What workouts will be highlighted on the Chicago RT?

ocd30

Hi,

Does anyone know what six workouts will be performed during the Chicago Road Trip? I have never attended a RT and have no idea what to expect. I know I have seen the phrase "high energy" workouts but was wondering if anyone knew which specific high energy workouts that might be. I have a strong feeling there will be a few step routines, and I very much struggle with traditional step workouts. Therefore, I would like to "practice" if possible before April. Thanks!

Amanda

Step Practice

If you want to practice for the step class (I'm sure there will be one) then just do a bunch of Cathe step videos. If you've NEVER done step (or were never good at it) I recommend starting with one of her easy ones. I started with Basic Step which is the easiest and it got me used to following Cathe. Then move up to one of the lower intensity ones.

Doing a bunch of different Cathe step videos is the best way to get used to her typical moves that are in almost all of her step routines. Even if you have to backup and re-watch the trickier parts, it will help get you used to following her.

I've only been to one RT but I remember the step not being too complicated since we had to follow her cold. I got lost a couple of times and just stopped and got back in at a repeater or something like that.

-- Mindy

Cathe -

I am curious what workouts will be done in order to plan for impact (bras, in particular). Just wondering! Thanks!

Gibbee

I've seen two different quotes of Cathe re: the workouts.

First:
Boot camp
Yoga
Body Sculpting w/tubing and weights
Lower Body Blast and abs
Cardio Core Circuit type workout
Afterburn type workout

Second:
bootcamp,
kickbox,
lower body blast,
cardio core circuit,
weights & band sculpt
yoga

The only difference between the two is Kickbox and Afterburn. I hope it's going to be kickbox!

ETA: The second list is more recent (Feb 21 vs. Feb 9). Also you have probably noticed from other threads by now that there will be no step.

Last edited:
The only difference between the two is Kickbox and Afterburn. I hope it's going to be kickbox
!

After pulling out CCC and trying to do it the other day, I'm hoping it's AfterBurn instead of CCC. :eek:

I live in terror of CCC. :eek: I don't own it and haven't even tried it. I'm renting it through Kineticflix this month to see if I can even do it!

I've seen two different quotes of Cathe re: the workouts.

First:
Boot camp
Yoga
Body Sculpting w/tubing and weights
Lower Body Blast and abs
Cardio Core Circuit type workout
Afterburn type workout

Second:
bootcamp,
kickbox,
lower body blast,
cardio core circuit,
weights & band sculpt
yoga

The only difference between the two is Kickbox and Afterburn. I hope it's going to be kickbox!

ETA: The second list is more recent (Feb 21 vs. Feb 9). Also you have probably noticed from other threads by now that there will be no step.

Does anyone know if there have been any updates since this last post? I'm trying to get in some workouts of the type that will be featured on the road trip and couldn't find any more recent information.

Does anyone know if there have been any updates since this last post? I'm trying to get in some workouts of the type that will be featured on the road trip and couldn't find any more recent information.

Hi Missw716- there have been no additional updates since that post.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.