What WAS I thinking?

allwildgirl

Cathlete
They say that we learn from our mistakes, but there are few I just never seem to learn from, no matter how many times I make them...

* The Chinese buffet - 'nuff said.
* Starting any home renovation-type project and thinking "well, this should be quick and easy".
* Scary movies - every so often I think "I'm an adult, I can handle this...." but I never can. Nobody should be sleeping with the lights on at 43:p
* Trying to grow roses
* Trying to grow houseplants
* Thinking "Great, the laundry's all done!" - when will I learn that the laundry is NEVER donex(

I'm sure I'll think of more. Can someone please help feel like less of an idiot by posting theirs?

I'll agree with the laundry one.
And scary movies but I just don't watch them!
Cleaning the house! It always gets messy again.
Thinking that I can be crafty. I will never be a scrap booker. It's always looks like a 2 yr old did it!
LD

Ditto on yours. And, being divorced. Here's a few more..
* Men. He might just be the one. Never is, always an conflicting issue. Happy to be on my own.
* Trying to determine the problem of my old car.
* Trying to make my lawn look as good as my yard fanatic neighbours.

Agree about scary movies and laundry room

Why do I always think I can go to the Check-in Forum for a quick 5 minutes without being distracted by the Open Forum for 20 minutes?!

iris123

I keep hoping that maybe just this once I can do a workout without injuring myself.

Okay, I'm in a bit of a bad mood right now, because it keeps happening over and over and I just did it again, no matter how much I freaking modify.

*crawls out from under a mound of dirty laundry to read thread* Oh heavens yeah, there is no such thing as laundry being done!

Let's see, mine:

* Oh, I'll open that box of Thin Mints that's been in the freezer for a while and have just one. (yeah, right - one sleeve maybe).

* Oh, a puppy will be such fun! (Okay, so he is, but he's also such work!)

* I know I can walk in to Whole Foods (Target, Cost Plus, Trader Joe's...) and come out spending less the $100.00.

* Yeah, house plants. I was born with a black thumb.

**Sure, I can have the kids out the door by x o'clock!!**

**I won't splash any hair color dye on the floor or bathroom wall**

**Well, it looks like my little sister is acting like a mature adult**

Then BAM!!!

oh me, me! i don't know what i was thinking lots of times, lol. to name a few ---

* ditto on the fun puppy. i love her, but there are times i think a 3rd child would have been easier.

* ditto on the house plants. it's as if they are allergic to my touch.

* ditto on the home improvement. i am especially prone to downplaying what a painting job will entail, and having "small, quick jobs" snowball into mountains of work.

* thinking i can totally do my 60 minute workout and shower and get ready for work in 75 minutes.

* thinking i can eat one slice of pizza.

Yes! Yes!

I can NEVER enter a Whole Foods (so overpriced it is almost criminal), Trader Joe's, Target etc..without dropping a cool 100.00--at least x(

Starting any one of Cathe's "Interval"workouts or B&G and thinking, This time will be a breeze!" It never, ever is.

Allowing cans of Betty Crocker frosting (I know, I know, but I love that nasty stuff) in the house and thinking, "but I am going to make cupcakes and use it up"...the cupcakes never get made, but the frosting gets opened and "used" anyway!

Thinking that one of these days, a driver in Vegas will actually use his turn signal, or allow you to move into his lane when you need to. Never happens, never will.

Actually thinking that after I clean my black granite/marble pain in the arse floors, they will actually remain clean for more than 5 minutes, never happens, never will.

:D

Annette Bethel

-A white Kitchen with stainless applicances.
-Living in Irmo.
-Anytime I wear white: food, dirt and everything else jumps on it.
-House down the hill.
-Children and husband :D.
-Seminary.
-Ditto for laundry and grocery shopping.
-Weight for weight with Cathe and gang.....:).

Ditto on the laundry
Ditto on the puppy(almost got a chiuaua,or however you spell it,but decided to NOT)
Ditto on the one slice of pizza x(

How about thinking I can study for a test,on the day of the test,and thinking i'll be 'fine'!

working out in the morning and PLANNING to work out in the evening,but when evening comes Im lucky to make it to the bed without falling asleep on the couch!

*I'll only have one glass of wine.

*I'll only have one piece of chocolate.

*If I wait until July, there will still be lots of attractive bathing suits in my size in the stores.

*This shade of lipstick should look good on me.

*I'm not going to put a tampon in my purse. It's not due for a few days.

OMG! I am soo bad at thinking that I can purchase something like a bag of Hershey kisses OR double stuf OREOS and "believing" at that very moment that this will be the bag that I find will-power with. It will be the bag that I can make last over 7 days instead of 2 hours, it will be the bag that my husband will see in the pantry all week and not have to ask, "Where did those Oreos go?", it will be the bag that makes me feel like an in control mom. Unfortunately, this has never ever happened! And I tell myself after I eat the entire bag that I vow to never ever bring another bag into the house. Yet everytime I find myself face to face with a bag of chocolate, I think it will be different that day. I guess I just want to have a fresh start and give myself another opportunity.
But, truly it is like Dr. Phil says, I am just setting myself up for failure.
I vow to try HARDER to resist the purchase!! }(

And I feel the same about laundry! Can you imagine having to do laundry the old way, beating it on the rocks??? Those women were sooo over worked!

Denise :7

Okay, here goes:

*I can buy a half-gallon of sugar-free butter pecan ice cream and eat it in sensible amounts.

*I can check out the Cathe forums for just a few minutes.

Oh, yeah, what am I thinking when I pick up the cheese puffs or cool ranch Doritos or the peanutbutter M&M's or any of that JUNK that calls to me at the store???

What am I thinking when I start up a one-hour workout that will require a shower and I just don't have time for...why don't I reach for something shorter????

Yep, the laundry is NEVER done, my floors won't ever stay clean for more than the time they take to dry...if that, the white sinks and countertops (they came with the house and I've never changed them) won't stay white, buffets are never safe, NEVER! And beware of wearing a beloved t-shirt or other top and eating anything that might slop on it...which is anything I eat period!!!

Shelley,

I just gotta say that avatar of yours is just the cutest thing! Everytime I see it, it makes me grin.:)

My laundry is never done either.

Sandra

*I'll get to bed early tonight
*I'll get up early tomorrow morning
*I'll eat right all day
*There's plenty of time to order the cute stuff from that new catalog
*I won't stay too late at work tonight
*I'll only watch one episode of Will & Grace

* I'll go to whole foods this week and try to stay around $75 knowing that I never walk out for less than $100

* I will wake up at 6am and have "plenty" of time to get to work knowing that I have to walk the dog, do Cathe's 70min+ workout, have breakfast and shower.

* Think that when I leave my SO house on Saturday to get errands done I will be able to get it all done in the 5 hours before I am due back.

Thinking that I'll exercise when I'm on holidays.

Thinking, sure, I can eat clean on the weekends while I'm camping.

Thinking I can just have one handful of trail mix, or m&m's.

Thinking I can drop 2 lbs per week every week.

Thinking that I'm not delusional regarding the above stuff!;-) ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.