What your favorite recipe?

luvtorun

Cathlete
I love to cook and try to new recipes. Anyone what to share their favorite. I just got through in the kitchen putting a grilled vegetable lasagna in the oven.... Cooking Light magazine, April 2005, pg 192 or check it out on the website. 7 pts per serving for those WW's out there.

I LOVE that recipe (except that it takes soo long to make - with all the grilling!). I also like the Black beans and rice enchiladas in that magazine. I make that one up on Sundays, pop it in the fridge and cook and serve it when I'm feeling lazy (usually after too many Cathe videos!)

Here's my new summer favorite from Cooking Light May 2005 pg. 271 - the Italian Chicken Salad. I made up a batch (substituted cucumbers for artichokes) for myself and had to fight with my husband just to get some. Day after it is gone, he was asking when I was going to make it again....

Lori Ann & Christine - - thanks I'll try these... I just love this magazine. The lasagna does take some time to make but it makes 10 servings, so a lot goes in the freezer to take out when I don't have time to cook.

Thanks Lori, I copied and saved it to my recipe book in Word. If it from the Barefoot Contessa, it can't be anything but good. I just love her. I usually have the Food Network on if the TV is on.

BTW, I love goat cheese. If you ever get the chance, try Caprino cheese. It is an Italian goat cheese. There is nothing like it.

I agree - The Barefoot Contessa is great! I love all of the Food Network shows & get some really great ideas for new dinners.

Does anyone get the Light & Tasty cookbook from Taste of Home? Can you compare it to Cooking Light? I used to get Light & Tasty, but the recipes were things that I already make a lot. I'm looking for more of a challenge with new recipes.

Thanks!

Jenny

I have a couple Taste of Homes as gifts. Not the light ones. I used to subscribe to Cooking Light, and loved it. I haven't used Taste of Home yet, so I can't compare.

If you subscribe to Cooking Light Magazine, you have access to every recipe on their website. That's a pretty neat feature because there are literally thousands.

Apparently Cooking Light and Weight Watchers are owned by the same company, or something. I have a WW cookbook called Home Comforts. It is a great book, my absolute favorite as far as "light" cookbooks go. Anyway, I saw many of the recipes in the WW book in the Cooking Light magazine. They were identical with the same titles, etc.

Lori

I also subscribe to Taste of Home and Light & Tasty. Light & Tasty is a great magazine and the nutritional values are in there so you can figure your points. The Taste of Home is good but not WW-friendly as a rule. I have to do some doctoring to the recipes I want to use out of it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.