Where do I buy the stool and barbell used in PS Strength Series?

H

Hippychick

It looks like half of the original STEP. Anybody please advice and how much does it cost?

How about the barbell? It looks shorter than the ones used by the guys in the gym. Where do i buy that too?

Thanks!

Mini step topper

Unfortunately the mini step topper used in Cathe's vidoes isn't available retail. Cathe and crew made theirs out of the club sized Step Co. steps. If you're interested, several of us have made these as well, and I would be happy to send you pics and instructions on how to make one. Then all you need to do is find a used Step Co step ( see the thread in the Open Discussion forum for ideas on how ) and you're in business! :)

Erin

www.anovelnotion.com - Aerobic Step Cube

Do you think I can used this in place of the mini step topper?
It goes from 4" to 14"

How Tall is the Mini-Steop?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-00 AT 04:49PM (Est)[/font][p]Uh, that would be MINI-STEP. Just a quiz for the spelling-challenged...

Wow, does that Step Cube look like a nifty little gadget, if a bit pricy!

You guys, how tall is the mini-step? Wonder if the "Step Cube" people would sell "additional risers" to make it taller than 14" if using it for Cathe's videos would require more height?

Kathy

RE: Mini-Step

I've seen that step cube on the internet, and I believe SusanP said she's actually seen one, and that it was nice and sturdy. So if the price isn't a deterent, I don't see why you couldn't use that.

The mini step can basically be as tall as you want it to be from 4" ( the mini step alone ) upward in 2" increments ( with risers ). I like to have it at 16" for sit and stands. 14" is just a little bit too low for me. :) My 3-year-old likes it at 20" as a launching pad! :) The other nice thing about the mini step is that it's easy to store. It just fits right on top of my stack of risers. Then I put my regular step platform on that, leaned against the wall.

Erin, I still would like to get more info on how you were able to make that mini step. If you can email me at [email protected], i would surely appreciate it. Will you include some photos too? By the way, do you know where i can buy more risers. What is the website of the original STEP?

I read this info from the FIRM on how to choose the right box height

The height of your box is determined by: (1) your height (2) your fitness level (3) the purpose for which the box is used. Beginners should start with a 4"-6" aerobic step-up box for aerobics and a 10"-12" Fanny Lifter tall box for body building exercises and tall box climb. Gradually work up to an 8"-10" aerobic box and a 12"-14" Fanny Lifter. Exercisers of short to average height should use the 12" Fanny Lifter TM, while those who are of average to tall height should use the 14" Fanny Lifter TM. Taller exercisers may be more comfortable with a 17" box for upper body exercises like lat row; however, the 17" box is not recommended for leg press or tall box climb unless you are at least 6' tall and have mastered proper form.

RE: Mini step topper

Erin,
Would really appreciate an e-mail with instructions for constructing the mini-step topper. Thanks.

Sorry it took me so long

I've been having a very busy week. One of my kids was sick, and the doctors never did figure out what was wrong. She just got better. I'm not complaining about that. The tests they were running were all for really nasty things, NONE of which she has. :) The current theory is that she had something viral,and we'll never know what it was. That's fine with me, as long as my sweet daughter is feeling better! :) Anyway, after that came Thanksgiving, and that's a very busy family time too. . . :)

Rather than take up forum space with the pics and instructions, I'll email them individually. Hippychick gave me her email address, but I still need Jersey Girl's. I'll try to get them out today. Good luck!

Erin

DUH!

I just figured out that I click on the little envelope by someone's name to get their email address! The instructions are on their way!

The best way I know of to get risers is to buy a used step, which you'll need to make a mini topper anyway. :) But I know that you can also get them from Step Co. Their number is 1-800- SAY-STEP. They are pretty pricey that way. They were $30 for each pair plus shipping the last time I checked. There is another online source for them, but I can't remember what it is. Sorry!

Erin

RE: DUH!

I don't remember the site either, but it is a link from Cathe's site. As I recall they had them for about $22 for a pair.
Dawn

Get risers from fwonline.com (FitnessWholesale)! (nfm)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-00 AT 03:49PM (Est)[/font][p]And they were $22 per pair (two risers) a while ago. I don't know what S&H would be...

>I've seen that step cube on the internet, and I believe
>SusanP said she's actually seen one, and that it was
>nice and sturdy. So if the price isn't a deterent,
>I don't see why you couldn't use that.

I've seen the step cube and it is really sturdy. It's a very nice product.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.