where's the cheapest gas?

Cheapest gas? Probably in Iran and Saudi. Does anyone else feel that the middle east is trying to cripple democracy by using high gas prices to affect the economy?

Jeanie, when my family lived in Saudi it was something like thirty cents a gallon! It's higher now, as that was in the 80s/90s, but I can't imagine by much.

What I wish someone would explain is why prices are so high in the first place! First off, OPEC says there is not a shortage and that demand has stabilized. Second, if the oil companies are paying $75 per barrel, and passing that cost on to us, why on earth are they in a position to be making record profits?! Usually when the cost of producing your product goes us, your profit margin goes down or, if you pass the cost on, basically remains the same. I know nothing about how the oil industry works; I wish someone could explain this to me in a way that makes sense, cause right now it seems like a lot of hoodwinking going on.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

I believe I read somewhere that US is subsidizing gas prices in Iraq so that the Iraqis don't really hate us, the article hinted at the price was the "Saddam era" price of 15 cents per gallon.

Makes me feel real good about $3.05

Dave

It's all too darn expensive no matter where ya go...makes me want to sell my car and walk every where...GRRRR!x(

Thank goodness I don't go very far very often anymore....

>It's all too darn expensive no matter where ya go...makes me
>want to sell my car and walk every where...GRRRR!x(
>
>Thank goodness I don't go very far very often anymore....

Just think how much more cardio you could get in...;-)

>>It's all too darn expensive no matter where ya go...makes
>me
>>want to sell my car and walk every where...GRRRR!x(
>>
>>Thank goodness I don't go very far very often anymore....
>
>Just think how much more cardio you could get in...;-)

Great point!}(

Anyone wanna buy at 2004 silver Hyundai Sonata? ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.