When honey isn't honey

nivipa

Cathlete
I just read this shocking article about the removal of bee pollen from honey. One of the things not mentioned (at least from my first read/skim) is the nutritional value of bee pollen! Tosca Reno first turned me on to it, and as she wrote with her husband in the Eat Clean Diet for Men, it has a "complete array of proteins, vitamins, minerals and enzymes." It "supports every body system," has high rutin levels (which improves endurance), and is an all-around super food!

When did "food" stop becoming food, anyway?

Tests Show Most Store Honey Isn't Honey

The best bee pollen is acquired from bees that live close by so that you get the protection from the plants that you are exposed to, its supposed to help with allergies.

The best bee pollen is acquired from bees that live close by so that you get the protection from the plants that you are exposed to, its supposed to help with allergies.

I use local, raw honey from a bee keeper that lives in my town. I do think it's helped my allergies :)

As far as the honey typically found in grocery stores, it's sad that something as natural as honey can be processed like it is.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.