Whatcha doin for New Year's Eve?

My husband's trombone quartet is playing at "First Night" in St Louis from 10 to 11:30 so I'll probably go with him. I'm usually ready for bed around 10:30 but since it's on a Saturday maybe I can nap a little in the day so I can stay alert.

Happy New Year!!!
Kimbra

1. Go out for an early dinner at one of our fave big-box family restaurants

2. Go home and hide from the drunks

3. Watch "The Poseidon Adventure" (the REAL "The Poseidon Adventure")

4. Fall asleep. Before the Big Ball drops.

This is the first weekend DH and I have had to ourselves in the last 4, and turtles that we are, all that previous weekend socializing has been a bit traumatic. And like Shannon, this has been a bad week for yrs truly, with bad cases to investigate (funny how domestic violence never takes a holiday). I just wanna stay home.

A-Jock

In the bed early for me, I work Saturday and Sunday and plan early starts (3:30 a.m.) each morning. So I'll probably be getting up when everybody else is going to bed!!

A-jock -

Is there a connection between the Poseidon Adventure and New Year's Eve?

I always watch when Harry met Sally because they finally get together on New Year's Eve at the end of the movie, and I love the scene where he is walking down the street and suddenly he wakes up and realizes that he can't live without her. And he starts walking faster and faster, until he finally starts to run like he's running for dear life, which we know he is, and he finally barges in on the New Year's Eve party and finds her, bored and ready to go home, and then he gives her the speech about how he LOVES that it takes her half an hour to order a meal (I totally relate), etc. etc.

It's just the best.

-Nancy

Not A-jock ..... and it's been a long time since I've watch the Poseidon Adventure but I believe a New Year's Eve party is going on when the tidal wave strikes. I hope this is accurate, it's been years since I've seen it.

A movie with one of my favorite guys - Billy Crystal! I might be tempted to run away with him if he showed up at my doorstep. Not really the usual first choice as a sexy guy in any magazine like People with their "sexiest men alive" issues. Too bad!
Just Do It! :)

>I'll probably go to bed at 9:45 like I did last year. Oh
>yeah, baby, I'm a party MONSTER}(

I'm staying up til 10!

We landed on Harry and Sally last week. I made DH stay there for the 20 minutes it took to get to the running part. I said at the beginning when we landed there "he's gonna run!!" and DH looked at me like I was near crazy as I repeated myself for the next 20 min, LOL.

It's fantastic. The guy who introduced me and DH loves the movie as well. Not a bad quality in a best man!! ;)

Isn't it great how men are out there who appreciate the crazy things we do??? I LOVE that!!

I can't blame you, Sparrow. I know very few people who like to be on the road on NYEve. The restaurant we are going to is 2 blocks away from our apartment, and most of the people I know in NY are going somewhere very nearby, so they can walk.

Hey, Honeybunch, I have a friend who knows Billy Crystal, and you'll be happy to know that he says Billy is a genuinely great guy with a lovely family. :D

:7 HI NANCY!!

It's been a long time since I chatted with you....Happy New Year! It sounds like you are going to have a nice time for New years. My DH and I were invited to a "happening" party at my nephew's house but we have decided to stay home and have Chinese food and watch TV.

Movies.....When Harry Met Sally is a great choice! I used to like to watch The Time Machine with Rod Taylor, the original....on New Years. We don't get the chance to watch movies together anymore because I work nights and he works days, so this is a treat to stay home together (with our 3 year old dd, of course). I hope there is a good movie on HD.

Oh, A-Jock, I started watching the "new" Posiedon Adventure on network tv when it came on a few weeks ago, but fell asleep after 15 minutes of it. Did you see that one? I'll be willing to bet it wasn't as good as the first one.

Happy New Year everyone!!!:)

Donna

It is just like any typical day for me. I still go to bed around 9pm or so. I am not staying up to watch some ball drop. :eek:

The one thing I do like is the sci fi twilight zone marathons that are usually on. I like to leave the TV on while I am cleaning, etc. And then in the evening, when I am done with everything, I might sit and watch a few episodes.

Charlotte~~

I am running the Resolution Run 5K in Dayton, Ohio. Race start is 11:45 p.m. and I think the whole concept is super cool! MADD hosts the event so it will be nice and dry. I've never been more excited about my New Years plans! We will stay the night at the in-laws since they live right there...it's held at my DH's High School.

I hope all of you have a healthy, happy and safe New Year!!!

Well hello Donna!!! Last I heard from you, you were leaving for China to pick up your new baby girl, right? No wonder you haven't been around. You must have been very busy with parenthood. Got any pics??

Does Time Machine have a connection to New Year's Eve or is it just one you've been wanting to watch together?

Happy New Year! :D

-Nancy

Charlotte -
I still love T-Zone after all these years, too. I guess you weren't around when the original series was on. You've no doubt been watching reruns your whole life. Can't believe I was around for the original series!

Girl, you look awesome! Love the new pic! :D

-Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.