that are collecting dust. I don't care for them at all.

When I am short on time I like the Tamilee Webb I Want That Body DVD. I can do a quick 15 minute workout on either my butt, arms, or abs.

Shirley

I have almost all the old fitprimes. The kickbut series is just the old FPs remade. The fitprimes are for the over the hill exercisers as Anna put it. I haven't preordered b/c I haven't touched a FP/Firm in...Well lets just say I'd have to go back serveral months in my journeral to my last FP rotation.

~Reece Out~

The Fitprimes are very similar to the old firm workouts with light weights and cardio interspersed. Joyce's newest workouts are very good- the Just Butt, thighs, arms. I also really enjoy her Speedy Nonstop. I like to switch to Joyce one in awhile because it is a faster workout just using dumbells, so not a lot of equipment to worry about. Overall I like the variety of all of these different workouts and instructors but they will never be as tough and challenging as Cathe's workouts. Cathe is really in a class of her own!

I have many, many exercise videos and just discovered Cathe. While I agree that I'd really love to just do Cathe's all the time now cuz I love her so much, I'm probably going to use the rest of my collection for recovery weeks and days when I want a quicker or easier workout. I have all of the old Firm tapes and Fitprime and just ordered the new series. I plan to be working out well into my 60's and 70's (sounds scary but true) and you never know when easier workouts might come in handy. I'm already 45, so I'm looking to the future. If I didn't think that way, since I've discovered Cathe, I may have gotten rid of most all of my videos....but again, I love variety....so I'm sure after I do Cathe's rotations for a while I start to mix it up a bit. However, Cathe is the best. I think you can still get a good, hard workout no matter who the instructor is by taking the intensity up yourself, pushing harder, using heavier weights, etc. This is what I do when I do a Firm tape (or whatever) that is easy....I amp it up and put more effort into it. Make sense?

>I have almost all the old fitprimes. The kickbut series is
>just the old FPs remade. The fitprimes are for the over the
>hill exercisers as Anna put it. I haven't preordered b/c I
>haven't touched a FP/Firm in...Well lets just say I'd have to
>go back serveral months in my journeral to my last FP
>rotation.
>
>~Reece Out~

Reesr Out - I borrowed Strong Bear from a friend once, and I thought it was challenging, and very good. A lot like classic and mid-era firm but with a twist. Are the remakes just as challenging, or did they lighten up on the intensity?

Joy

>I have many, many exercise videos and just discovered Cathe.
>While I agree that I'd really love to just do Cathe's all the
>time now cuz I love her so much, I'm probably going to use the
>rest of my collection for recovery weeks and days when I want
>a quicker or easier workout. I have all of the old Firm tapes
>and Fitprime and just ordered the new series. I plan to be
>working out well into my 60's and 70's (sounds scary but true)
>and you never know when easier workouts might come in handy.
>I'm already 45, so I'm looking to the future. If I didn't
>think that way, since I've discovered Cathe, I may have gotten
>rid of most all of my videos....but again, I love
>variety....so I'm sure after I do Cathe's rotations for a
>while I start to mix it up a bit. However, Cathe is the best.
> I think you can still get a good, hard workout no matter who
>the instructor is by taking the intensity up yourself, pushing
>harder, using heavier weights, etc. This is what I do when I
>do a Firm tape (or whatever) that is easy....I amp it up and
>put more effort into it. Make sense?

Yes, makes perfect sense. I am a lot liek you, I like variety and I like to take it easy some days. Cathe workouts really push me, but if I do them all out over a long period of time, I think I begin to cross my over training line. Plus, I want to use them forever, so I don't want to get bored with them from over use. This is how I feel about some of my Firms because I sued them repeatedly before I discovered Cathe. Now I just want to burn them! lol.

>The Fitprimes are very similar to the old firm workouts with
>light weights and cardio interspersed. Joyce's newest
>workouts are very good- the Just Butt, thighs, arms. I also
>really enjoy her Speedy Nonstop. I like to switch to Joyce
>one in awhile because it is a faster workout just using
>dumbells, so not a lot of equipment to worry about. Overall I
>like the variety of all of these different workouts and
>instructors but they will never be as tough and challenging as
>Cathe's workouts. Cathe is really in a class of her own!

Fitstick - Thanks for sharing. I am borrowing the Just Joyce series and Bottoms Up Gold from a friend. If I like them, I may have to buy a copy. I'm sure it will bring back memories. Joyce was my first "trainer" over 15 years ago when I studied the book that she wrote with Gladys Portuguese and learned about the revolutionary "light-weight" pyramid system! I'm excited to try her workouts again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.