Where did you get your iPod?

eminenz2

Cathlete
I'm thinking of getting a 30 gigabyte iPod.

Where did you get yours? Best price? Do you like it? What about the negative things I've heard about battery life?

Thanks in advance!

Susan L.G.

i bought a refurbished video ipod from ebay and i'm thrilled with it. works perfectly and i was able to get a warranty on it for an additional $20.

Good question - I'm wondering too....

Isn't the 30G a video ipod? I saw one in Walmart (Gen6) over the weekend for $248.44 I believe. It's almost twice the size of the nano.

I think the 4G? nanos were around $200.

Since I'm looking to buy one, I don't really have much other info. for you but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.;-)

Angie

I got mine at the Apple store at the mall. I got my husband's from Amazon for less. Plus, there was no sales tax.

I've got the 30g video and have had it for over a year. I absolutely love it! The video is great. I can download shows if I miss them, and the DVR misses them too. Plus I load a lot of photos on it, so I don't have to carry them in my wallet.

I haven't had any problems with it at all.

Ordered my Nano direct from Apple, and got free shipping and free engraving. In my experience, it's hard to find Apple products significantly discounted (unless they're refurbished). You might find it for $1 less here or $3 less there... but in general, the prices are the same no matter where you buy it.

I got mine from Macmall last year. It works great and have had no problems with it. They offered free engraving, free case, and free fm transmitter with it (I think apple does the same). I don't use the case because I bought an arm band. It is great when you mow the grass, workout, etc. I even hooked mine up to an alarm clock and in the car. It is very versatile.

Happy Shopping:)

I ordered my nano directly from the apple store online specifically to get the red 8g and engraving. From the time it was ordered and arrived at my door was just a total of 3 days - fast shipping!

Hey Donna - do you find that the video ipod is too large to use with say cardio coach workouts? Is there an armband for this one? I would like the flexibiliby of the video but am thinking I need to get the nano b/c of the smaller size to be able to use it for my CC workouts. Any insight on this?
Also, how do you download shows that you missed? Is it free or do you pay?

Thanks

Hi - I got mine for Mother's Day (from the cat :) ) who apparently got it at American. It's the 80 gig Ipod so I'll have enough room for Cathe's workouts when they come out. I've been having fun with it - amazing how quick it is to put your CD's on there! Loving it so far! Price was $349 for the ipod. Then we got the package with home charger, case, car radio hook up and the thing that will hook it up to play on the TV.

I'm loving it!

Anyone have any idea how much memory we will need for the new Cathe workouts? Anyone know how much memory the cardiocoach workouts take up? Any thoughts would be very appreciated as I would like to use it for both of these, and also songs of coarse.:)

Thanks

I got mine from Costco for Valentine's Day.($239) It was simple to set up and I just love it. The dogs and I got my husband one for Father's day.
Ellen

I got the 2gb nano refurbished from apple.com and I love it. When I upgrade to a video I will probably do the same thing.

How funny that I saw this posting, my hubby just got me an iPod nano (4GB) so that I could listen to music at work. I actually was messing with it for the first time tonight, and think I'll love it. I can't believe how quickly you can upload cds (it takes less than 20 seconds for each song) and it so small.

I believe he got it at Target for around $200. At first I was a tad bit irritated that he didn't even try to get it on sale, but a previous posting mentioned that they rarely go on sale, so I feel better now!

Can anyone tell me off the top of their heads what the battery life is?

I'd check out a warehouse club that either you or any one of your friends belong to. After buying each of my 2 kids a 30g iPod I saw them at Costco for cheaper. d'uh!

Least I got my cute little 2 g nano, which is my new toy, for free at a training class for work. :) And if I go back for another course while they're still having the promotion, I'll get an iTunes card. :)

I've wanted one for a while, but couldn't justify the money for it. Lucky it just landed in my lap.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.