Where can I get a 6ft dynaband in the UK?

Saker

Cathlete
Anyone in the UK - where did you get your resistance band from? I had one from Advanced Workouts in the USA but it's not the same as Cathe's and now it's snapped anyway, so I thought I'd try and get one in the Uk to reduce postage. They all seem to be a standard size of 4ft.

Thanks Ruth

Thanks

I can't find Dynabands with the Physical company - do you think the "Supaflex X-band" Med/beg would be the equivalent?

Ruth

I think the official "Dynaband" company only do one size (i.e. the short one!). Unfortunately, I found it to be trial and error when it came to getting equivalent bands in the UK.

Sorry, this is probably NO help is it? :)

You can get them from john lewis. Try their online store. I don't know about the length though.

Ronne

Thanks all - I'm pretty sure the John Lewis ones are the shorter length. I think perhaps I have to buy a roll and cut my own but even then I bet a bit confused as to resistance level. Might resort to ordering from US again, probably postage will be the same as the mark up over here anyway.

Hi Ruth,
i'm in Ireland and i bought a Gaiam Pilates DVD with band which is 5ft long. I find that it works brilliantly though i did originally have a 4ft dynaband so the added length is a real bonus. You can get different resistance strength bands (there is a set that has the three of them with 1 DVD or individually).
They have a site http://www.gaiamdirect.co.uk/content/productlist.aspx?cID=27 and they call them bodybands.

You could also try www.yogamad.com (www.fitnessmad.com) (UK based) which has resistance bands of different strengths on rolls.

I know it's not a 6ft but i've found it works for firewalkers plus the added dvd isn't too bad.
HTH
A:)

edited for spelling

Hello Ruth,

I think it is best to order from the US. The total price will probably be not much more that what you would get over here. It's light, so shipping should not be that expensive.

I bought a 6ft band from the US in medium tension, but I find it too easy. I would reccommend you go for two - medium and advanced - if you can afford it. If not, then go for advanced, you can work up to it rather grow out of it.

Yen

Thanks everyone - lots of suggestions to check out. It's true that most exercises you do roll the band over a couple of times at the top so probably a 5ft one would be okay.

Ruth

hi - i wouldn't buy it from the us b/c customs and excise costs plus vat are added on top of it - they only allow £15 allowance per person and then the costs sky rocket..you could always check out www.dynaband.co.uk and email their sales team about the length

In the end I followed Cathe's link for recommended US retailer - fitness wholesale and got a quote for postage etc from them. They sell the bands so cheap - for $19 they are sending me two bands and that includes postage which is cheaper than one single 4ft dynaband over here. And cheap enough not to get hit for customs and import. So thought I would let you all know in case it is useful for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.