When the HARDCORE series is released, how would you like the workouts to be packaged?

When the HARDCORE series is released, how would you like the workouts to be packaged?

• Total voters
Sorry the title is too long. This was my 1st attempt at a poll on this forum and I am not able to edit for some reason.

Basically, how do you want it packaged?

There seems to be some controversy. The suggestion for SNM to release DVD's with single AND multiple workouts for us to choose seems like an unreasonalbe option from a business stand point.

RE: When the HARDCORE series is released, how would you...

Actually, I think they should release each title individually and then do compilation DVDs separately. That way the mixes and matches could be endless. They could also charge for them and earn more money.

I would love a compilation DVD of the best of HST and HSC, the blue one and the yellow one.

I don't know if you missed it but...

Seeing as Cathe and SNM have already announced the workouts will be on separate DVDS, this poll is a little pointless. I love having multiple workouts on one DVD and I love the premixes but a worthwhile number of people's DVD players cannot play these workouts as intended. It is not their fault nor is it SNMs who likely do not have the kind of resources that Sony or New Line have to be able to test their products on every kind of DVD player in the world. I think they have presented their argument and their reasons very clearly and who is to say there won't be any premixes that combine other workouts on each DVD? It's absolutely possible to do that although I imagine it will be time consuming.
ATB,
- Lisa :)

RE: I don't know if you missed it but...

Yes, this poll is definitely pointless since Cathe already decided on individual DVDs for each workout.

IMHO, It would of been a wise move to offer the workouts both ways to customers. Put the workouts on seperate discs and the ones with multiple workouts with premixes that way it's the best of both worlds. Really without the premixes, these videos are going to look like an overpriced copycat of P90X without the research, food guide, rotations, and only 11 DVDs (2 being short abs and stretch) instead of 12 full length ones.

We own a DVD authoring company and from a business standpoint, offering them both ways to customers would be very complicated and risky. They are very expensive to produce. There are minimum orders, so she would have to order double of that set, and layering one product 2 different ways introduces about a million more possible mistakes in every step of the process from production to editing to shipping. Overpriced copycat? How long has Cathe been in this business? She hosts this forum, which is most likely a lot more expensive than a paper insert in P90X, which you can have printed for about 75 cents. Here she gives us the benefit of her research, PERSONALIZED fitness advice and new rotations every month. She infuses her posts with kindness and graciousness as well. I wonder if this forum makes customers forget that she is running a business and not a democracy. Owning a business is very hard! If you've never done it, you can't imagine how many headaches are involved!!! Cathe OBVIOUSLY holds herself to a very high standard. You cannot please everyone, no matter how hard you try. Maybe for her 40th birthday gift, we just cheerfully order whatever DVDs we like and congratulate her on her successes!!!!! :) :) :)
*edited to correct a misspelling.

I agree! We easily get spoiled thinking we have a say in how SNM does business. We own our own business and it is the toughest job out there (aside from being a mom!). The SNM product is outstanding, the expert (Cathe) amazing. I'll take it however they offer the package. I am busy trying to wean down my collection I don't use so I can justify ordering this new set. There have been some rolling eyes from DH!!

I think the pre-order prices are quite good and I would not expect to see the DVDs on more than one format. Except for the gym training series, which would have been nice to be on one DVD if it could have been worked out so that there were no problems playing it, I'm very happy to see single DVDs. If a DVD is chaptered well, and Cathe's DVDs are marvelously chaptered, then it's easy to customize a workout. However, I would appreciate more details about the workouts by the end of the pre-sale. Cathe produces great workouts, but not all workouts are right for everyone, so additional details helps us to be informed consumers and make wise choices. :)

It is amazing to me to even see this poll take place. I can't quite understand why it is not accepted that the series will be released as is. I have worked out for 12 years and not once did I ever have any say in any workout being produced. Cathe is the only instructor who actually listens to her customers and produces workouts according to their suggestions. So what if she was inspired by p90x. IMO this series is what her customers have been asking for well before p90x came along. If you don't like the way it is being produced then don't buy it. Cathe is the only instructor out there who really listens to her customers and gives them the workouts the ask for. That's enough for me!

Aila

amy b - I loved your phrase that Cathe is "running a business not a democracy". That sums it up for me! Not only do I admire her fitness expertise but also her business expertise. I'm sure she's making the best decision.

I didn't think single workouts were on dual layered discs. Cathe doesn't always give personalized fitness advice to everyone, which I can understand she is probably too busy for. You get chats and a message board with P90X too. Just saying that I don't think too many people are going to pay out $270 after the presale when a similar program is over a $100 less. The premixes made me feel I was getting more bang for more buck. I just hope Cathe doesn't start charging an arm and a leg for her workouts.

I will buy the series either way Cathe chooses to do it. However if she would do it more like the IS with 2/3 premixes per workout that would be alright with me. I do have the BodyBlast and even with the 2/3 sec. freezes is excellent workouts but to be honest I have yet to do all the premixes. So it is a bit of an overkill IMO (not that it mattered, I'm sure). Cathe provides excellent workouts and hers is the only ones I will pre-order other than Tom Holland (I enjoy his 1 workout and would like to have more from him)

Kim

I will buy either way, but as I stated in a previous post, I would rather have them seperate and work on my player as opposed to having them bunched together with premixes which seems to be too much for my 3 year old Sony.

I just wanted to commend you on your post Amy. AMEN to it! LOL. You crack me up there at the end too.

It would be patently ridiculous to release the workout on two different DVDs. Think about it. Without even scratching the surface of how ridiculous that is, how about receiving them next August?? Because that's about when they'd probably be released.

edited to add-I just want to agree with all that this post is a moot point since SNM had already decided what they are doing with respect to the packaging of these DVDs. I also think it's quite nervy to post a poll like this after the decision has already been made. I mean, sheesh, you can't have everything.
Accept it and move on. We'll be getting this incredible 10 - 11 workout set. What is not to love? Someone mentioned the abs and stretch workouts aren't 'full' workouts. To that I say, get a grip. There will be three of each on each DVD. I doubt that each of the segments will be less than 15 minutes. If you don't want it, don't order it. End of story.

I guess I was thinking she was releasing them on 2 different formats before, so putting them on 2 different DVDs might not be that much trouble. I think if they are planning on charging almost $300 for the set after presale it will be too much. Can't someone else just let SnM know thier opinion without getting a rude response?

Hey Carbs, I'm sorry. I did come off as rude and I didn't mean to be. I apologise.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.