What works for killer legs?

Michele S

Cathlete
Hi all!

I am finally determined to get my legs in great shape, even if it kills me (which it may because I really hate to do lower body!) I have always really "babied" my bottom half, mainly out of laziness, but no more! I'm looking for suggestions/rotation from those of you who have had success in getting your legs in summer ready condition.

Thanks in advance!
Michele

Hi Michele, I heard that Leaner Legs does wonders. I have it and preview it, but just by watching this, it makes my legs hurt}(. Im like you and hate doing legs but I just started to do them about 2 years ago on my leg machines. I just started to do legs with Cathe with ME, PLB which I really love, and Power Hour for about 2 monthes now. I still can't seem to stay stable enough with those lunges. I will have to keep working on that;). I will vote for Leaner Legs. Good luck:).

Hi, Barbara!

Just wanted to let you know that I have a similar problem keeping my balance with lunges, especially with higher weights. Cathe suggested doing them onto an 8" step and it's made a tremendous difference for me. Give it a try!

Thanks for the LL vote, too!

Michele

RE: Hi, Barbara!

Thanks Michele for the 8" suggestion, I have to try that the next time I do legs. I think next week I will have to try the LL}( .

I have been lifting weights since 1990. I started with the Firm and about 4 years ago took up with Cathe. My hats off to her I have seen improvements, BUT 6 weeks ago I bought a Bun and Thigh Rocker (Body by Jake) My 40 year old legs have NEVER EVER looked so GREAT.
Minimal effort and terrific results. I have been fighting big and flabby legs since I was 12 I am so grateful to the ladies on this forum who inspired me to buy one. Best of Luck with whatever you try.:D

I really like the leaner legs and pyramid lower body. I would not be able to pick between the two so I do both of them and rotate the leg workout.

I second this post! I can't say enough about the improvements I got w/ the B&TR, after years of trying everything. Free weights just didn't do it for me.

I was just cruising this forum and your note caught my attention cuz my legs are the one thing I just can't get rid of the fat on! Cellulite on the thighs...I'm just curious, did this Bun and Thigh rocker help you get rid of cellulite and fat on thighs or did you have that problem to begin with at all??? Thanks.

I am also a new Bun and Thigh Rocker owner, and I agree it is terrific. Yes I do have lots of cellulite on my legs and yes, it is helping. I am so grateful to Honeybunch1 for her posts about this great little piece of equipment.

I generally do Leaner Legs or PLB on the Bun and Thigh Rocker. If I don't feel like doing a video, I do three sets of 15 of all the exercises they feature in the manual using all the bands that came with my rocker (90 lbs). I'm going to order some more.

I think it works best with high rep workouts. I'm not too sure it would work well with S & H legs unless you're a beginner.

The very best lower body workout I've done of Cathe's (and definitely the hardest "kick butt") is Leaner Legs. You'll sweat buckets, build muscle/endurance and really shape your entire lower body even if you DON'T USE WEIGHTS. Its my favorite. My second favorite is Strong Legs and Abs -- I do each of these a week to do my 2 lower body workouts. Good luck to you!
E

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.