Where did you go for you honeymoon?

I went to the mountains on our honeymoon. It was fun, but I would of love the beach. My DH wanted to go the mountains so I hated to tell him no. But I got the big wedding instead of the big honeymoon.

Share your honeymoon location with everyone. Also share some of the sights and fun you had. But lets keep this clean! He!He!

kim

Didn't have a honeymoon. Got married in UK, I was 7 months pregnant. My husband had to rerturn to States shortly after to continue PhD work.

I never felt like I'd missed out. I was too focussed on the baby. And anyway, my husband and I once took a 6 week climbing and hiking trip in Washington State and oregon. That was our special time.

When the girls have left home, we'll go somewhere special again, just the two of us.

Clare

Clare,

How many girls do you have and what are their ages?

Elaine

PS. When ever I read your posts I imagine a lovely British accent.

The first time we went to Niagara Falls for a couple of nights right after the wedding, and then on a three week trip to Europe a few months later.

The second time we went to Vermont and did the bed and breakfast thing.

My DH and I got married on St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands, where we also honeymooned. Aaaaaaaah, it was so beauttiful! Our second anniversary is Sunday and I can't wait to go back there someday! }(

We planned to go to Hawaii but we didn't get there.
I really wish we had been able to go. Thank goodness for trip insurance.
Someday...

We didn't go anywhere exotic or fancy because our priority was saving money to build a house (which we did). We spent several days in Galena, IL - a quaint little historic town with lots of neat shops and fabulous restaurants. It is beautiful country up there. The hotel clerks upgraded us to the "Celebrations Suite" when they saw all the "Just Married" parephernalia stuck to our car, so we had a VERY nice room. And that was important, since you tend to spend a lot of time in your hotel room on your honeymoon... *wink wink* *nudge nudge* ;)

We got married in Baltimore and then went to New Zealand for the honeymoon. It is truly the most beautiful country on earth!!!

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

We were broke. I flew from Missouri to Texas (hubby was finishing his Ph.D. in A&M), and three days later had a 7-minute wedding in court, then we drove in his beat up MR-2 to San Antonio. We stayed there for just a night. I had to go back to work. We lived apart for 3 months so I could turn in my resignation, find a subleaser to my apartment, and pack up for my move to Dallas; and he, in turn, could finish up in school and also pack up for his new job in Dallas.

Pinky

We went to Italy for two weeks. Rome, Venice, Florence, Orvieto, Siena, Bologna. It was awesome! I'm so glad we did it.

Tammy

I'm willing to bet I had the best honeymoon of anyone.

We got married in May, 2001, and didn't have time for a honeymoon until after Labor Day. We flew to London, which is where we were on September 11. My husband worked in the World Trade Center on the 97th floor of Tower 1. So our honeymoon may have saved his life.

Now how's that for a honeymoon story?

Anyway, London was lovely. It was my first time there and it was great up until 9/11. After that I lost interest and just wanted to get home.

-Nancy

We went to Greece on our honeymoon. Ever since I was 15 years old I said I only wanted to marry someone who would go to Greece for our honeymoon. Guess it worked out!

We went on a cruise out of Puerto Rico to the Southern Carribean...5 islands in 7 days...It was awesome! Norwegian Cruise Lines. It was our first cruise ever!

>I'm willing to bet I had the best honeymoon of anyone.
>
>We got married in May, 2001, and didn't have time for a
>honeymoon until after Labor Day. We flew to London, which is
>where we were on September 11. My husband worked in the World
>Trade Center on the 97th floor of Tower 1. So our honeymoon
>may have saved his life.
>
>Now how's that for a honeymoon story?
>
>Anyway, London was lovely. It was my first time there and it
>was great up until 9/11. After that I lost interest and just
>wanted to get home.
>
>-Nancy

Wow Nancy...that is amazing! I can only imagine the emotions that event rendered in your hearts...
;(
Happy, but sad, all at the same time...

Tammy

Awww, thanks for your post Pinky. I think we owe ourselves a second honeymoon. After seeing Jess's pics I'm thinking Mexico might be the perfect place.....

It's interesting to hear about all the different honeymoons!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.