What would you do?

I would actually like to thank you Beth6395 for opening this thread up, because it made me think of a great 21st birthday gift for my boyfriend! We are going skydiving August 13th at 11! Can't wait and already have butterflies in my stomach!

Thanks again,

Corinne :)

I would like to try spinning.

My dream is to finish a triathalon or a marathon. I am hoping when the kids are older and able to stay alone I can attempt one of these. Susan

I have been thinking about this thread,and I want to second Corrines thanking you for this thread. In addition to fencing, I would like to surf. I have never done this, I live in Vermont and you can't surf on a river. But, the next time I find myself at the ocean I just may try it.
Heather

I would love to build a facility with about 20 horses and use them as free therapy for children with autism, CP, MS, or any other disability. It is proven to work miracles for children and it has always been a dream of mine, seeing as I have had horses since I was a kid.
The only reason holding me back in of course money. Barns, grounds, and care of horses, especially that many is VERY expensive. But you can bet that if I win the lottery, that is the first thing I would do!
Otherwise, surfing does sound fun!! ANything to do with the ocean would be nice!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/154/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Jane,

I LOVED Eco-challenge!!!!!!!! I don't see it anymore on TV but omg was it tough!!

I want to go white water rafting and parasailing!!

Also would love to do some serious hiking.

I asked myself that question about 3yrs ago...and I decided I wanted to go back to what I used to do when I was younger....art and horseback riding....the art thing didn't work out...but horses wow!!! I have branched out into the racking horse world and I even showed last year in the Fall celebration...(placed 7th)...Don't just wish it....do it make time.

Well I am so jealous! You have FUN!!!!!!! And you must tell us the moment you get back to the ground what it was like.

I will be marking my calender.

beth6395

Yes I agree even if you do it once a month, once a year, just set a goal and do it! Life is too short. We do not take any vacations so we are able to do little things here and there giving my children a variety and they can decide what they want to continue or even to just have tried it.

beth6395

What a neat thread.
Rock Climbing - did that when I was younger, but not as strong as I am now. I never trusted the equipment enough and would always get "sewing-machine-legs" at a certain height.
High gliding - Anne, my DH and did this at Kitty Hawk about 10 years ago and loved it.
Fencing - again, something I did when I was younger, in college. I did enjoy it.
White Water Rafting - loved this, but was scared most of the time.
Therapeutic Horseback Riding - Maeghan, my son was involved in this when he was younger and it was great. It was funded through a local agency of some sort.

I'd love to go kayaking in the Sea of Cortez and hope to do that in the next 2-3 years. Surfing looks like a lot of fun, but I don't know if my knees would let me get to my feet. DH and I have always wanted to hike in the Grand Canyon. We used to backpack alot before kids, and the Appalachian Trail has always been a dream of mine. Finally, I'm with AJock in wanting to get to a Cathe Road trip and meet all you wonderful woman.

I'd love to travel around the world and stay at amazing bed & breakfasts w/ my DH. Ohhhh...we do plan to do this come retirement :)

ETA yeah not really fitness related but a dream of ours!

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is." -- Ellen DeGeneres

Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.