What's best for my legs

jennifercareer

Hi All! Still plugging away at the baby weight and I managed to put on a lot of weight in my inner thighs. They are "cottage cheese" looking and I hate wearing shorts. I've lost 36 lbs so far and have another 15 lbs to go. So far Even with that weight loss, I've only lost 1/4" on my inner thighs but 4" on my waist. I'd like to get my legs thinner a little faster. This has always been a trouble spot for me. I used to be able to wear a size 6 and it would fit me great in the waist but always a little snug in the inner thigh area. I've been trying to focus on working my legs a little more than normal, but I don't think what I'm doing is cutting it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, I do have another question. Rigth now, I'm doing even amounts of weights and cardio during my weekly work outs. Do you think I could still see weight loss results if I picked up weight lifting an extra day and dropped a day of cardio? I'm just throwing out ideas here. I don't want to do anything that could potentially hault my weight loss. But I figured if I had more muscle then I would burn more calories. Then after a while, I thougth I'd increase my cardio to help burn the fat off my body so that you can actually see my muscles. Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Hi jennifer! Congrats on losing so much weight already!! Wonderful!!! I've also got about 15 to go until i'm at pp weight. I'm currently doing a heavy lifting rotation (CLX) with two or three days of cardio and am seeing some results. I also gain bigtime in my thighs during pregnancies... Before CLX I did Cathe's Slow& Heavy with cardio on the rest days. I also find that Butts&Guts does wonders for my lower half. Hope this helps!! :)

Well, I just got the Slow and Heavy series in the mail today. So I plan on starting that tomorrow. Except I can only manage to get in a max of 5 days a week. So I'm a little concerned that only 2 days of cardio will not be enough to burn the fat away. Do you think I should do the slow and heavy every week? Or should I mix it up and do a 4DS ivery other week? I know I need to find what's right for me but boy do I hate trial and error to only find out that I've errored!

Well, luckily you can't really "error" with your choices! I bet that 4DS, Slow & Heavy, B&G, and maybe KPC with a whole lot of walking and clean eating would do it for you.

I really don't know what to tell you. I'm doing CLX now and it's a 5-day-a-week program with two rest days -- three days of heavy lifting and two days of cardio. I usually add in an extra day of the cardio of my choice (either a jog, turbo jam or a Cathe cardio). I've seen big results so far... But I did the Slow and Heavy leading up to this. I think it really conditioned me to lift heavier... I really think everyone's body responds differently to different stimulus. Mine HAS to have heavy weights to shed pounds. I tried maxing out the cardio, and it wasn't working for me... plus... I'm not a huge cardio fan. Another thing I noticed was that when I upped my protein intake I started losing better. (But know that too much protein causes your body to really have problems.)

It is trial and error... But by FORCING myself to stay with a program/rotation and not give up I started seeing results. I didn't see many results with CLX until week four, then I started dropping a pound a day. Really. Now I'm in my second month of it and am seeing very SLOW results again but am hoping that this month will end as happily.

Hope you find your balance! You've done incredible so far!!

I would suggest making one of your weight days a circuit day. I have absolutely fallen in love with the High Step Challenge (there's also High Step Training - similar style, just older). It's a GREAT leg work out with tons of leg presses, hover squats, regular squats, etc... But it's also constant cardio the whole time. The weight work in this one is heavier than other circuit styles that Cathe's done.

I'm doing this one today, in fact!

Ok, please don't think I'm a dumbo, but I've been doing Cathe for 4 years now (but I took the year off I was pregnant and I'm paying for it now). But what is CLX? I search her video library and I just can't seem to figure it out. I am going to attempt Slow and Heavy 3 days a week and 2 cardio days for now. I'm thinking that I can't do much worse than I did last month. I only lost 1 lb! I was losing about 2-3 but 1 is pretty terrible. I'll give it 4 weeks and see how it goes. If I can fit in an extra day of cardio I will. I enjoy lifting more than cardio too so maybe this will work for me. I recently started getting up and working out at 5 am. This way I have more time with my baby in the evening and I go to school part time so it also leave me more time to study in the evening. Only problem with this is that I'm barely awake at 5 am and cardio is pretty tough for me!! But I have no problem lifting.

Well, all I know is that I have a LOT of fat left on my stomach (it jiggles when I walk....eeeww). And a lot of fat on my inner thighs. I've just never been this heavy before so I haven't been able to figure out what workout is best for me. I was thinner and in shape before and I did a lot of circuit work then, because it was such a great variety for me. I wasn't trying to lose weight then, just trying to stay healthy and look a little leaner. But now I really need to shed fat.

Stephanie, did you say you started dropping almost a 1lb a day!! That's amazing. Even if I had 2 weeks of an event like that I'd be happy. I always set goals for myself and I feel like they're very realistic goals. But I haven't been meeting those and I'm getting discouraged. I'm 5 lbs behind my goal and if my weight loss sticks at 1-2 lbs a month, then it'll take me nearly another 1 1/2 years to be pre-preggy size! My original goal was to be there by my birthday (Nov 10th). Based on my slowing weight loss, I've moved that out to Emma's 1 yr b-day (Jan 6th). What's the point of setting goals if I keep moving them? If I don't move them, then I feel like I've failed.

best for legs

Jennifer;

You are doing so great! Remember that working out is only half of the story. the other half (or perhaps more than half) is what you eat. I had a very hard time losing the last 10 pounds after I had my son and I was working out like a crazy person. Then I started counting calories and the weight came off, 2 pounds a week. Then I gained 70 pounds with my daughter and lost it all after 6 months by eating 1500 calories a day. I was breast feeding the entire time and had a good milk supply too. I ate good food and worked out 5times a week.
You can/will do this!
Jackie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.